beach fungeon time

• Taco Chopper likes this

#32 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 July 2023 - 12:22 AM

Happy weekend everyone! There's just the two submissions ahead of Screenshot of the Week 784 - we'd love to see at least one more screenshot entered before tomorrow night!

#33 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 22 July 2023 - 10:52 PM

Hi everyone, there's just the two entries submitted ahead of Screenshot of the Week 787. We'd love to see at least one more entry before the contest starts on Monday!

#34 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 23 July 2023 - 10:47 PM

Announcing the latest themed Screenshot of the Week! 789's theme is:

!!!!!!!!BARBENHEIMER!!!!!!!!!

barbenheimer.png

That's right, I've decided that Screenshot of the Week needs to hop onto the meme train! And what better time than after two of the most hyped movies of the year came out last week on the same day!

So what does a Barbenheimer screen look like, you might ask? Well, here's an artist's intepretation of such a screenshot:

barbenheimer788.png

What I'm looking for in your screens is a tale of two halves - something that contrasts with the other. It's the bleakness of Barbie meeting the pure sugar high of Oppenheimer in a beautiful collision!

The "two halves" can be tilesets, palettes, themes, anything you can think of. Get creative!

"But Taco", I hear you ask, "how did you make that screenshot in ZC?" 

Well, I did each half in two separate tilesets - Firebird and GB in this instance - before putting them together in MS Paint. You can submit your screenshots pre-merged, or if you're not sure how to do it, you can put both halves in the one dropbox submission with them looking like this, and I'll edit them together myself:

barbenheimerexampleleft.png barbenheimerexampleright.png

As is the way with themed Screenshot of the Weeks, there are no maximum capacity on entries - so I expect as many surrealist takes on what defines a ZC screenshot in the dropbox on Sunday night.

Of course, if you have any issues around submitting with this format, or you're just not sure on what would be a good Barbenheimer screen, please let me know either on here or via Discord! I understand this is a rather unique take on Screenshot of the Week, and I'm very interested to see what you all can come up with.

• Twilight Knight, Mitchfork, Shane and 1 other like this

#35 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 31 July 2023 - 12:42 AM

Hi everyone! As we received only one themed entry, I've decided to delay the Barbenheimer themed Screenshot of the Week by a week. Entries permitting, Screenshot of the Week 789 will now be the Barbenheimer themed edition.

I would really love to see as many entries as possible for this - if there are any issues or concerns around the entry conditions, please reach out and ask me!

#36 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 31 July 2023 - 01:22 AM

Ah that theme idea is cool, but I totally didn't catch that before submitting.

These posts get buried quite easily.

#37 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 31 July 2023 - 03:46 AM

Ah that theme idea is cool, but I totally didn't catch that before submitting.

These posts get buried quite easily.

As you've alread mentioned to me, and I absolutely agree. Currently using this thread and the event announcements channel on the Discord server to send out announcements like this, but if there's a better way of announcing themed contests, then that's something I'll be very keen about looking into.

• Twilight Knight likes this

#38 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 31 July 2023 - 03:53 AM

gaXK5Oh.png

Do you think this description could be easily adjusted? It might be a good solution

#39 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 19 August 2023 - 12:33 PM

Happy weekend, everyone! We currently have one submission for Screenshot of the Week 791. If you've been working on your two week contest entry, why not show off some work in progress?

#40 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 20 August 2023 - 08:59 PM

Hey everyone, there's still only one submission for Screenshot of the Week 791.
If there aren't enough submissions ahead of Monday night, I will be considering delaying SotW 791 until we have enough entries!

#41 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 27 August 2023 - 09:19 PM

Hey everyone, we have two submissions for Screenshot of the Week 792!
As always, would love to start it as soon as possible - ideally we need three screenshots submitted to kick things off :)

#42 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 10 September 2023 - 10:45 AM

Happy weekend, everyone!
We only have two submissions for Screenshot of the Week 794. Still plenty of time to get your screens in, of course!

#43 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 24 September 2023 - 09:22 PM

Hey everyone, we only have one submission for Screenshot of the Week 796! If there aren't at least three entries by Tuesday, then I will be pushing the contest back a week!

#44 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 01 October 2023 - 07:04 AM

Happy weekend, everyone! We currently have three submissions for Screenshot of the Week 797. There's still plenty of time to submit screens, as always!

I will also be announcing some news around some of the upcoming Screenshot of the Week contests very shortly as well - I want to give you all plenty of time to prepare! 

• Bagu likes this

#45 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 01 October 2023 - 10:13 PM

Hey everyone, I just wanted to give a few updates!

Firstly thanks to everyone who's been submitting screenshots on a regular basis over the last few weeks - I'm still in awe that we haven't had to delay a contest for longer than a day or two at worst! Secondly, there are two big Screenshot of the Week contests coming up! SotW 798 and 799 will be business as usual, but...

SCREENSHOT OF THE WEEK 800 IS UPON US IN THREE WEEKS.

I don't know about y'all, but the fact this community has nearly managed to hit its 800th contest of ZC screenshots is... kind of wild and cool. Anyway, I'd really love to see everyone and anyone submit screenshots for SotW 800 - show the community what Screenshot of the Week has meant to you!

Secondly, in a twist of bizarre timing, Halloween is the week after, so Screenshot of the Week 801 will be

SPOOKY TIMES ONLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm using big fonts to get my point across.
tl;dr both SotW 800 and 801 will not have the usual maximum entry restrictions applied. 800 is the milestone contest, 801 is Halloween themed. If you have any questions, don't be afraid to reach out!
  • nicklegends likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users