Photo

Need testers for Dreams of Yesterday 2013.

• Please log in to reply
1041 replies to this topic

#616 corona

corona

• Members

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

Hey Shadowtiger, nice to see youre working on this now.

I finished DoY many years ago when Jman was working on it. Just the other day I decided to give it another playthrough.

I'm using the 2.50 quest from the dropbox link on your original post in conjunction with ZC 2.50 build 27.

I just got the first candle from mirage, and I cannot use it. I select it, press the button, nothing happens. Doesnt matter which screen im on or whether im next to a lamp or bush, cannot use the candle. This must be a bug. I also noticed that in shops magic meter refills are purchasable but I dont recall the magic meter ever being part of the game. Does the candle now require magic to use? I can't seem to get it to work, any help is appreciated, thanks.

#617 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 07:47 AM

Aack.  I don't feel like I ever made it use magic, (I'm not sure what would drive me to make it do so. :blink: )  but if I did, there should be quite a few magic containers available.  In fact, doesn't the player start with one?

When I get home I'll take a look.   Can you do me a favor and show me the page where you got the version of ZC that you're using?  I want to try it in that version.  I'm possibly a little bit behind in my ZC versionology (Made up that word.  Need a T-Shirt of it now.)  so testing it in the version that you're using would be lovely.  Thanks very much.   Er, again, just so we're on the same page, if you link directly to the zip file, I won't know where it's found.  Copy and paste the exact phrasing of the link you downloaded it from, and the page URL as well, please.  So that's two things to copy and paste.  I do very much appreciate it.  I don't want to have you wait more than you have to. :)

• vravelo likes this

#618 corona

corona

• Members

Posted 25 March 2016 - 04:31 PM

Thanks for your prompt reply, ShadowTiger.

The ZC build was obtained from: http://www.purezc.ne...showtopic=64538- obviously the windows link in the first post.

I loaded the same save file with the latest build of ZC (obtained at zeldaclassic.com/downloads) and the candle still did not work. I did try buying some magic from a shop, candle still never worked. Very strange indeed.

Let me know what can be done, and thank you so much for your timely responses and work on our behalf.

#619 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 05:18 AM

That's odd. I just tested the candle and it works just fine, as long as you have some a magic container. The Owl in the extreme north-east of the overworld should have given you one. Did you visit it?

If not, there's another Magic Container available relatively early on in the game after you can access Dreamworld. Get a Super bomb from the goriya merchant (Go west four screens from entering the Old woman's (In Pulcheria) dream entrance.)

Then once you have a Super bomb, go into the nothern-central parts of the overworld, through a series of caves. Specifically, screen 04; not that they're labeled with coordinates or anything.

#620 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:20 AM

Yeah, definitely not gonna recognize this quest whenever I get around to this.  So much has changed over time.  Kind of waiting for the final version to come out before doing testing

• ShadowTiger likes this

#621 corona

corona

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 08:41 AM

Well, that was quite the surprise. 

I had skipped the owl altogether as I had previously completed this quest and the owl only served to tell you how to get out of the forest. Having known that already, I didn't even see him, and did not get the magic bottle.

That solves my issue, thanks for clarifying this ShadowTiger. I'm sure I'll have more questions as I continue my playthrough, thanks for your help.

• ShadowTiger likes this

#622 corona

corona

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:05 PM

In the queen ghoma fight (train station boss) the telepad is always active, so you can step on the pad while still fighting and it'll bring you outside the station and give you the cut scene as though you killed the boss, but didnt. You do not get a crystal by doing this.

Makes for a frustrating fight as you have to avoid half the train to try and not step on the tele out.

#623 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:29 PM

I know. What if the player runs out of arrows? It spawns keese the drop arrows, but they're nasty to fight. Not really sure if there's an ideal solution to that.

#624 corona

corona

• Members

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:07 PM

The flooded caves (in the marsh), which I recall leads to subrosia, doesnt seem to do so. Perhaps I'm missing something but there should be some stairs down in a superbomb location. I found a sand tile that looks weird above and to the left of the top chest. I superbombed it, nothing. 

Is this a bug or am I not proceeding correctly?

Im entering deku tree but I really ought to have had the next sword by now.

Thanks.

#625 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:47 AM

Ah, I'm glad that you asked.  It was at one point (Not just one point, actually. :P ) possible to bypass the entire logical progression of hunting for clues as to Subrosia's whereabouts and just head directly there.  Now you actually have to hunt down the chain of NPCs that leads to it before the actual secret flag will appear.

Spoiler

Do you have the L3 Sword?  You can get that fairly easily, if I recall correctly. 

Spoiler

For the Blue Armor,

Spoiler

For the Red Armor,

Spoiler

#626 pixcalibur

pixcalibur

Warrior

• Members

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

Lol, much different from before where I'd just swipe up the gold armor I think even before going into level 3, pretty much breaking everything.  Now I think you have to do a lot more work to get down there.

Oh, and can you carry more than one of those amulet (bait) items?  Very annoying to have to go back and forth each time.  I know Randomizer Outlands and Alpha let you carry up to 9 baits at a time.

Is the link on the very first page the most updated quest file?  May have to get around to testing at some point.

#627 corona

corona

• Members

Posted 07 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

Yeah the largest change for this quest so far is that you can no longer get golden armor at ~3 or 4 relics (there were tricks to getting it so early).

I dont even remember where to begin in terms of hunting for subrosia then. Any clues? Thanks.

#628 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:32 PM

You can indeed get more than one relic now, thanks to a script from Ranagus.  He also provided the script that made the Deku Tree dungeon work.  Bless his heart.

To look for the Subrosian that gives the clue to Subrosia's whereabouts, start from the highest point in Hyrule and drop your way down.

#629 Epsalon ZX

Epsalon ZX

Dragon Of Wind

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 February 2017 - 09:07 AM

I recently found a let's play for this on youtube, and I'd like to give it a try myself. However all of the download links I see don't work. Is there any chance you can reupload a recent version?

#630 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:15 PM

You can indeed get more than one relic now, thanks to a script from Ranagus.  He also provided the script that made the Deku Tree dungeon work.  Bless his heart.

To look for the Subrosian that gives the clue to Subrosia's whereabouts, start from the highest point in Hyrule and drop your way down.

Shgadow"' my old friend!! how glad talking to you!! :bounce:    yes!! I'm gonna play this again,  would like some link where to get it I got a broken computer on the closet with one copy of the quest, but it may no work!!  thanks

Would like to see any of my old friends here,, lukaz --snoop -artistic -cosmofield - etc  etc

Edited by vravelo, 12 February 2017 - 01:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users