• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:31 AM

Case solved!

Edited by ShadowPC, 30 March 2012 - 09:35 AM.

#2 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

You can use + and - to change current CSets within the current level palette, try some different for a good color.

And for the other; did you place the inbuilt warp (the blue square) on a position of the screen? Else it will make link appear in the position 0,0

#3 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 10:13 AM

Make sure the warp type isn't set to Cave/Item Cellar. That overrides the destination and in the case of the item cellar it puts you in the top-left corner.

#4 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:11 AM

The warp is Entrance/exit. Also i have the blue squares all on same place (A B C D). And what is a level palette?

#5 Supindahood

Supindahood

Wizard

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:17 AM

Level palette is the color palette used by screens (F4) and dmaps (appearance, I think). Using + and - will change your combos to another Cset (colorset) from the palette.

#6 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

Ahh that cleared things. I knew the + - switch, but i first didnt understand what u meant. Thanks. The color thing is cleared now.

#7 Lightwulf

Lightwulf

Master

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

QUOTE(Gonken @ Mar 28 2012, 09:49 AM) View Post

And for the other; did you place the inbuilt warp (the blue square) on a position of the screen? Else it will make link appear in the position 0,0

QUOTE(ShadowPC @ Mar 28 2012, 11:11 AM) View Post

The warp is Entrance/exit. Also i have the blue squares all on same place (A B C D). ...

First of all, welcome to PureZC!

(Thanks, Gonken. I was wondering what the blue square was called.)

ShadowPC, make sure that you have the inbuilt warp set on both screens: on the initial screen (for where you want Link to return) and on the screen you warp to (on the screen you say he appears in the upper-left corner).

#8 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:54 PM

The type of cave is not correct. Even if all blue squares are in the right spot, and you choose tile warp "A". If the cave is tile warp b, c, or d. It will warp b, c, or d. And it appears one of those is a "passageway" type warp. Right click on the cave you are stepping on, than click edit tile, and see exactly which warp that particular cave is triggering.

#9 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:38 PM

Oh, i am forgetting to tell things...

Yeah, i have a inbuilt warp at the screen which warps from. Also the cave triggers the a warp. I dont see anything wrong. icon_mad.gif

Edited by ShadowPC, 28 March 2012 - 11:40 PM.

#10 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:42 PM

The screen you're warping to needs to have the warp destination. Of course, the screen you're warping from also needs one if you warp back to it.

#11 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:43 PM

Both have.

#12 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 28 March 2012 - 11:59 PM

Okay... did you make sure the letter (A-D) of the warp destination chosen in the Tile Warp dialogue matches that of the "blue box" destination you placed?

#13 TheLegend_njf

TheLegend_njf

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 04:12 AM

He's said he tried every blue square, so no matter which one he chooses it should warp him to the desired destination.

That is of course, which I refer back to my previous statement, his "combo tile", be it cave, stairs, or whatever triggering the wrong warp, therefore he is triggering warp b, c, or d when he is wanting to tigger warp A. No matter what he does in "tile warp A" he's going to get an undesired result because he is triggering that wrong warp.

Assuming his dmap is set to NES DUNGEON, the default warp would lead you to the top left corner of the bottom left screen. This is what I believe is happening to him, but I can't quite explain it well. Do you understand what I'm trying to say Moscow? Lol

Maybe you can explain it better than I can.

#14 NoeL

NoeL

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 05:20 AM

Make sure you've set up the Tile Warp and not the Side Warp. Also, make sure you're setting the CORRECT tile warp (if your stairs/cave/whatever combo says "warp A", make sure you set Tile Warp A to entrance/exit, pointing to the correct dmap (that's "dmap", not "map"), correct screen, and that you have the Warp A return point (i.e. the blue square) set to the right place (and do all that in reverse if you're going to make a warp back to the initial screen)).

EDIT: Also, is there any reason you're using dmap 200? If you're just creating dmaps for each area on the fly, that seems like an excessively large number (unless you have a large quest, which I doubt since you haven't got warps working). If you didn't know, "dmaps" (or "dungeon maps") refer to each "area" of your quest (for example, the main overworld would be one dmap, and each dungeon would be their own dmap). Are your guy and string appearing? If not, make sure they're set on the screen you're warping to (not from), and the dmap of the screen you're warping to doesn't have its type set to "overworld" (it has to be a dungeon or cave for the guys to appear on screen).

Edited by NoeL, 29 March 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#15 ShadowPC

ShadowPC

Where is ma hearts?

• Members

Posted 29 March 2012 - 07:18 AM

I dont know. I just set it to some large number over zero when i didnt know much yet. But that is changed to 11. Also, the dmap is a interior. I have tried al what you said (i think). *sigh*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users