Photo

Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver Discussion Thread!

• Please log in to reply
1394 replies to this topic

#16 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(dlbrooks34 @ Aug 24 2009, 03:49 PM) View Post

But if I do have to choose between these 2, it'll be Gold, so I can get Ho-Oh.

You know you can get both Ho-oh and Lugia in either version, just level differences, assuming it's all kept the same.

#17 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 10:27 PM

I wonder how they are going to pull off the Celebi thing. It was too much work to get him. And also, I hope they keep the Unown thing in the Ruins, I know all the rooms' secrets: Escape Rope, Flash, Water Stone, and Ho-Oh.

#18 Sacred Nym

Sacred Nym

Wizard

• Members

Posted 24 August 2009 - 11:03 PM

Normally I don't get pumped about Pokemon games. I only have Platinum because some friends begged me to buy it, offering to go halfsies even, I thought, "Oh what the hell." And I had my fun, went through the game, beat the Elite Four, used AR to get the Arceus/Shaymin/Darkrai events. That was enough for me.

Silver version, however, was my favorite game for the longest time when I was 9-10 years old. So I'm gonna be picking one of these up for sure.

As for features, everyone seemed to think that if Nintendo was going to remove anything from the remake, it'd be Kanto. But that's in, and since something disposable of that scale is included, I can't really imagine them leaving anything else out. Plus I can't think of anything that was missing from FR/LG compared to R/B/Y. So I'm gonna trust that Nintendo won't disappoint here.

Gonna miss Crystal's blue haired chick though, she was awesome. icon_biggrin.gif

#19 ghost_61435

ghost_61435

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:01 AM

Actually, because of the fact that they've been doing alternate genders since Crystal version, I would expect them to keep the blue-haired chick in HeartGold and SoulSilver. And I was never that big of a fan of Crystal anyways. I did like the way you got the dogs easier, and the secret underground shops were cool too, but I always liked my Gold version better for some reason. lol.
I think it's odd that they're finally getting around to letting you have pokemon follow you, as the idea was introduced in Yellow version. I wonder if they'll let you have the option of not having one follow you. Hopefully, they'll stick close to the original game and not put in a bunch of new crap half of us don't want lol. Which reminds me, what do you all think of the little pokeball peripheral you can put a pokemon in and have it level up as you walk? Personally, I think it seems kinda cheap, training pokemon without even playing the game. And what's going to stop people from just shaking it over and over to level up faster? You might as well get an AR and get a bunch of rare candy.

And I'll be getting Gold.

#20 Adem

Adem

-

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 08:34 AM

That'd be an awful lot of shaking.

Anyways, for some bizarre reason, the fact they changed Crystal's hair from blue to brown bugs the heck out of me. It was just...her trademark. Sorta.

#21 ghost_61435

ghost_61435

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:07 AM

Yeah, well, some kids do what they can I guess. Heh
Wait, they did? NO!! Sacrilege! icon_frown.gif

#22 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:31 AM

You know, if they decide to keep adding things, it'd be sweet if they added Hoenn to explore as well as Kanto. Just imagine all of that in these 2 games. Oh and you know the National Dex is a must, as it appears in all of the recent Pokemon games.

#23 Feenicks

Feenicks

still the harpy guy

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 10:08 AM

2 regions is enough, to be honest. You're already leveled up a lot by the time you go through the Kanto leaders - and in any case the game is long enough already. Expansions to the areas that were kinda... shortchanged (like Victory Road) would be nice, but I won't be expecting any of those.

#24 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 11:36 AM

Area expansion could also work. And it would really kick tail if they actually put in the Safari Zone; I was upset when I made it there, and it no longer existed.

#25 GanonThePig97

GanonThePig97

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:41 PM

there is a Safari Zone, and you will be able to switch the areas around to get to a certain area faster. seriously, people need to check Serebii more often.

#26 hinsburg

hinsburg

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 12:53 PM

I'm excited, but I feel kind of silly buying yet ANOTHER pokemon game... I've got like fifteen already.

#27 Golden Chocobo

Golden Chocobo

For Hoshido!

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 06:02 PM

Yeah... they do make you feel that way, don't they? I felt really lame after buying Platinum because I already had Diamond... There was even a time where I considered also getting Pearl, but talked myself out of it. I'll only let myself buy either one game or the other when they make new ones, and talk my friends into buying the other! :'D

So if I want Gold, someone else will get Silver, and that way, we can catch all the pokemans! Because the only real difference, I've found, is a handful of pokemon that are available in one game and not the other, as well as the legendary pokemon at the very end.

#28 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 25 August 2009 - 07:26 PM

Ya, I only get one version, and one of my friends will get the other. As it stands right now, me, my brother, and one of my friends are getting Gold, while three other friends I have are getting Silver. That way we balance each other out and can easily trade the version specific ones to each other.

#29 Silver

Silver

If only scripting were that easy...

• Members

Posted 25 August 2009 - 09:03 PM

I recently lost my Diamond version with all my shiny pokemon in it icon_cry.gif
So I'll be picking up Silver. Lugia FTW.

It's awesome that they kept the Apricorn feature in-having a readily available supply of poke balls made the game quite easier.

#30 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:55 AM

I hope they have some kind of case for those, like the berries; otherwise, inventory space will max out fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users