A fourth Goddess Spell

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Majora

Majora

Unironic Marxist-Leninist

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 04:38 PM

Din represents fire; Farore gets wind; Nayru water (as far as I'm concerned; but I need an earth one. So, is anyone willing to script for me (a ZASM Item Script, or ZScript, which ever is easier/more efficient) a fourth goddess spell? Basically, it makes damage FFC's apear on the ground that damage enemies. What it SHOULD look like to the player is a bunch of rock spikes raising from the ground at randomly determined places (a maximum of 25 spikes and no less than 18) As for the damage, that should be editable.

If possible, the spikes should turn solid (link can't walk on them). Otherwise, they just disappear, or go back "under ground".

I think this should be enough info, but if you need more, say the word.

Please and thank you.

#2 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:18 PM

Ooh, that really does sound like a cool item. Is there a script database on PureZC? I'd like to use that item!

Edited by LostInHyru1e, 21 August 2007 - 05:19 PM.

#3 Alestance

Alestance

Saint Alestance - Eliminator of the ZGP format

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:34 PM

I'm wondering if your spell matches. Consider this. There is one attack spell, one defense spell, one teleport spell. Gaia's spell shouldn't be an attack spell, if you ask me. I'm just saying my opinion, however if you were to name it, I'd put it Gaia's Fury.

#4 Majora

Majora

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

icon_eek.gif That is indeed the name of the 4th goddess in my quest. Have you read my quest page?!

Also, that name is indeed spot on. Also, Some more info:

All enemies are stunned if a spike does not hit them. Also, I would prefer the spikes to be 2x1. If it's not possible or too tricky, single-combo sized spikes will suffice.

Edited by Majora, 21 August 2007 - 05:39 PM.

#5 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:38 PM

Yes I've read the quest page. and I was planing a spoof on your idea icon_lol.gif

#6 Beefster

Beefster

Human Being

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 07:31 PM

Maybe there should be rocks encircling you for 30 seconds that block enemies and shoot out spikes every other second.

It can't be that hard. Sounds like a fun usage for Sine and Cosine.

#7 Majora

Majora

• Members

Posted 21 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

Heh... to combine the effects of the other 3 spells, Gaia's Fury (in theory) could (from a perspective of real life, "translated" in ZC):

Form a shield (dome) of rock around you, the dome grows spikes, and they shoot outward. Meanwhile, under said dome, the earth "swallows" Link, and moves him to another location on the same screen, where a wall of rock forms as he surfaces. By the end, the screen should look like it did pre-spell effect.

Attack, defense, AND (tele)transportation.

Merely a theory, I doubt it is possible, even WITH scripting. However, I would prefer a simple stunning quake, affecting the whole screen, excluding air-born enemies and water enemies, where random spikes of rock rise from the ground impaling any enemy they go through. If possible, the spikes become solid (the FFC's stayign where they are, turning the combo they are on into a predefined combo that is solid)

#8 Alestance

Alestance

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:10 PM

but wouldn't it suck if you got Gaia's Fury and it let you teleport to an area where you aren't supposed to be yet?

#9 Majora

Majora

• Members

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:20 PM

Good point. Anyway, think you can script me up my original Idea? (Stunning Quake screen-wide, followed by MASS IMAPLING with rock spikes.)

#10 Majora

Majora

• Members

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:48 AM

DID THIS DIE?! D:

#11 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:26 PM

I like your ideas, and i would script them, but the only problem is...i cant script icon_razz.gif

there is someone who might be able to do that. icon_thumbsup.gif

im pretty sure his Pure name is Joe123, his avatar says RAGE on it. i've seen a couple pieces of his work, and i think he's really good. (nevermind the police description there, just trying to help.)

#12 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:23 PM

Me?!
You're recommending me to script this?!

I appreciate your enthusiasm about what I've done recently, but I don't really know how capable I'd be of something like this...

There are plenty of other scripters around that are a lot better than I am, C-Dawg, Matthew, Gleeok, ShadowMancer, Beefster...

I supposed I could try looking at something like this, but I don't know that I'd be able to do it.

If you tell me exactly what you want it to do, I'll tell you I can't do it icon_razz.gif

Or at least, I'll tell you which parts I think might be possible to be done.

#13 Majora

Majora

• Members

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Nov 3 2007, 02:23 PM) View Post

Me?!
You're recommending me to script this?!

I appreciate your enthusiasm about what I've done recently, but I don't really know how capable I'd be of something like this...

There are plenty of other scripters around that are a lot better than I am, C-Dawg(too busy with Zodiac and would probably tell me to script it myself), Matthew(Something tells me he won't do it either), Gleeok(I'll try him), ShadowMancer(He's done enough for me already), Beefster(I'll try him too)...

I supposed I could try looking at something like this, but I don't know that I'd be able to do it.

If you tell me exactly what you want it to do, I'll tell you I can't do it icon_razz.gif

Or at least, I'll tell you which parts I think might be possible to be done.

I'll edit this post later with a thorough description of what I want.

#14 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

The problem...well Problems with this:

ZC NEEDS A WEAPON DAMAGE DETECTION SCRIPT THAT'S EASY TO USE. Currently one does not exist.

SOMEONE NEEDS TO MAKE ONE! I have tried. It crashed many, many times. There was no good reason either. It SHOULD of worked. ShadowMancer knows this pain also.

25 ffc's??? Well then say goodbye to ffc bosses, ffc items, etc. If you use 10 (that's more than reasonable) you'll still have 22 left for other things. fyi, I have a scripted boss that uses ffc 1-24. ffc slots are precious.

An Item that summons earth spikes on the screen: That's easy. Making them damage any enemy? Not so easy. So there's the story. Once someone very talented at scripting (like a zc dev) comes along and makes that, then all these requests will be looked at. Untill then, we're all screwed.

I could make this, but it would be way too much work and wouldn't be useful for anything else. We need an all-purpose damage script.

#15 C-Dawg

C-Dawg

Magus

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

Oh stop complaining, Gleeok.

(1) Making FFCs damage enemies is no big deal. You check each enemy on the screen each frame. If it's closer than, say, 8 pixels to a given ffc, set a variable and save a pointer to that enemy. Check out my weapon script for details on this. Then, use the pointer and a counter to flash the enemy and move it away.

(2) You don't need to use up very many FFCs. I assume your spikes will thrust in and out of the ground rapidly, right? So just use three FFCs and recycle them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users