• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 06 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

There is a cutscene that warps you after it's over. But, I want it to completely be gone, and never come back. I also want a warp to disappear from the room before it.

How can I do this?

#2 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

In zquest click initializing data. Go to the options where you select where you start. Set the cut scene map as the start location. Go to dmaps make sure you have the screen you'll start on set up for the cut scene, don't check continue here though. Now go to the dmap options for the dmap you'll warp to from the cut scene, and make sure the screen you'll start on that map is set up. Check continue here as well.

Once your cutscene warps you, and you save your game, you'll start on the map you warped to and never the cut scene map. Now the cut scene is tucked away nicely on a map that wont be used by the player. They also can't get back to the cut scene unless you let them by warping from somewhere.

As for making a warp disappear, just use identical screens to give the illusion that a warp is gone. If you are not using this cut scene at the start of your game, then It's pretty much the same concept expect you don't set the init start location. And you use identical screens with the cut scene gone from it, as well as the warp. You can give the illusion that things are gone easily. Also if after you leave the screen with that warp on it and you don't leave a building, just set scroll warps to warp you to an identical map without it looking like you warped. Use these in combination with side warps for warping when you walk to the edge of a screen, or tile warps for tile warping.

You'd be surprised what you can do with warps and identical screens.

If I want link to go to an identical screen when I walk down to a door in my dungeon, I use the side warp option with scrolling warp checked. You can't even tell your being warped at all. I've use this identical screen method with this scrolling warp method to make NPC's talk without scripts. And objects say things. icon_razz.gif

Edited by Franky, 06 June 2011 - 01:06 PM.

#3 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:07 PM

This sounds like a LOT of work, is there any other way? icon_frown.gif

#4 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:11 PM

It's not allot of work, I just explain thing's messed up lol

Do you warp back to the room with that warp in it, from the cut scene? If so just make an identical screen with the warp gone. And have the cut scene screen warp you to that when it's over. Or a identical screen of your cut scene without the cut scene there. It's really that simple, though I don't know if that's what you need.

Edited by Franky, 06 June 2011 - 01:12 PM.

#5 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

Well, the screen before it is a boss room. You see the guy facing away when you walk in, until you get up to the warp, where he turns around and speaks (And warps you away)

#6 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:17 PM

When he warps you away does it trigger the cut scene? After that where do you warp? I need a tiny bit more info.

#7 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

No, no.

I drew it (Kind of)

http://img84.imagesh...6770/mapxdg.png

#8 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

This wont be easy at all. You'll have to copy your overworld map. In the copy you'll have to remove all of the items you were required to have gotten to get up to that point, you have to make sure you can't get any other items that you are not required to get to make it to the castle.

Then you need to copy the castle, and remove all the items you were required to get to get to the lady. Once again, there can't be any optional items, you have to make sure every item there the player has to get in order to make it to the lady. Then you remove the lady from that room so it's just an empty room.

Once that's set up, when the lady warps you, you have her warp you to the copy over world which will now be your regular over world throughout the game. Doing this will make it so when she warps you to the copy, and you go into the castle she wont be there, nor will the items you were required to get to make it to her. Same for when you go back to that screen from the copy overworld.

If I knew which items you can get all the way until you reach her, I could possibly do this for you. It aint gonna be easy but this will work.
(Tested the level, posted this here so other people can possibly add on or help as well)

The low down for other helpers: He has a castle with a lady in it that warps you to the bottom of a mountain after saying a message. From this mountain you take a warp to the outside of a castle, you enter and play the castle up until you find the lady. You will acquire items and such. He wants it so when the lady warps him to the bottom of the mountain, she and the warp wont be in the castle when you enter it again.

Edited by Franky, 06 June 2011 - 02:40 PM.

#9 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

This is stressing me out so bad!
Hm, maybe I shouldn't use FFC's at all? Maybe there's another way I can do this?

#10 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:55 PM

Yes. I thought of another way. You could block off that castle all together after you warp. Set a perma trigger that will trigger some tiles that block you from using the warp point. Make it so you can't touch them at first, you are warped to a spot that brings tiles up to block them, while lowering some to let you continue. Once you save I think they will be like that forever.

You know those things in LTTP where they go down and up when you press a switch, like those things in the 3rd temple that block all those bottles with hearts in them. Right next to the door for the big moldorm boss. Something like those. But you can probably use some sort of overworld tiles to take there place.

I will do this for you, just tell me what kind of tiles you want to block the tornado. I assume you wont be needing this dungeon anymore after you talk to her?

Edited by Franky, 06 June 2011 - 02:56 PM.

#11 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:17 PM

Actually, you do need to go back at the end of the game.

#12 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE(Lynker @ Jun 6 2011, 01:17 PM) View Post

Actually, you do need to go back at the end of the game.
You might have to do the over world dungeon copying then.. icon_razz.gif
It's not very hard, I said it was hard which means its hard for me since I don't know where you placed all your items. For someone who knows the quest it shouldn't be to hard!

Just need to make a copy of your overworld and dungeon, then figure out which items you have to get to progress all the way to the girl. Then you remove those items on the copy overworld. After that go back and make sure you can't get any other optional items until your done with the girl. Those are the hardest parts, the rest is simple, you just change a couple screens and blam.

Tell you what, if you can do the above, I will set up the rest for you. (That includes making copies of your overworld and dungeon)
I only need you to write down which screens all your items that can be access before you meet the girl are, that includes optional items and mandatory items. Do this for the overworld and the dungeon. The rest I can do for you.

I am taking time off my quest to help you, so if you feel this is worth it, get that done and I will contribute my end. icon_smile.gif

#13 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Just forget it. this quest will probably not even end up finished anyway...icon_frown.gif

#14 Omega

Omega

Yes

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

Don't be like that!

Your quest was looking very promising, if you don't want to fix this you should figure something else out. Ideas randomly come to me and I start putting them to use. Allot of the time I have to work around something because I either can't do it or it becomes to annoying.

Strategist and come up with even better ideas for your quest, things that are possible. Right now your quest is allot more done then mine, I don't even have half of the things done that you have. Don't give up, think of new and cool ideas and put them to use. icon_smile.gif
I think up a bunch of crazy ideas, dragon temples, dark fortresses, just a whole bunch of things that come to mine. I don't want to spoil all my ideas though icon_sweat.gif

I say stick with this quest and re think it. You could easily turn that dungeon into a level, and change the course of your game. Trust me, I've thought of givin' up plenty of times but I always try new things. I've been using ZC for years and years and I have seen my fair share of problems, but in the end I gained allot of knowledge and cool ideas. icon_razz.gif

#15 Jared

Jared

Deified

• Members

Posted 06 June 2011 - 05:09 PM

Okay, after my momentarial depression is over, i'm willing to fix it.

I don't want to change the overlook or anything. that is the most important point in the game.

Hm...so how should I fix this tiny problem...
Maybe put another closed door somewhere in the dungeon, and it opens up later in the game?
So I don't have to go back to the after boss room?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users