Tower of Shadows 2.5 Help and Discussion

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#151 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:50 AM

Idk if you've solved this by now, but when you start off.

x x x x x

x x x x x

x x x x x

x x x x x

x = blue tiles. You want to do this

x o o o x

x o x o x

x o x o x

x o o o x

o = tiles link walks over. Hope this helps.

I need a little help with the star puzzle in Tasa Catacombs.  Can anyone help me?

^

#152 piglet497

piglet497

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

I need a little help finding the bomb upgrade.  I found the cave in the desert that I think has the L2 shield, but I need to be able to hold 20 bombs to get through the first room.  Any hints?

#153 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:58 PM

I need a little help finding the bomb upgrade.  I found the cave in the desert that I think has the L2 shield, but I need to be able to hold 20 bombs to get through the first room.  Any hints?

That cave only holds a cave key. You will need the grappling hook to buy the bomb upgrade in Goron Caverns. There is no L2 shield in this quest. You get the L3 shield from a future boss fight.

#154 piglet497

piglet497

Junior

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:09 PM

I mean't L2 sword.  Any hint on where that is?

#155 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:22 PM

I mean't L2 sword.  Any hint on where that is?

There's a hint shop in the Winter Village. One of the hints directs you through the desert maze.

#156 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 06:53 PM

I think Ive found a bug on the fire cavern.

Use one of my keys to the locked door in the bottom right which leads to the boss room...

But don't have the big key, and now don't have enough keys to progress to the south of the room where you hammer loads of pegs down… maybe Im missing a key somewhere?

#157 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 25 March 2014 - 08:46 PM

I think Ive found a bug on the fire cavern.

Use one of my keys to the locked door in the bottom right which leads to the boss room...

But don't have the big key, and now don't have enough keys to progress to the south of the room where you hammer loads of pegs down… maybe Im missing a key somewhere?

There's a room in this dungeon where you can see arrows pointing to a bomb, it's telling you that you need to bomb in that location, in a similar looking room. In the beginning of the dungeon, there is a pathway leading up. One of the rooms there can be bombed somewhere to reveal a chest. I'm not sure if I explained this very clearly, if I didn't, sorry! :(

#158 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:16 AM

Floor 8 of the tower of shadows… Having trouble reflecting a fireball. Do I need a special item?

Im also one key short of getting the big key in the Temple of time… Any ideas?

Nevermind, the pushing wand helped me get the mirror shield… then the rest was trivial.

Im not sure what I do with the light wand tho… How do I use it to get to the dark world dungeons?

Edited by Joki, 26 March 2014 - 05:14 AM.

#159 SirKazuma

SirKazuma

Wind Magic User

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:27 AM

Floor 8 of the tower of shadows… Having trouble reflecting a fireball. Do I need a special item?

Im also one key short of getting the big key in the Temple of time… Any ideas?

Nevermind, the pushing wand helped me get the mirror shield… then the rest was trivial.

Im not sure what I do with the light wand tho… How do I use it to get to the dark world dungeons?

Close to every Palace, there is a dark totem pole, if you hit them with the light wand, a portal appears. The one near the Tower of Shadows leads to Ganon's Castle, so save that one for last.

#160 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 05:29 AM

Oh man… My head hurts… Dark Swamp palace sucks...

#161 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

Oh man… My head hurts… Dark Swamp palace sucks...

I know your pain.

Just load up Notepad and start listing the numbers 1-16, and then for every statue write up the directions, and probably change some since some statues tend to lie when others are telling the truth.

#162 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:10 AM

I know your pain.

Just load up Notepad and start listing the numbers 1-16, and then for every statue write up the directions, and probably change some since some statues tend to lie when others are telling the truth.

For those of you who can't be bothered to go through the hints…   

Edited by Joki, 26 March 2014 - 07:30 AM.

#163 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:17 AM

You gotta use "[hidden] *text* [ /hidden]" (without any spaces in the commands) for those to work.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 26 March 2014 - 07:18 AM.

#164 Joki

Joki

Adept

• Members

Posted 26 March 2014 - 07:31 AM

Now the dark Fire palace is causing me grief… Cant hit that final switch with my boomerang...

#165 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:14 AM

Now the dark Fire palace is causing me grief… Cant hit that final switch with my boomerang...

A lot of people have issues with this (including me)

There's a specific way to hit the switch. I believe you have to face down, and then as soon as you press the boomerang button, immediately turn left. This might require some practice.

Now... after about 2 hours of swearing, cursing and screaming almost resulting in my head exploding, I've beaten the Final Countdown:

CoOnISD.png?1

This might've been easy for some, but this was the greatest accomplishment of my time on ZC...

Now it's time to go play Hero Mode on Isle of Rebirth... I MEAN WHAT?

Off to go rate the quest now.

Edited by EddyTheOliveira, 26 March 2014 - 01:51 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users