• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 07 October 2023 - 08:47 AM

Happy weekend, everyone! We currently have one submission for Screenshot of the Week 798. There's still plenty of time to submit screens, as always!

• Bagu likes this

#47 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 14 October 2023 - 07:57 PM

Hey everyone! We currently have one submission for Screenshot of the Week 799.

#48 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 15 October 2023 - 10:14 PM

Hey everyone, just another reminder that we only have one submission for Screenshot of the Week 799. If I don't have enough entries by Tuesday morning EST time, I will be delaying SotW 799 by a week!

#49 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 18 October 2023 - 05:46 AM

Hey everyone, just another reminder that we only have one submission for Screenshot of the Week 799. If I don't have enough entries by Tuesday morning EST time, I will be delaying SotW 799 by a week!

Bruh. What happened to the Totodile pfp? Who is this wacka-doodle doo?

#50 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 18 October 2023 - 07:03 AM

Bruh. What happened to the Totodile pfp? Who is this wacka-doodle doo?

I think I've had Sokra as my avatar for nearly six months now lol

Also, due to a combination of factors, I have decided that there will be no Screenshot of the Week this week. Screenshot of the Week 799 will return next week.

In the meantime, a few things:
- We currently have three entries for Screenshot of the Week 799. As the website is still having security issues, if you wish to DM me your screens rather than submitting them via the Dropbox, then by all means feel free to.
- Screenshot of the Weeks 800 and 801 will still follow their previously mentioned themes - 800 being a milestone contest, and 801 being Halloween themed. The more entries we have for these two contests, the better!
- We are also looking to set up a SotW submission form within the Discord server - if anybody has any suggestions on what website/app/bot to use, please feel free to reach out to myself or any of the other staff members!
  • Matthew likes this

#51 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 19 October 2023 - 08:14 PM

If that’s the true, that just shows how bad my unintentional disappearances go.

#52 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 20 October 2023 - 12:29 AM

I have to be honest, I am not a fan of the themed contests, at all. At least not for something like SotW. That said as long as they aren't actually required, it could be fun. Just my unsolicited two cents lol.

• Chris likes this

#53 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 22 October 2023 - 09:11 PM

It's something that I thought it would be worth experimenting with when I took SotW over at the start of the year. I think there was great success with the April Fool's contest, which made me think it was worth pursuing more. I know Screenshot: Challenge Accepted was an event once upon a time and I feel it was a little bit of a nod back to that - something that wasn't happening regularly, but just something intermittent to break up the usual SotW fare. I also thought of it as a way to still have contests where there wasn't a hard limit of four entries per contest. 800 isn't necessarily themed either, I just wanted to not bother with the hard limit considering it's the 800th contest lol

As the year's gone on I feel like the interest in SotW - and the themed contests particularly - has dropped off somewhat, but I could be wrong. FWIW, if there's more "normal" screenshots than themed ones, then it's all the more likely a contest will carry on as normal. The big problem is that there aren't many people submitting at all at the moment - which I suspect may lead SotW to revert back to the fortnightly format if that continues.

#54 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 28 October 2023 - 07:24 PM

Happy weekend everyone! We currently have two submissions for Screenshot of the Week 800.

I'd really love to see as many screenshots for this milestone as possible, so if you have any fancy screens laying around on your computer, why not consider submitting one?

#55 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 05 November 2023 - 10:40 PM

Hey everyone, we still only have two submissions for Screenshot of the Week 801!
If there aren't enough submissions by 11:59 pm tonight ACST/7:59 am ET, I will not be posting Screenshot of the Week this week!

• Bagu likes this

#56 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 06 November 2023 - 09:40 AM

As per my previous message, Screenshot of the Week 801 will not be happening this week as we have only got two submissions for the contest. 801 was originally going to be a themed contest; when or if it resumes next week, it will just be a regular Screenshot of the Week contest.

It is very disheartening to put Screenshot of the Week on pause this week - particularly considering that:

1. how many people entered a screenshot for SotW 800, and
  2. that we have just had the 800th contest.

If we had even half of SotW 800's participation on a regular basis, I wouldn't be pinging the Discord announcements channel or bumping this thread about needing more entries.
Unfortunately, this isn't a one-off occurrence - it has been happening since the contest returned to a weekly format. If you've submitted shots regularly over the last few months particularly; thank you for keeping the contest going.
I will be assessing Screenshot of the Week's future as a weekly contest over the coming week, as well the contest's future in 2024 and beyond.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out either here, or on the PureZC Discord.

#57 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 06 November 2023 - 05:56 PM

I still think weekly is fine, sometimes there will just be "off" weeks. Everyone kinda went all in for 800, so I'm not too shocked to see a lack of entries for the following week. Something about ebbs and flows, and all that. Plus, with the site being down/ only open to members for the last few weeks probably didn't help.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#58 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 07 November 2023 - 09:06 AM

I agree with Anthus, please keep the weekly schedule for now

I want to submit regularly again, I've just finished a lot of scripting work after an hiatus and will get back to screen design soon. I'll submit some older screens in the meantime!

#59 Architect Abdiel

Architect Abdiel

Kingdom Builder

• Members

Posted 12 November 2023 - 07:15 PM

Those are some good points.

How we looking now Chop Chop?

#60 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 12 November 2023 - 09:46 PM

we have four entries, so i will post 801 in a few hours i reckon

I still think weekly is fine, sometimes there will just be "off" weeks. Everyone kinda went all in for 800, so I'm not too shocked to see a lack of entries for the following week. Something about ebbs and flows, and all that. Plus, with the site being down/ only open to members for the last few weeks probably didn't help.

I agree with Anthus, please keep the weekly schedule for now

I want to submit regularly again, I've just finished a lot of scripting work after an hiatus and will get back to screen design soon. I'll submit some older screens in the meantime!

hmmmm, good points these. just been feeling like i've been doing a lot of pinging and bumping across discord and the forums for little yield aside from 800. hoping that'll change come holiday season but who knows.

edit: it's probably also worth mentioning that the future will be more in consideration of 2024 and beyond; I don't see much point in changing up the format this close to the end of the year

• Anthus and Twilight Knight like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users