• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 .TakaM

.TakaM

Junior

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 10:59 AM

The Image
The above is a bunch of crap Ive made in the past, I put the ALTTP stuff in there not as a showcase of skill but as an exercise in level design. The obvious ALTTP rips are obviously ALTTP rips, everything else is custom.

No ripping.

Also, I'm not asking for criticism, but if you have any go for it. this topic is more just a topic I can link to when some jerk assumes I don't know anything

EDIT by ShadowTiger: Holy Crap that was a big image. I wrote this topic for a reason. Read it over please.

#2 Tseng

Tseng

MMmmmmm Simpsonized

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:15 PM

Heh... alot of that is very nice... how long did it take to make?

#3 Spantac

Spantac

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 02:43 PM

Some pretty tiles you got there, .TakaM

#4 Mr. Pimpy

Mr. Pimpy

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:38 PM

Exerything's custom, huh? I see shrunken RPG Maker XP tiles in there. icon_razz.gif
Other than that lie, you suck. But the tiles are pretty nice. icon_smile.gif
Also, I'm not asking for criticism, but if you have any go for it. this topic is more just a topic I can link to when some jerk assumes I don't know anything

And that's the reason people dislike you and act like you know nothing. A sour, big-headed attitude turns nice art into ****. icon_confused.gif Take David Thany for example. He's one of the best digital/pixel artists I know personally and I've not once heard him talk like he's above others, or get mad at criticism. And that's why he's a role model for me.
(editted becuase I think that post was concidered an advertisement)

Edited by Sir Pimpalot, 01 February 2007 - 05:42 PM.

#5 Revfan9

Revfan9

Hero of Time

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2007 - 03:59 PM

TakaM, noone ever said you weren't a good pixel artist. People don't like you because of your personality.

#6 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 04:12 PM

Dude, TakaM. I... literally, I love those tiles. They remind me of storybook-like graphics. Seriously, those are awesome. I've always loved graphics like that; graphics that make the game look as if it came straight out of a book.

Frankly, I've got no complaints. I love that graphic style.

#7 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:45 PM

Well, that is awesome. I looked at your stuff before, so I know that you are talented. That is why I always listen to what you have to say because you are basically like PureZC's PrinceMSC. You know what you are talking about. However, not a lot of people see you that way, you basically have to earn the respect of the people and the posts that you post get people mad because they are not used to the harshness. I think people just need to lighten up and just realize that this is someone's opinion. And if you don't want any harsh opinions on a competition where you can expect to get some. Then when PMing Hero Link the shot, you need to have in bold letters: I don't want comments.

#8 Fire Wizzrobe

Fire Wizzrobe

Master

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:50 PM

I have my own Pixel Art gallery too. (Only two pieces though):

http://www.pixeljoin...?pg=1&sec=icons

TakaM, your tiles are amazing. I could really learn from you.

#9 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 05:55 PM

Very nice tiles. It looks like professional quality. I have nothing against that. It's just your sense of elitism that myself and many others dislike. You come here to bash our work, and it seems that it is all you ever do. You offer half assed, cocky tidbits that you call criticism, and expect us to bow down to you? Yeah, they're awesome, but the title of this topic is right. It's that simple. If you have nothing more to gain from this community other than a place to bash, then leave. Please. Do us a favor.

#10 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:00 PM

Wow. Just wow. Before the image was even finished loading I couldn't believe my eyes. That looks like stuff from a real video game. That is so awsome. I don't know how you could call that "Crap".

I really need to work on my pixel art.

Though I do sort of agree with the other people, you seem to have high standards of everyone. Not everybody can be professional.

Edited by Siguy, 01 February 2007 - 06:05 PM.

#11 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

Anthus, that post was boardline flaming and it is basically showing the outcome of this thread. I have to close it, because it doesn't seem anything good is coming out of it. But before I do:

2-3 years ago, SotW was shut down because people couldn't handle the comments that they were receiving. I believe there was no SotW for a couple of months. Well, I don't want to see SotW end up like that again. Remember when it was brought back, there was a new rule: If you don't want any harsh comments or any comments at all, then please post, "NO Comments" when PMing the picture. That way, people that don't want the opinions, don't have to get the opinions. So everyone needs to listen to the rules, and except it. I don't want any flaming or trolling coming out of this please!

*closed*

Edit: .TakaM wanted some last words to this as he never got to respond, so here they are:

Exerything's custom, huh? I see shrunken RPG Maker XP tiles in there. icon_razz.gif
Other than that lie, you suck. But the tiles are pretty nice. icon_smile.gif

as you accepted in PM, nothing is from rpgmaker, its all custom- just letting everyone else know.

TakaM, noone ever said you weren't a good pixel artist. People don't like you because of your personality.

many people have said it pretty much everytime they disagree with me here.

Very nice tiles. It looks like professional quality. I have nothing against that. It's just your sense of elitism that myself and many others dislike. You come here to bash our work, and it seems that it is all you ever do. You offer half assed, cocky tidbits that you call criticism, and expect us to bow down to you? Yeah, they're awesome, but the title of this topic is right. It's that simple. If you have nothing more to gain from this community other than a place to bash, then leave. Please. Do us a favor.

I don't come here to bash everyone's work, see this is just what Ive been talking about, encouraging others to disregard perfectly valid criticism.

and to everyone else, thanks for your compliments, much appreciated.

Edited by Shoelace, 02 February 2007 - 02:42 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users