I'm not dreaming anymore.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 NineLives

NineLives

Boom. Zoom. Dakota.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:21 PM

Well, I don't remember dreaming ever since the end of school.
When I sleep, I don't really dream. It's all black.
So I wake up, never even had the thought that I dreamed, and I always do.

I think something is wrong with me.
DO I NOT EXIST ANYMORE?

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:34 PM

You always dream, but not always remember.
Number of dreams and chance for remembering can be increased with these things:
1. Don't stay up long at nights.
2. Don't wake up early, unless you are completely refreshed.
3. Don't overexhaust yourself.
4. Don't place too much mirrors in your room.
5. Don't lock your room completely.
6. Don't have materialist view on things, especially not on dreams.
7. Do mystical things sometimes. Occult goodies.
8. Do half-mistical things sometimes. Astrology, Feng Shui, etc.
9. Daydream some.

Also, maybe you have something important spiritual thing to do, or you made some mistake or you THINK that you made a mistake and punish yourself with no dreams, also can be you had some big shock.

#3 jimbob

jimbob

Accepting that no-one will get my avatar.

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:50 PM

Exactly what CastChaos says. You're just not remembering your dreams.

When at school, you would have had a lot more processing going through your brain, therefore youre dreams would have been more "intense", and so you are more likely to wake up halfway through a dream.

Don't worry, you're perfectly alright! If you really don't dream at all any more, you probably wouldn't be conscious right now.

Edited by jimbob, 17 June 2007 - 04:52 PM.

#4 Elemental

Elemental

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:15 PM

What would mirrors do?

#5 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE(Elemental @ Jun 18 2007, 04:15 AM) View Post

What would mirrors do?

Experiments showed that people sleeping in mirror filled rooms sleep not so well like in a mirrorless room. Some say that it's because dreams generated when the soul leaves the body and goes on a trip. But when the soul sees itself in a mirror, becomes shocked and goes back to the body, resulting no dreams or even nightmares.
Plus, the ancient occult says that "ghosts live in mirrors". It can be coincidence that some scientists found that tampering with mirrors and cameras can open a gate to the dimension of ghosts.
If you don't believe, stack your room with mirrors and see how you sleep.
Also, a book said that it's not good to have mirrors in the bedroom, because waking up and looking into a mirror can cause a shock! icon_lol.gif

#6 Elemental

Elemental

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

creepy...

#7 Bonegolem

Bonegolem

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:34 PM

Sorry NineLives, but your life isn't the intro to some anime. >:P

#8 FireSeraphim

FireSeraphim

Behold the might of legend!

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

Don't beleive anything Bonegolum says

for three good reason

1.He make inaproprite and rude comments 4 outta 10 times.

2.if you read his recent shoutout in the shoutbox.Then you

realize that he has no respect toward other Purezc members

3.because he hate Oklahoma and he hate Will Rogers the

Oklahoman Talk Show Host and Comedian

#9 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

Yup. You're just not remembering them. Quite often I shall have dreams that I won't remember until a few days after I have them, and then I'll be like "Oh yeah..." Don't worry, I went through a stage of not remembering any dreams at all, but it was only for about a month or so. You'll be dreaming again soon icon_wink.gif

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jun 17 2007, 10:34 PM) View Post
You always dream, but not always remember.
Number of dreams and chance for remembering can be increased with these things:
1. Don't stay up long at nights.
2. Don't wake up early, unless you are completely refreshed.
3. Don't overexhaust yourself.
4. Don't place too much mirrors in your room.
5. Don't lock your room completely.
6. Don't have materialist view on things, especially not on dreams.
7. Do mystical things sometimes. Occult goodies.
8. Do half-mistical things sometimes. Astrology, Feng Shui, etc.
9. Daydream some.

Also, maybe you have something important spiritual thing to do, or you made some mistake or you THINK that you made a mistake and punish yourself with no dreams, also can be you had some big shock.

Hmm. Things at church have never helped me sleep icon_eek.gif .

When at school, you would have had a lot more processing going through your brain, therefore youre dreams would have been more "intense", and so you are more likely to wake up halfway through a dream.

Having dreams while awake? What?

#10 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:33 PM

chronocosmic, it'd be nice if you could stay on topic, rather than trashtalking other members. Bonegolem, that goes for you too.

... Anyway, ...

I find that at least 10% of the dreams that I have tend to revolve around some sort of life-related activity. For example, I often dream of what classes I'm taking next semester are going to be like; I'd dream of walking into school, finding the classroom, sitting down, and seeing my new professor start to lecture about the class and such. The classroom would generally be in anywhere from a dark, heavily carpeted hallway-like lecture hall, (With the lectern at the wide end rather than the long end for some reason.) or an art workshop for a non-art class, etc.

Perhaps change your sleeping schedule? Try to get either 3, 6, or 9 hours of sleep. I heard somewhere that the standard sleep cycle is three hours, then you start again into another three-hour cycle.

#11 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ Jun 18 2007, 09:33 PM) View Post
chronocosmic, it'd be nice if you could stay on topic, rather than trashtalking other members. Bonegolem, that goes for you too.

... Anyway, ...

I find that at least 10% of the dreams that I have tend to revolve around some sort of life-related activity. For example, I often dream of what classes I'm taking next semester are going to be like; I'd dream of walking into school, finding the classroom, sitting down, and seeing my new professor start to lecture about the class and such. The classroom would generally be in anywhere from a dark, heavily carpeted hallway-like lecture hall, (With the lectern at the wide end rather than the long end for some reason.) or an art workshop for a non-art class, etc.

Perhaps change your sleeping schedule? Try to get either 3, 6, or 9 hours of sleep. I heard somewhere that the standard sleep cycle is three hours, then you start again into another three-hour cycle.

I try to get at least 8-10 hours of sleep every night, though I must say I'm not always successfull...

#12 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ Jun 18 2007, 03:03 AM) View Post

Experiments showed that people sleeping in mirror filled rooms sleep not so well like in a mirrorless room. Some say that it's because dreams generated when the soul leaves the body and goes on a trip. But when the soul sees itself in a mirror, becomes shocked and goes back to the body, resulting no dreams or even nightmares.
Plus, the ancient occult says that "ghosts live in mirrors". It can be coincidence that some scientists found that tampering with mirrors and cameras can open a gate to the dimension of ghosts.

That's all entirely ridiculous, you know that?

#13 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:48 PM

I'm definitely not either, and my results vary. I'm sure it can be applicable to everyone, my experiences, (As we are but humans; one and the same, are we not? icon_wink.gif ) but I tend to automatically wake up after either nine or ten hours of sleep, and also automatically (Though quite reluctantly.) when I'm supposed to get up, either a few minutes before the alarm sounds, or half an hour before it sounds. I'm also not usually sleepy at all until past midnight, when it's easier to sleep. Sleep generally comes in five to six hour batches on schooldays, and six to nine or ten hour batches (Whatever a batch is.) elsewhen.

QUOTE(Sharon)
That's all entirely ridiculous, you know that?
It's almost difficult to tell if it was 100% sarcasm or not. icon_worried.gif

#14 RyanBlazeheart

RyanBlazeheart

Happy Traveling Charizard

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:27 PM

I heard that if you weren't dreaming then you'd be dead.

#15 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 18 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

I haven't remembered a many of my dreams for a long time, so when I do remember a dream in waking, it sticks rather than fades away from memory. I usually find meaning in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users