32 replies to this topic

#1 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:14 PM

I found this trailer:

https://www.youtube....h?v=NLS458ekSEI

This sounds pretty cool right? E3 2014 it is coming soon on Wii U in the end of 2014. This makes me want them to make a Zelda Maker! But this is still cool.

Edited by ZeldaPlayer, 06 September 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#2 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

Kind of old news, don't you think? But regardless...

In it's current alpha state, I don't like Mario Maker at all. I watched the treehouse panel on it and it all just feels so limiting...You have very few objects to work with and only a fixed horizontal stage to build in. You can't scroll up or down, link your levels with a map or use graphics from Super Mario World. And I know these are some oddly-specific complaints, but considering that free fangames like Super Mario Bros X already have all of these features, Nintendo really has their work cut out for them.

On the other hand, their demonstration of emergent gameplay was really interesting. Even though there aren't a lot of objects to work with, it's cool how you can combine them and they interact with each other. It's also nice that Nintendo is acknowledging that given the right tools, fans can create some interesting things. Even though I don't like this alpha version, I'll be interested to see where Mario Maker goes.

Edited by DragonDePlatino, 06 September 2014 - 03:43 PM.

#3 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

Perhaps Nintendo is taking the approach of thwarting hacks by making them unnecessary? Or they just wanted to (finally) make a Mario editor. Whatever the case, I gotta say this is pretty bomb.

It actually gives me an idea for a game where you HAVE to edit the levels (while playing) to beat them, but the ways you are able to edit are limited in some way, depending on the circumstance. Blocks that Matter kinda did that, and Minecraft and Terraria are all about that (except without goals), but not really in the way I'm thinking of.

#4 DragonDePlatino

DragonDePlatino

Pixel Dragon

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

Well, this actually isn't the first time Nintendo's made a level-designing game for the Mario series. The spinoff game "Mario vs. Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis" actually had a fantastic level editor. I played the heck out of it as a kid. And to this day, I'm still finding cool new ways to make challenging levels! And yes, it's possible to create levels that you edit as you play.

There's a retractable block mechanic in MDK2 where you can tap a row of blocks and store them. You can then place them in designated areas. There are even magnetic retractable blocks, fire-based ones that let you burn objects and a black one that lets you place bombs to destroy terrain. You should check the game out!

• MarinaraSauce likes this

#5 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

I was just telling news about the Mario Maker. But yeah I already tried Super Mario Bros X. The only reason I like Mario Maker is that you can also make New Super Mario Bros U Levels.  :)

#6 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

Actually it comes out in early 2015, not end of 2014, last I heard.

This makes me want them to make a Zelda Maker!

It's called ZC. :tard:

• Eddy and David like this

#7 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:07 PM

Actually it comes out in early 2015, not end of 2014, last I heard.

Oh oops. I am so bad at remembering stuff.

#8 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:16 AM

Yeah I remember seeing the Mario Maker trailer a while ago. It looks pretty exciting so far and I believe it'll be a fun little thing to mess around with. :D

#9 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

I remember Mario Maker at E3, sounds pretty cool and I'm kinda excited for it. I'm just hoping I can get a Wii U to even start using that lol.

#10 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:50 AM

Mario Maker seems cool. Maybe Joel could make a Mario DayDay in this?

• Eddy likes this

#11 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:24 AM

Mario Maker seems cool. Maybe Joel could make a Mario DayDay in this?

Let's pray for that not to happen.

• Orithan, coolgamer012345, ZeldaPlayer and 2 others like this

#12 ZeldaPlayer

ZeldaPlayer

What's up my playas

• Members

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:58 AM

Yes, please.

#13 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 07 September 2014 - 08:10 AM

You accidentally added the word "not".

• Eddy likes this

#14 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Wow. Finally, Nintendo makes an official Mario level customiser. Of course, excluding MvDK2, and SSBB, because they're not normal mario games.

As far as I see, SMBX is currently better, but We'll have to wait and see what Mario Maker brings us.

And,, hopefully we're not stuck with only SMB1 and NSMB graphics. I'd like to do some SMB3 or SMW as well. That would be cool.

#15 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

I noticed a lot of people mentioning SMBX. There's also Mario Builder, which has a LOT of content in it, and I personally feel is better than Mario Maker so far, but hey, I'm curious as to see what further development will bring.

Something I didn't mention already, I'm hoping we're able to make stages with vertical scrolling, because that would be so cool.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mario Maker, Mario, Wii U, Editor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users