selecting combos on the screen

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:05 AM

the way i'm doing it now (which is very tedious) is right-clicking on the combo i want to select > select combo. is there a hotkey for the same feature? thanks in advance.

#2 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 11:23 AM

If you're working in the later betas, you can Right-click on those combos, and choose "Scroll to combo" which will show you its position on the combo page, to be able to select nearby combos as well, since the combo page is now showing that combo and its neighbors, which I'd assume are similar enough to the combo that you're working with.

#3 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE(Akkabus @ Jun 3 2007, 11:05 AM) View Post

the way i'm doing it now (which is very tedious) is right-clicking on the combo i want to select > select combo. is there a hotkey for the same feature? thanks in advance.

No, because it requires some sort of click, and left clicking places the currently selected combo on the screen, and right-clicking brings up a context menu, like every other program out there. It needs a click though, to know which combo you really want. While it may be tedious, it works. icon_razz.gif

#4 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

Are you saying you don't know how to scroll through the combo list? Hold Shift and press Page Up or Page Down. I hope that's what you're asking. icon_shrug.gif

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 02:44 PM

If that's the case, in ZQuest, go to Etc -> Options -> (Top Option) "Mouse Scroll" and check that.

#6 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 03 June 2007 - 03:38 PM

I advise against that method, because it can cause the combos to scroll when you don't want them to.

#7 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:54 PM

If you have ZC in a window, and you scroll off the screen and lose focus on ZQuest, yes, it'll do that. Or, you can hold Shift and press up or down, or hold ctrl and pageup or pagedownto scroll a whole page at a time, or alt, I think.

#8 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:49 PM

oh ok, sephiroth pretty much answered my question. i thought maybe there was some way to hover over a combo on the screen and then press a key to select it.

#9 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:01 PM

It's a Good Idea. Let's hope something comes of it. Thanks for bringing it up, Akkabus. icon_smile.gif

#10 Sharon Daniel

Sharon Daniel

• Banned

Posted 03 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

Ugh. I hope not. The developers need less good ideas right now because nothing they add is ever complete or perfected. icon_sweat.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users