Noob question

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

I'm new with zquest. I created a guy room with the wooden sword. Works perfect, I picked the sword in ZC... but the sword doesn't appear in my menu and I can't use it.

I know is something pretty basic, I'm apologize in advance >.< But I can't figure what I'm doing wrong.

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

Okay, there's a whole lot of explanations for why this could be happening, but I think I know one in particular. There's a quest rule called "Can Select A Button item" or something like that, that basically lets you choose an item for the A and B button, instead of having the sword permanently stuck to the A button. If you have that checked, the sword has to actually be placed in the subscreen, via the subscreen editor, to be useable. You can either uncheck the rule or edit the subscreen to fix the problem.

Good luck with your quest!

#3 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Also, the default template has subscreens that display the sword as a selectable item (these subscreens have B+A in their names). So go the DMap Editor->Appearance, and you'll see some active and passive subscreens options. Then click on the drop-down box to open up a drop-down menu, and make sure you choose a B+A subscreen from the drop-down menu.

#4 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

Fixed, thanks to both. I will be bothering more the next days, I hope.  :slycool:

#5 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:44 AM

I don't know if they're still being bundled with ZC (I think not, unfortunately), but looking at the unpassworded example 1st and 2nd quests in ZC is a great way to learn how everything is done, at least as far as classic style goes.

#6 Legen Dary

Legen Dary

Freak Scene

• Members

Posted 25 May 2013 - 06:16 AM

Spain will end winning in ZC too.

Be prepared to hate us, like everyone else.

Spoiler

#7 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

I made some dark rooms in zquest, but the rooms (and sprites) don't get REALLY dark. Advices? 

There are certain combos that aren't affected.

Edited by Air Luigi, 27 May 2013 - 07:13 PM.

#8 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Which Tileset are you using? Dark rooms I believe should only effect combos that are in the Palette dependent CSets (CSets 1 & 2). 

Also, this wiki may prove useful too - http://shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Main_Page

#9 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

shadowfall's origin tileset. I checked all the tutorials and tried to play with the cset, but no luck. The doors and the spikes are the more problematic.

#10 XMSB

XMSB

Furry Friends Furever

• Members

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:25 PM

Which Tileset are you using? Dark rooms I believe should only effect combos that are in the Palette dependent CSets (CSets 1 & 2). 

Also, this wiki may prove useful too - http://shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Main_Page

Actually, CSet 1 is not affected by dark rooms, but CSet 2 is. The other three palette dependent CSets affected by dark rooms are CSets 3, 4, and 9.

Edited by XMuppetSB, 27 May 2013 - 09:26 PM.

#11 Jamian

Jamian

ZC enthusiast

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 05:18 AM

Be aware the Origins tileset is very difficult to use (even though it looks simple at first glance). There are also many 8-bit tiles in this tileset, which probably may cause this kind of issue with csets.

#12 LTTP

LTTP

LTTP

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:41 AM

I started with a really hard tileset (DoR...) and I turned out fine Jamian :3
Just put some time and effort into understanding how it works!
Like that dark room issue.

#13 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:27 PM

Be aware the Origins tileset is very difficult to use (even though it looks simple at first glance). There are also many 8-bit tiles in this tileset, which probably may cause this kind of issue with csets.

I just wanted to try a bit with a different tileset. It is a very disorganized tileset xD At the end, I deleted the spikes from dark rooms, and changed it for water.

#14 HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon

Magus

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Actually, CSet 1 is not affected by dark rooms, but CSet 2 is. The other three palette dependent CSets affected by dark rooms are CSets 3, 4, and 9.

Ah okay, my bad. I was thinking of 2 & 3 originally. Put 1 there by mistake. Although 9 doesn't seem to be affected in PTUX when I test it.

#15 Air Luigi

Air Luigi

Tio guachi

• Members

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

I made a room with various triggers and flags, and I wanted that the chest (flag 16) only appears when I pressed all the triggers ... but when I press one, the chest appears. Maybe do I need to use some special flag?

Edited by Air Luigi, 28 May 2013 - 04:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users