AQR Progress Checklist - Feb 5, 2015

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

I am going to be keeping running statistics on the progress of Adam's Quest Redux. My goal is to once a week create a thread like this and update on the completion stats. These will be kept on a Notepad file for my usage and to help me be more organized. What you're going to be seeing here is the abridged version of it.

====CURRENT STATISTICS====
Overworld Screens Completed: 18 / 128 (~14.1% complete)
Main Dungeons Completed: 2 / 9 (22.2% complete)
Misc Dungeons Completed: 1 / 7 (~14.7% complete)
Current Heart Maximum: 6 / 16
Triforce Piece Count: 2 / 8 (25% complete)
Active Items Available: 6 / 27 (22.2% complete)
Passive Items Available: 3 / 19 (~15.8% complete)
Heart Containers Available: 1 / 5 (20% complete)

Click the spoiler for the definition of each of the above terms:
Spoiler

So far, I have been using my let's play of the original Adam's Quest as a guide when designing screens. I touched up on a lot of the more boring aspects of the various screens and rebalanced enemies on many of them. The dungeons themselves have gone through a few changes. Again, all will be told in the spoilers. For those that prefer the spoiler-free version, everything up to level 2 is in the game, although after it, there is nothing at this time other than the blank screen voids. I haven't added anything exclusive to the remake yet other than enhanced screens and slightly edited dungeons.

====Original to Redux Changes====
Spoiler

I've taken the liberty of nerfing a few early game enemies to make it more balanced. Notably, Red Goriya boomerangs only hurt for 1/2 heart instead of their default full heart of damage. Blue Goriyas now only do a full heart with their boomerang; contact was nerfed down to 1/2 heart. In addition, all Keese and Gels now have a small chance to drop a heart or 1 Rupee when slain. Lastly, all spike traps now only cause 1/2 heart of damage with no rings instead of a full heart. In general, I think the quest will be more balanced and less frustrating for less skilled players while still offering a fair challenge. I may buff or nerf other enemies and/or items later on. But in short, I want to make it more balanced around not being able to get the Red Ring until level 9 versus having it available after doing half of level 6 and having it be almost mandatory for level 7 and 8. So yeah, expect defense upgrades to be later in this version than the original with difficulty tweaked accordingly.

If anyone has any comments or questions, feel free to say or ask whatever.
  • Eddy and Joelmacool like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users