Photo

Texas Flooding

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Sprotret

Sprotret

What do you mean I don't believe in god?

• Banned

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:34 PM

I was watching TV and one of those beeping messages that pop up and say "Bla bla bla, some kid has been ubducted, bla bla" well it just popped up a couple minutes ago about flooding somewhere in Texas, I wish I has listened. Anyone know what happening or something?

#2 LinktheMaster

LinktheMaster

Hey Listen, Kid

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:21 AM

CNN Story

It's a really big one that apparently is happening faster than normal floods. Two teens were caught in a car and had to be rescued, and a boy died from falling into a creek. icon_unsettled.gif The worst part is that it sounds like there's more to come. Hopefully there won't be any more deaths.

But... while Texas is in a flood, Georgia, Tennessee, and even Kentucky, where I live, are having droughts. icon_unsettled.gif But, that's just the way things are, I guess.

#3 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 11:35 AM

Yeah, we've been getting more rain than usual, and it's causing floods left and right. Even when it's bright as hell one hour, the next hour, it's raining like if you were in a Rain Forest. It's getting annoying because I need to mow my yard, and I can't due to the rain, and it's easy to get a lawnmower stuck in the mud due to the rain.

#4 Sprotret

Sprotret

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, today I was passing by White Rock Lake, and I was surprised how much the water level had risen.

A 13-year-old boy died in the Dallas suburb of Garland Tuesday night after being washed down a flooded creek, police spokesman Joe Harn said. The boy was swept away when firefighters using ropes tried to pull him ashore from a bridge pillar where he was stranded. He was found a mile downstream about two hours later, Harn said.

Holy, ****! I live five minutes away from Garland, I hope I didn't know that kid. >>

Edited by Spiro, 27 June 2007 - 01:49 PM.

#5 Daniel

Daniel

v My Godess

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:55 PM

We have been getting lots of flooding here, in the Houston area. all three of our ponds are overflowing all over the rest of the back field. While I don't mind rain normally we are getting far too much. But since we live out in the woods it does not really flood due to all the creeks taking the water away.

QUOTE(LinktheMaster @ Jun 27 2007, 11:21 AM) View Post

But... while Texas is in a flood, Georgia, Tennessee, and even Kentucky, where I live, are having droughts. icon_unsettled.gif But, that's just the way things are, I guess.

Yeah, people with cattle and horses (like us) suffer badly from droughts. Last year we barely got any rain so prices of round bales of hay were over a hundred dollars. A round bale of hay only lasts a week. >_>

No rain = no grass = not as many cuttings of hay = less hay = shortage of hay = huge price spike.

#6 The_Amaster

The_Amaster

Recipient of Ways

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:06 PM

The weather has just been srewy lately, and I when I say lately, I mean the last few months/years. Katrina, the tsunami, other misc. disasters, and now this. I worry sometimes, I really do...

#7 Solarrain4

Solarrain4

The Blurred Line In-Between

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:07 PM

We had, like, three major floods in the past two years up here in New Hampshire. I don't know what's going on, seriously.

#8 Sprotret

Sprotret

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:08 PM

Global Warming probably has a major role in these weather patterns.

Edited by Spiro, 27 June 2007 - 10:17 PM.

#9 Takuya

Takuya

spirit of fire

• Members

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:13 PM

I think you mean Global Warming, where the Earth heats up due to extra CO2 and the like, in the atmosphere. Solar Warming is what happens every day as light from our Sun hits heavenly bodies.

#10 Sprotret

Sprotret

• Banned

Posted 27 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

Dude, why the hell did I say Solar? WTF.

#11 Koopa

Koopa

The child behind the turtle

• Members

Posted 28 June 2007 - 07:06 AM

England has some terrible floods right now too - Sheffield is practically under water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users