Photo

Best/Worst Zelda Classic quest you ever played?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#16 MermaidCim

MermaidCim

Yes I'm that guy who dreamt Dani was Zelda. LOL Cimfam/zelda

• Members

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:39 AM

Then we can just throw out the Worst quest thought and just say what the Best quest you played is...

#17 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:01 PM

My favourite quest so far was tower of shadows by avataro. However the games by mudvayne are runners up. Another runner-up is Trinity worlds.
The worst quest so far is Holocaust Remake. Definately that quest is poor taste. I dont feel offended by it i just think why did somebody get the idea to release something like that.

#18 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:27 PM

I feel I played too few quests to judge well, but my favourite quest is Cousin of Powers, with Mario's Insane Rampage being a close 2nd. My least favourite quest? I really can't think of any. All of the quests I played had some flaws. I do recall one of my own quests which was the New1st quest, but I changed the main character to a gangster, nothing more. I even tried submitting it to the database. Heh.

#19 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:05 AM

QUOTE(aaa2 @ Feb 24 2012, 07:31 AM) View Post

The worst quest so far is Holocaust Remake. Definately that quest is poor taste. I dont feel offended by it i just think why did somebody get the idea to release something like that.

Isn't it obvious? It was a joke quest...

#20 bgw_6

bgw_6

• Members

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:41 PM

Best: End of Time DX by Pineconn

Worst: The Tao of Link. it was beautiful until the part the difficulty overturned the entire thing :/

Edited by bgw_6, 26 February 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#21 aaa2

aaa2

Wizard

• Banned

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE(Shane @ Feb 26 2012, 01:05 AM) View Post

Isn't it obvious? It was a joke quest...

Of course it is obvious but in my opinion to release that is not very nice. Also it was not a very sensible joke. I personally dislike the whole idea. Some people might upload a virus that plays a fart-sound on your computer before it is deleting your hard drive as a joke. I bet you wouldnt find such a joke funny either. And in my opinion that stuff touches a very sensible problem. I know that the author writes he/she did not release it to offend anybody. But i would eat my hat if it was not released to at least provoke somebody or at least test out limits of censorship on this website(will it get deleted in an act to censor or not).

#22 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 26 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Does this count? icon_razz.gif

#23 MasterPlayer2342

MasterPlayer2342

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Best: Lost Isle why? The overworld is amazing and huge, the dungeons are fun and clever and with great puzzles, there is a lot of caves to explore, and the custom bosses just make it better!

Worst: Twitch TV Invasion Lunatic why? Read Pokemonmaster64's review on it that says it all!

Edited by MasterPlayer2342, 07 May 2012 - 05:54 PM.

#24 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 04:54 PM

Man, I've played so many good quests over the years that this is hard to answer. Can I make a top 6? I'm only counting ones I've beaten, mind you. icon_frown.gif
I don't have much to say about most of them, 'cause most of it's already been said...

Sabotage Dragoon by C-Dawg
What's there to say? It's probably one of the most creative quests out there, still. Also it's humongous. icon_frown.gif

The Revenge II by PrinceMSC
What's there to say? It revolutionized ZC and was probably responsible for the single biggest leap in terms of graphical quality the ZC community has ever seen. Even if it's not that pretty by today's standards, if there weren't a Revenge II, there'd be no Mystic Land, and there'd be no Pure, and there'd be no DoR. icon_frown.gif

Link's Birthday [DX] by Mr. Z
I dunno. I can't explain this one, really -- it was just the first Pure Tileset quest I played and I have a lot of attachment to it. Plus, Mr. Z was probably one of the best dungeon designers we've ever had... Link's Birthday DX just probably happened to contain his best work.

A Link to the Shadows by Bloodstar
This got me back into ZC years after I figured I was done with it. I love the aesthetic of it... and the music and dungeon design were also brilliant. It takes the '90s DOS aesthetic that the Demo Quest had and develops it further, which I think is a really unique and cool artistic direction to take. It's not flawless, but I'm definitely attached to it.

Oh... and as for the worst? I really have no idea. I still have yet to play anything that's seriously offended my taste. icon_frown.gif

#25 peteandwally

peteandwally

chiubicabachiukicaca

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

IPB Image

That was a thrill

#26 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:48 AM

Wow bgw! My favorite quest is also End of Time DX! That quest is the reason why I joined Purezc, and got inspired to make my own quests! It was done so well and I had a ton of fun playing it, it was the first quest I ever fully completed!

As for the worst quest, it would have to be Mario Quest. I can give you several reasons why it is the worst quest ever, but I will let you try this abomination for yourself.

#27 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:05 AM

QUOTE(Ultimatezeldafan546 @ May 16 2012, 10:48 PM) View Post

Wow bgw! My favorite quest is also End of Time DX! That quest is the reason why I joined Purezc, and got inspired to make my own quests! It was done so well and I had a ton of fun playing it, it was the first quest I ever fully completed!

Out of curiosity, have you ever played the original End of Time? That was the quest that really got me hooked on ZC, way back when. I tried remaking it a couple of times even (with Pineconn's permission, of course). I oughta dig out a few of my old shots to compare to his sometime...

#28 UZF

UZF

Junior

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

QUOTE(Russ)
Out of curiosity, have you ever played the original End of Time?

I actually haven't. Ya know what? I think I might just grab the original quest right now! He did an amazing job to be able to inspire us to make quests. The best Zelda quests are the quests that inspire people to make their own quests. Pineconn should be very proud of himself for making such a quest.

#29 Yloh

Yloh

My Face!!!

• Members

Posted 20 November 2012 - 01:14 PM

The best quest I have played is "Lost Isle". What can I say that everybody else hasn't already said. I love the massive overworld, each dungeon is very unique, and great boss battles. I've played the beta version of "Isle of Rebirth" and that quest is looking like it will compete with the top dogs of this site.

The worst quest I have played is "Metroid: Legends". I really haven't played any really bad quests, but this one does stand out to me. The concept and custom title art did appeal to me, however the gameplay may keep people from finishing the quest. Dungeons are very bland. At one point, you go to a new overworld. If you return to the fist overworld, you will be trapped there forever and can not progress through the game. The ending also jumps up in difficulty way too much. Of course, I was new to playing Zelda Classic back then and could probably own the end of the game now.

#30 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE(nicklegends @ Jan 24 2012, 09:41 PM) View Post

My favorite quest is Link's Awakening DX. It was well-designed, epic, and challenging.

Is that a ZC quest?? I made a simple editable template of it, but the DX version to my knowledge is an actual game.

One of my favorites was Germis Quest. It isn't much to look at, but it did do some simple things that I liked with its overworld: namely, having two of them. Also, the three-stair warps were replaced by actual dungeon-style tunnels, and I liked that too. The mario music used throughout was a little weird though.

Also liked The Longest Journey by pLeitorian. Both this and Germis are in default tileset, but it seems like when people make a quest without worrying about graphics, other interesting things happen instead. I dunno, maybe I just like it a little simpler. :/ I especially liked this quest though. It was a *big* quest, and it actually had quite some spectacle and imagination to it. If I had the drive to make another quest, I'd want to make something like this.

Edited by King Aquamentus, 23 November 2012 - 12:23 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users