Dreams Realm Help Thread

• Please log in to reply
244 replies to this topic

#16 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 23 November 2023 - 08:40 PM

As funny as it sounds, with as long as I have been playing/using ZC, I have never noticed that it happens in all games.  Finally in the dreams realm.  Loving the challenge each step of the way, especially with the maze like layout of the sun temple dungeon.  Working on figuring out the riddle from the tablet now as I have only been able to find 3 of the dead trees....

Just try to go everywhere you can in the Turtle hills and you will find the last tree. One of them you need to cross a bridge.

#17 connor.clark

connor.clark

Junior

• ZC Developers

Posted 23 November 2023 - 09:24 PM

The only other possible bug/glitch I have found so far is when you finish playing and save the game, then close out the player, next time you open it up and start the quest back up to continue, your "A" button does not have the same item in place as it was.  I had the sword in the "A" button when I last played with the feather on "B", and when I continued, I had the mystery seeds in my "A" button slot.  

That bug is actually fixed in 2.55

#18 Sans

Sans

Hey kid wanna buy hot dogs ?

• Members

Posted 24 November 2023 - 01:44 PM

I'll be honest: this is the weirdest bug we have experienced...
  • jwex001 likes this

#19 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 24 November 2023 - 10:17 PM

Well, Here are a few more.  Just got the flippers, and am now backtracking to find all the area's previously inaccessible due to not having them.  Will come back and finish the dungeon I get them from sometime this weekend, but here are a few more spots I have found.  I do not believe there are any spoilers below, but if there are I apologize.  Please let me know and I will add a spoiler code to the post.

1:  In the center section of Turtle Hills area, if you fall in the gaps between the bridge, it sends you back into the entrance of the caves (byu the same exit that brings you to it..

5PcyOtI.png  iZ3BAa9.png

2:  In the Desert of Mirages, at the bridge clipped below, if you fall in the gap between the bridges, it drops you into the dungeon below into a wall.  If you use the hole above the bridge though, it drops you into the dungeon normally.   

xwxe6Gp.png   Jugcs94.png

3:  On this spot also in the Desert of Mirages,did you mean to have the player be able stand on this sandfall?    In the 2nd pic, this sandfall behind the tree (the one with a cactus right infront of it) you can actually walk on, but it acts as a pitfall causing you damage.  There was another one I found in a dungeon, but I cannot remember where, and my screen clip did not save for a 3rd pic....

GeeETcO.png   Quy0o3x.png

4:  While traveling around and backtracking once I found the flippers to investigate previously inaccessible areas, it looks like you might be able to "sequence break" and get into some area's sooner that you are supposed to.  I was able to get into the snowy graveyard and subsequent dungeon by doing this.I did not clip that area as I have not found a glitch/bug there.

QMpJvrS.png  Mdw01Yq.png

5: While exploring, I also came across this shop (I apologize, I cannot remember off the top of my head how I got to it outside of a possible sequence break), and the shop has 2 NPC Shopkeepers (or so it seems)...

v5ewcOr.png  iHdTb4D.png

6:  Also while exploring, I came across this screen with the two waterwheels, and you can swim on top of them and even move partially into the next screen above it.  This works on both sides of the waterwheels...

H6APSet.png

• TheRock likes this

#20 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 24 November 2023 - 11:36 PM

Okay. Fixed all of the waterfall being pits and not pits and every other bug. The Turtle hills one I don't know what to do about it. Since that's kind of how the pit and cave walk down work. The jumping over those big pits I knew about and want to keep it. 

The Snowy Graveyard you are intended to be able to get there once you get the flippers. 

Edited by TheRock, 24 November 2023 - 11:39 PM.

#21 Cryomundus

Cryomundus

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 27 November 2023 - 07:58 PM

So I'm in the Magmarite Mines, and I think the minecart in the same room as the drum instrument is bugged, because sometimes it just does not show up and I'm not sure why. I had just turned the gate for that track green so I could progress, and for some strange reason the cart just isn't there. Also this would be the first time I would've been able to properly ride it all the way to the end, so its not like I left on the opposite end of the track, its just not spawned for some reason.

Edit: Huh, leaving the dungeon entirely and re-entering it put it back. Weird.

Edited by Cryomundus, 27 November 2023 - 08:17 PM.

#22 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 27 November 2023 - 08:11 PM

So I'm in the Magmarite Mines, and I think the minecart in the same room as the drum instrument is bugged, because sometimes it just does not show up and I'm not sure why. I had just turned the gate for that track green so I could progress, and for some strange reason the cart just isn't there. Also this would be the first time I would've been able to properly ride it, so its not like I left on the opposite end of the track, its just not spawned for some reason.

Fixed. I forgot to make those minecart have there own ID. Right now there're linked with two other ones.

#23 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 29 November 2023 - 10:44 AM

Still working my way around to figure out what "side missions" I can do or find.  I just beat the frozen church level as well.  The hint in the deseret to get to the boss room regarding a skull in the desert is also racking my brain fairly hard.  The only other glitch I have found is that some water sources will "Ignite" when hit with fire (like from the ember seeds or flame sword).  One prime example is in the first town you start in by the fisherman.  I have found a few others as well but cannot remember off the top of my head where they were.  I can post a pic if need be.  I'm am also loving the maze and puzzle aspects of some of the dungeons...makes it a nice difficulty in that aspect.

