Photo

Big Link Hit Box Problems...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 octorock420

octorock420

• Members

Posted 08 October 2007 - 09:19 PM

I was wondering if anyone could help me? I just recently scrapped my entire quest and decided I needed to use a bigger Link to accomodate my new one. I am having some problems with the Slash tiles animating correctly. It seems that they borrow some tiles from the Stab animation and are switching to a smaller Link in-between. Can anyone tell me how to set up Big Link correctly? Even a crude ASCII drawing showing rows or tiles would be a major help! I'm using the very latest Beta: Version 2.11 (Build 18)

#2 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 09 October 2007 - 04:28 PM

That's... not the latest beta. The 2.5 ones are. icon_blah.gif

Also, I recommend you DO NOT check Big Link Hit Box. It screws things up.

As for the slash problem, you have to set that in Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Link. Make sure you select the correct Link (your big Link slashing) for the slot.

#3 octorock420

octorock420

• Members

Posted 09 October 2007 - 08:08 PM

I stand corrected on the build part. It was the 600- something build. When I looked at the About section to find version number, the latter is what it said. Big Link creates problems? Like what? I just spent 2 days completely hand spriting a custom sheet.... As for the setting of tiles in Link Sprite data, I had done just that. It just takes 3 out of 6 of the animation tiles and puts them to use.

#4 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 09 October 2007 - 09:07 PM

Oh! See the quest is using BS-Style animation, which is 3 frames. Now, you want to check Z3-style animation, which is 6 or 7 frames. Unfortunately, I can't help you with finding the checkboxes (being on a PC without ZC sucks) but I believe that's the problem.

#5 octorock420

octorock420

• Members

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:33 AM

Thank you, but man, I wish that was the problem. I've had Z3 style animation on this whole time! It worked correctly the very first time I changed my Link to Big Link ( the slash animation ) but every time I swung my sword afterwards it cut it back down to three frames, inserting the small Link Stab animation! I've been working on this quest for almost a solid year, and this is mainly the only thing holding me back from working on it ( with the exception of trying to make 4x4 enemies without resorting to scripts, because I've no clue to go about doing any of that! ) without getting completely frustrated!

#6 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 10 October 2007 - 11:14 AM

I think that the slash tiles only use three frames no matter what style of animation it is. Sucks, but that's just the way it works.

#7 octorock420

octorock420

• Members

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:32 PM

Thanks! That makes more sense. Topic closed! Now onto something else!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users