Combo Cycling

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:12 AM

Is it possible to make something that goes back and forth over say 4 tiles via combo cycling? I thought it should be, but after trying to do it apparently it isn't (or I've overlooked something). I know I can make something which goes, say, from left to right, then reappears at the left and goes again. And I've done it. But can it go left to right, right to left etc. ?

Edited by Joe123, 27 August 2007 - 04:15 AM.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:32 AM

In the combo editor (roght click on the combo) there is a "next" text and a black box near it. Click the black box and choose a combo. Now, as soon as the animation of the first combo ends, it turns into the "Next combo". Right click on this "next combo" on the right side combo bar, click there the black box again and choose the first combo. So, now these combos are each other's "next" combos. As soon as the animation of one ends, the another starts. This is useful for reappearing damage combos (none when spikes are down, damage when spikes are up) and for many more. Combo cycling doesn't work on layers in 2.10!

However, what you said is possible without combocycling, too. Let's say you want an opening book which closes after it's opened. Say, you draw a 4 tile long animation of the opening, then a 4 tile long closing. This way, the book will open, close, open, close, open, close... infinitely.

#3 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 04:47 AM

thanks, but I grasped the basics some time ago. I'm trying to make an NPC that walk backwards and forwards across 4 tiles:

NXXX
XNXX
XXNX
XXXN
XXNX
XNXX
NXXX

A bit like this, where X is a normal tile and N is the NPC. I was trying to do it a bit wrong though I think, and I'm making progress with how to do it. Each tile needs to cycle round between the NPC, blank floor then itself returning, and before I was trying to be lazy and make it move along in such a way so the last tile cycles into the third, then the second, then the one with the NPC, which after some meddling I realised wasn't going to work.

Woooo I did it
It's quite a lot of effort though, especially without cycling on layers. Whyyyyy do they not cycle on layers icon_frown.gif

Edited by Joe123, 27 August 2007 - 04:53 AM.

#4 Evile

Evile

Dolphinslayer

• Members

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:56 PM

I think theres a quest rule that allows combo cycling on layers.

#5 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 27 August 2007 - 01:35 PM

^ Only in the 2.11/2.5 builds.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users