could someone help?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 linkootsp

linkootsp

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

Can I make moving platforms in 2.10? And If so how do I do it.

#2 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

Sorry. I dont think that's possible in 2.10. icon_sorry.gif I believe it can only be done in the 2.11 betas and the latest alpha builds.

Edited by Pokegamer1989, 12 August 2007 - 12:21 PM.

#3 linkootsp

linkootsp

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:16 PM

I just thought of something What If I use direct warps?

#4 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:21 PM

You can make moving platforms, but I have to warn you that it's exceptionally difficult. It would require using combo-cycling conveyor tiles that turn into pits or lava (whatever you had in mind), with some decent animation along the way. I considered them at one point for my quest, but promptly told myself it wouldn't be worth it. But of course, if you absolutely NEED moving platforms, there is a way to do it. icon_wink.gif

#5 linkootsp

linkootsp

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

Isn't there another way? icon_confused.gif

#6 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

Nope. Combo cycling is the only way in 2.10. In the later builds you can use freeform combos.

#7 linkootsp

linkootsp

Junior

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 07:20 PM

Never mind I think I found another way. If this works I'll start making a trick guide. someone test this.

Step 1: make as many screens as nescessary.
Step 2: use the screens in order from platform starting point to platform ending point
Step 3:trick done icon_slycool.gif

Edited by linkootsp, 12 August 2007 - 07:39 PM.

#8 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:38 PM

Hmmmm. That's really not a valid option because Link would be trapped when he got on.

i.e.

2 seconds ago: Link gets onto platform.

1 1/2 seconds ago: Warp Occurs

1 second ago: Link is stuck on a "pink tile" and cannot move until platform comes around again. icon_frown.gif

#9 linkootsp

linkootsp

Junior

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

Not If you trick the player by making a tile warp to another screen and placing it directly in front of the platforms . icon_slycool.gif and you have the exit warp you to an identical platform screen exept it would reverse and on the last platform screen you would have them warp to the first screen icon_lol.gif so basically they have cheap tricks. It is inconveniant and uses alot of screens. so Dont use it if you dont want to but If this works it will get the job done icon_unsettled.gif

Edited by linkootsp, 13 August 2007 - 10:50 AM.

#10 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 15 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

I suppose that would be possible, but remember that tile warps are literally that--tile warps. The movement of the platform would be very "blocky" since it can only update the image once every new tile stepped on. Also, the platforms would only move by Link's will but even with that he could not change directions en-route to either side.

Edited by nicklegends, 15 August 2007 - 10:48 AM.

#11 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

I would assume it would be easier to use combo cycling anyway, it's not that hard once you get the hang of it.

#12 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Aug 15 2007, 03:03 PM) View Post
I would assume it would be easier to use combo cycling anyway, it's not that hard once you get the hang of it.
But you'd have to have to use a combo cycle for EVERY SINGLE combo on the platform's path, and it eats up combo space.

#13 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:48 PM

Have you reached the end of your combo space? I know I have a couple of hundred pages left...

#14 Mitchfork

Mitchfork

no fun. not ever.

• Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Aug 15 2007, 04:48 PM) View Post
Have you reached the end of your combo space? I know I have a couple of hundred pages left...
No, not by a long shot, but I'm saving a lot of it for custom bosses (eight custom bosses easily equals... well, it just equals a lot) and cutscenes. I'm not going to waste that space to do moving platforms when I can accomplish the same purpose with a bridge.

#15 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 15 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

I don't imagine myself ever using 254 combo pages, when my list reaches 11 at the moment, encompassing 3 custom bosses. I am using rather basic graphics though. I'd easily have plenty of space for moving platforms. Which now I've got used to combo cycling, I might in fact use sometime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users