Edited by jwex001, 29 November 2023 - 12:25 PM.

• TheRock likes this

#24 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:11 PM

Still working my way around to figure out what "side missions" I can do or find.  I just beat the frozen church level as well.  The hint in the deseret to get to the boss room regarding a skull in the desert is also racking my brain fairly hard.  The only other glitch I have found is that some water sources will "Ignite" when hit with fire (like from the ember seeds or flame sword).  One prime example is in the first town you start in by the fisherman.  I have found a few others as well but cannot remember off the top of my head where they were.  I can post a pic if need be.  I'm am also loving the maze and puzzle aspects of some of the dungeons...makes it a nice difficulty in that aspect.

Pictures would help. 

The desert skull meant this skull: xwxe6Gp.png

Edited by TheRock, 29 November 2023 - 01:13 PM.

#25 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 29 November 2023 - 01:32 PM

Fixed the light flame on about 100 screens. Here's the file with all of the fixes: https://www.mediafir..._Realm.qst/file

• jwex001 likes this

#26 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 01 December 2023 - 08:39 AM

Thanks TheRock,  I did find that one by the skull fairly easily by playing like I normally do (checking everything with everything), but must have been confusing it for the route to get to the boss room.  I am still very much enjoying every aspect of this quest and only have 2 more "bugs" or errors I have come across.

1:  In the oil Factory, there is at least 1 sport where the floor arrows do not move you and you can walk on them normally.  Here is the place I found it:

bDnxDxD.png

2:  In the Sacred Realm level, there is a door you go into, that places you in a wall on the opposite side of it.  You are able to get back through the same way you come in, and it is the same no matter which of the red/blue blocks you have in the down position.  I also like the aspect of the "easter egg" from the owl statue here.  Still trying to figure out if it is a clue to something or not though...

QUkyxK7.png  LXZ2XDJ.png

Edit:  I also found these after updating to the linked file .

Edited by jwex001, 01 December 2023 - 08:40 AM.

• TheRock likes this

#27 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 01 December 2023 - 10:33 AM

Thanks TheRock,  I did find that one by the skull fairly easily by playing like I normally do (checking everything with everything), but must have been confusing it for the route to get to the boss room.  I am still very much enjoying every aspect of this quest and only have 2 more "bugs" or errors I have come across.

1:  In the oil Factory, there is at least 1 sport where the floor arrows do not move you and you can walk on them normally.  Here is the place I found it:

bDnxDxD.png

2:  In the Sacred Realm level, there is a door you go into, that places you in a wall on the opposite side of it.  You are able to get back through the same way you come in, and it is the same no matter which of the red/blue blocks you have in the down position.  I also like the aspect of the "easter egg" from the owl statue here.  Still trying to figure out if it is a clue to something or not though...

QUkyxK7.png  LXZ2XDJ.png

Edit:  I also found these after updating to the linked file .

The conveyor isn't a bug just how the script works when the up and down are next to each other like that. 

The Sacred Realm the screen to the left your not supposed to be able to switch the barrier from the left side of the screen. Fixed.

Edited by TheRock, 01 December 2023 - 10:37 AM.

• jwex001 likes this

#28 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 02 December 2023 - 06:45 PM

Got it, I was not aware of that regarding conveyer belts.  Also, Just beat the sacred realm, and saw how that room is supposed to work.  I was not expecting the wall to move like it did.  Also, that boss battle, that was a good challenge. 

• TheRock likes this

#29 jwex001

jwex001

Senior

• Members

Posted 04 December 2023 - 08:13 PM

Just finish getting the last instrument over the weekend, and have started exploring to tie up "loose ends."  Found the Starlight ruins, and beat it.  Decent boss fight, but seemed a bit easier than some of the other ones I have fought.  Surprised at the reward, but it was a welcome one nonetheless.  Trying to find another screen that I had previously found, that for some reason I cannot find anymore.  It was in a forest type area if I recall correctly, and had a path in the top right of the screen behind a hammer spot (I could be confusing it with another quest, but I do not believe I am as I have only been playing this one during the open beta for it.  There are two area's I cannot figure out though:

1:  How do you open this up?  I tried literally everything I have up to this point to no avail:

xmqU3KW.png

2:  Not sure how I did not notice this the first time I came to Karma town, but at the below location, you can go left and get trapped in the trees on the screen to the left.  You can go back to the right to where you started, but it seems like there should be a barrier block here.  Look in the bottom left of the first pic, and in the bottom right of the 2nd one (you can just make out my shield).

hXjZw8h.png   Yo2R4E0.png

3:  And under the first town, is this room below a gravestone.  Is there something you are supposed to be able to do here?  I do not recall coming through the door on the quest so far unless my old age is getting to me that is...

Or is it an area you have to do something to open late game?  Trying to 100% everything I can before going to the final dungeon.

WgybUkx.png

Hoping for a great challenge in the final dungeon, and will be taking care of it later this week as I have a very busy day the next 2 days and might not be able to play those days.

#30 Cryomundus

Cryomundus

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 04 December 2023 - 10:32 PM

Out of curiosity, around what level are you able to get the blue ring? Getting to the point where I'm really starting to feel the lack of defense, and feeling like I've missed something somewhere. Don't want to know specifics, just around what point it becomes available.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users