• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

Well, I lied. :P Technically, the cave was finished like 2 weeks ago visually and I've been trying since then to add the gameplay elements such as traps, rupees, fireball shooters, and enemies. But now all of that is finished, and I'm happy that I can finally move on to Level 1.

Information
This cave is situated progressive-wise in between once you get a certain key in the Overworld and Level 1. It is quite a long cave, actually. For a new player of the quest that doesn't know the cave front to back, the cave could possibly take you up to 30 minutes to complete. And once you complete it, Level 1's entrance is right in front of you. The cave will structurally be a bit maze-like, though not to a full extent. You will be going back and forth slightly in order to find the correct keys and paths to find the exit of the cave, though it shouldn't be too strenuous. There will be a few enemy challenge rooms and also a few puzzle rooms for variety.

Screenshots
I hope that you will enjoy this cave as much as I enjoyed making it. Now for a few screenshots for the purpose of revealing what the cave will look like visually:
zelda028-2.pngzelda030-1.pngzelda026-1.pngzelda025-2.pngzelda027-1.pngzelda029-1.pngzelda031-1.png

I hope you see that I worked a lot on the cave visually to make each screen look beautiful by itself. Please leave in the comments below comments, suggestions, and critiques on this style of screen design as I always appreciate good feedback that can help me improve these screens if need be. :)

Map
Here is a map of only a section of the cave. As I stated in the sentence before this one, there is a lot more of this cave then I am showing below. I am not showing the entire cave because I don't want to reveal the entire thing. ;)

Anyway, here is the map:
9e73b7ad-47b7-485e-806c-01b18474d700.png

Again, please leave in the comments below comments, suggestions, and critiques on the map as I always appreciate good feedback that can help me improve the map if need be.

Thank you to all who read this! I'm hoping to get more and more progress done on this quest, and I hope you guys enjoyed what you saw! Thanks for all your support. :)

• Shane, Eddy, Joelmacool and 2 others like this

#2 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:45 PM

This is really amazing, Davi. Good block puzzle too.

• David likes this

#3 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:52 PM

This is really amazing, Davi. Good block puzzle too.

Thank you, that means a lot to me. :)

#4 Demonlink

Demonlink

Lurking in the shadows...

• Members

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

The great news about this is that you've gotten more progress done, and this I'm so glad to hear this! :) Expect me to explore it once a demo or something gets uploaded. Count me in for this man! (Oh, and that's a pretty swell design you got going on from there, I like the layered transparent shadow as well :) )

• David likes this

#5 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:24 PM

Good to hear the progress Davi! :D
  • David likes this

#6 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

The great news about this is that you've gotten more progress done, and this I'm so glad to hear this! :) Expect me to explore it once a demo or something gets uploaded. Count me in for this man! (Oh, and that's a pretty swell design you got going on from there, I like the layered transparent shadow as well :) )

Thanks for the comments! And yeah, I'm most likely going to release a demo soon. :)

Good to hear the progress Davi! :D

Thanks! :)

#7 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:53 PM

That's really neat DaviAwesome. I honestly hope you do more big caves for your quest as ZC lacks large caves that are fun and well designed.

• David likes this

#8 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:05 PM

That's really neat DaviAwesome. I honestly hope you do more big caves for your quest as ZC lacks large caves that are fun and well designed.

Thanks! And yeah, I'm planning on making a few more caves in my quest. :)

#9 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:18 AM

Looks great! You pull a lot out of classic-style graphics. :)

When I saw the name of this topic, I was thinking of Zelda 1 for some reason. "The cave before Level 1"... All I could think of was the cave where Abei gives you the wooden sword and I was thinking, "Well, I guess it's OK for David to celebrate building a single screen..." :XD: I'm glad to see you've gone further than that. Haha.

• David likes this

#10 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:30 AM

Looks great! You pull a lot out of classic-style graphics. :)

When I saw the name of this topic, I was thinking of Zelda 1 for some reason. "The cave before Level 1"... All I could think of was the cave where Abei gives you the wooden sword and I was thinking, "Well, I guess it's OK for David to celebrate building a single screen..." :XD: I'm glad to see you've gone further than that. Haha.

Thanks! :)

And lol, that's funny. I can see where you got the confusion though, but yeah, I did go much further than 1 screen. xD

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 13 January 2015 - 11:52 AM

Nice! I'm really digging those screenshots, it seems like you're really using this quite effectively and nicely, I'm loving it! As for the whole concept with the cave, again, I like it a lot. It seems like this is gonna be a quest I'm really looking forward to :P

• David likes this

#12 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:57 PM

Nice! I'm really digging those screenshots, it seems like you're really using this quite effectively and nicely, I'm loving it! As for the whole concept with the cave, again, I like it a lot. It seems like this is gonna be a quest I'm really looking forward to :P

Thanks, it means a lot that you enjoyed them!
  • Eddy likes this

#13 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:02 PM

Great job! The cave looks really nice and fun to play. I can't find anything that would need improvement. It's perfect.

• David likes this

#14 David

David

• Administrators

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:25 PM

Great job! The cave looks really nice and fun to play. I can't find anything that would need improvement. It's perfect.

Thanks, it means a lot that you believe it doesn't need improvement! :)

#15 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 17 January 2015 - 12:09 AM

Looking good. :) It's nice to see you working on this again. Keep up the good work. ;)

• David and jimbrads like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users