Speed Booster

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 AlphaFrost

AlphaFrost

Initiate

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

A simple test video that utilizes the Speed Booster item.

https://www.youtube....h?v=HjCYwkjPwog
  • Eddy likes this

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

That looks pretty interesting. I like the way the Speed Booster looks too, reminds me a lot of Super Metroid :P

#3 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Looks nifty. Is it a script or a cutscene that plays when you step on certain tiles?

#4 AlphaFrost

AlphaFrost

Initiate

• Members

Posted 01 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

Looks nifty. Is it a script or a cutscene that plays when you step on certain tiles?

The Speed Booster item is just an invisible ladder scripted to be picked up when you pick up a useless item that looks like the speed booster. The combo at the start of the pipes is a ladder only, on the other side is a warp. This warp takes you to the cutscene that plays. Invisible Link is standing in a wall on the cutscene screen. That combo he is standing on is step secrets. This trigger does nothing on the screen, but carries over to the original screen, getting rid of the ladder only combo, warp combo, speed booster block and replacing them with normal floor tiles. Brilliance!

That looks pretty interesting. I like the way the Speed Booster looks too, reminds me a lot of Super Metroid :P

Thanks :D . The sounds and red color are from Zero Mission :P

#5 AlphaFrost

AlphaFrost

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:33 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=wKinrk7yrfk

Here is a second one, longer shaft.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

Are you able to jump over the speed boost point or is there an invisible solid combo in front of the warp? The feather often breaks warp sequences like this from my experience, so I figured I should ask.

#7 AlphaFrost

AlphaFrost

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

Are you able to jump over the speed boost point or is there an invisible solid combo in front of the warp? The feather often breaks warp sequences like this from my experience, so I figured I should ask.

You cant jump over it, I put in solid combos. Invisible solid combos are all over the quest :P . BTW did you see the second speed booster video? It is a much better representation of what the speed booster can do.

#8 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

Yeah I saw the second video. Cool stuff. This is the kind of stuff I wanted to do with 2.5 back before I learned scripting but was just too lazy. :P

#9 AlphaFrost

AlphaFrost

Initiate

• Members

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

Yeah I saw the second video. Cool stuff. This is the kind of stuff I wanted to do with 2.5 back before I learned scripting but was just too lazy. :P

Yeah, I really don't feel like learning scripting now. Maybe one day I'll learn it. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users