Second Dungeon Finished!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

Level 2 is finally finished! Now just to test it again and again...

Our theme here is fire (and lava)! Besides this being the second level of the game, it's purpose is to introduce the player to a few more mechanics, difficult enemies and puzzle solving under some sort of pressure. I'm also trying out "No screen scrolling" but I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Built in the shadow of Death mountain. This dungeon use to be part of a much larger structure, now nothing more than standing ruins. The ancient King of Hyrule chose this location to harbor one of the orbs of power left after the war, as a result the ruins are now filled with monsters.

Some sneak peaks ;)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Cheers,
Cav
  • Demonlink likes this

#2 Alucard648

Alucard648

Wizard

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:36 PM

4-way firebar is a bit too much for level 2, especially in Hot Room.

#3 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:44 PM

Ohh! I really like the atmosphere you have here with your screens! The deep red for the walls is a common choice, but you picked juuust the right shade for it to look nice. Other than that, screen design is simple and strong. I like it.

#4 cavthena

cavthena

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 14 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

Alucard, it's interesting that you say that. I haven't had any negative feed back on the placement of any firebars yet (I might of over used them in some screens :odd: ). Personally I don't find it adds that much difficulty. One thing that screen shots don't show is the speed that these arms rotate and it's not very fast.

DragonDePlatino, thanks for that it means a lot. I prefer simple screens over complex designs and open concepts unless it needs to be crowed to convey the feelings of being cramped or something like that. As for the colors. You don't get many choices in DoR for dungeons... Most of the time you have to stick to cset2 and even then it's nearly always monochrome.  :-/  I also just noticed that all the rooms I took screenies of are all square... shame on me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users