Television Themes Music Groosebumps

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:06 PM

I don't think there's a topic out there...

Anyways, what the title says. What are some of your favorite television show themes?

I am obsessed with the Game of Thrones theme. I find myself whistling it all the time.

#2 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

I wanna be the very best like no one ever was....

That I will never let go.

Edited by Dawnlight, 13 May 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#3 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:18 PM

Mine are pretty much anime openings, but that's probably because most other shows I watch don't really have openings anymore, I guess?  MLP does, but that would just open a can of worms probably. :P  Anyway, here are some particulars.

• Ventus likes this

#4 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:28 PM

Mine are pretty much anime openings, but that's probably because most other shows I watch don't really have openings anymore, I guess?  MLP does, but that would just open a can of worms probably. :P  Anyway, here are some particulars.

"TV Show" is a vague term, and anime are just animated TV shows, so they count. I'm mostly referring to live-action shows, though.

Another theme song that I couldn't get out of my head for the longest time is the Dexter theme.

• Ventus likes this

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:31 PM

I know Scoot already mentioned it, but Attack on Titan's second opening, Flugel der Freiheit, is probably my favorite opening of all time. Everything about it is just incredible. But it's so often overlooked because it's not the first opening (which is good, don't get me wrong, just not as good), overshadowed by its brother.

Speaking of Titans, the opening for Teen Titans has lodged itself in my head and refuses to get out. It's simplistic, but really dang catchy. And it's got one heck of a baseline.

Finally, I gotta throw mention to Gravity Falls, for two reasons. One, it's an incredible song that you can't help but whistle along to, and two, it's got so many hidden messages, both in the video that goes with it and in the music itself if you play certain parts backwards. And I'm a sucker for hidden messages.

Edit: Looked up, saw Tree was mostly referring to live action shows. Well... oops.
  • Ventus likes this

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:49 PM

Green Acres.

[/thread]

Am also partial to Sanford and Son.

#7 MarinaraSauce

MarinaraSauce

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 03:53 PM

I agree on the Teen Titans theme, but I'm also a big fan of Fringe's theme song, and I liked how they would occasionally change the video to it for special episodes.

#8 umbrello

umbrello

I am a hero

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 04:58 PM

Call me crazy... but I love the theme to the Nickelodeon show "Sam & Cat". It's just like those cheesy 80's sitcom themes. Actually, the show itself is kind of a parody of 80's sitcoms. I'm probably the only one that watches it, lol.

#9 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:47 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_V2sBURgUBI

#10 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:22 PM

Love the Seinfeld theme.  Love the Game of Thrones theme.  Great choices.

Here are some others I like:

#11 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 13 May 2014 - 08:09 PM

OMG, you just reminded me of Sealab 2021's existence. I loved that show as a kid, along with Space Ghost Coast to Coast.

#12 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

I totally agree with Game of Thrones and Dexter. Fringe was also mentioned, which is a show that has its ups and downs, but the theme was amazing. I also thought True Blood and True Detective had great intro sequences - they're both very similar in style and overall tone, but the two shows has absolutely nothing to do with each other. Rome and House of Cards also have some great themes, and funnily enough the two remind me of each other both stylistically and thematically, and even visual elements in both shows' intro sequences seems to mirror each other. It's a bit ironic, given the state of things. :P

Did anyone else notice these similarities though?

I'm sure there's some I've forgotten, but these are the ones that instantly comes to mind.

True Detective

True Blood

Rome

House of Cards

#13 Dawnlight

Dawnlight

My name is NOT Jason!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2014 - 08:07 AM

I'm also a big fan of the ending theme from Steins;Gate.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Television, Themes, Music, Groosebumps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users