Changing sprites and tiles

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 knightmortua

knightmortua

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:11 AM

Hello ! I'm new to Zelda Classic and I've learn the basic, but I now want to change the graphics a little. I've downloaded a tileset from here and, unfortunately, some colors, like a tone of green, is grey. I also have another question about the graphics. When you download a sheet, how do I insert it into the game to use it ? That's all for now. Hope someone can help me !

#2 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

Sometimes lurking. Rarely posting.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:08 AM

Welcome to PureZC!

That's not too hard. Go to Quest->Graphics->Tiles. Click the tile you want to change and either press E for edit or G to grab it from an image. Press + and - to change color sets.

#3 knightmortua

knightmortua

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:14 AM

Thanks, never thought about it ! And about the Link sprites, can someone help me ?

#4 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:28 AM

Easy again! Go to Quest->Graphics->Sprites->Link and have fun! Note that in the 2.50 betas you can choose the animation type. Z1-style is nice and simple, BS-style is probably the most common, and Z3-style is fairly advanced. Oh, and when choosing an animation, choose the first tile of the animation.

#5 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

Remember, if you're using BS style animation, the animation goes 1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2-1, not 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3

#6 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 11:18 AM

Depending on your tileset, your Link tiles may already be set up for BS animation.

#7 knightmortua

knightmortua

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

No, no, I don't want to change the animation, I want to import a new Link. The one I have is the BS Link but I want to make it the Pure Link. I also have three questions :

-First, how can I make messages strings without a guy.
-Second, does it require scripting ?
-Third, if it does, where can I learn the basics ?

I have a new problem with the tiles I've dowloaded. The tiles are called "PureSet 2.10". The trees in the pack are surrounded by black, but when I edit it, the black is actually the invisible color. But in game, it still black.

#8 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:22 PM

Okay, okay. That's not hard at all.

First: To change Link's tiles but not his animation, use the grab function to grab the corresponding Pure Link tiles onto the existing BS Link tiles.

For message strings without guys...
There are a number of options. The easiest way is to set the guy to empty. Invisible guy, string on room entry. Easy. There are other ways, of course, but those often require scripting. You probably don't have to script; just use pre-made ones. But I suggest starting with the Empty guy.

#9 knightmortua

knightmortua

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:55 PM

But I don't have the Pure Link tiles inside of Zquest. Also, for the empty guy, do you mean the (None) option ?

#10 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:03 PM

No. There should be a guy named Empty.

To get the Pure Link tiles into ZQuest, first select the first Link tile you have. Next, make sure that you are on CSet 6 (the only one Link looks correct on). Next, press the grab button or the G key to open the grab window. In the grab window, pick a file, which is an image containing the tiles. Select the tile to replace the Link tile with, press the recolor button (if necessary), and press Enter or click grab to import it. Rinse and repeat.

#11 knightmortua

knightmortua

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:14 PM

I'm using 2.10 and there's no guy named Empty. The only one I have are : Abei, Ama, Merchant, Moblin, Fire, Fairy, Goriya and Zelda.

EDIT : I don't see any recolor option. What is it ?

Edited by knightmortua, 23 September 2009 - 03:26 PM.

#12 Banjo7J

Banjo7J

Defender

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:31 AM

For a string with no guy, delete the tile for the fire and whenever you want an invisible guy, set it to fire. You don't have to delete the Fire guy tile, you can sacrifice anything.

#13 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 09:34 AM

Oh, using 2.10? I guess you'll have to do what Banjo said and sacrifice a guy. By the way, scripting is only available for the 2.50 betas that are found at www.shardstorm.com.

#14 knightmortua

knightmortua

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:10 PM

Oh, ok then. Anyway, I have the "No Guy Fire" rule, so the fire doesn't show up. I just have to delete his tile and that's all ? Alright. What about the recolor option ? I can't find anything to make Link the right color.

EDIT : Isn't the Fire Guy using the same tile as Din's Fire ? And how can I make a one time guy, like in Lost Isle, when Link is talking to himself, it doesn't repeat when you come back.

Edited by knightmortua, 24 September 2009 - 12:17 PM.

#15 MoscowModder

MoscowModder

• Members

Posted 24 September 2009 - 12:15 PM

When the grab window shows up and you select the file and the color set (6 is the one you want), there should be a recolor button. BEFORE you click OK to import the tile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users