Photo

Open Letter to Mottzilla - ZConsole for 2.11 b18 (lost island) despera

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 trecord

trecord

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:02 PM

Hi Mottzilla - I'm stuck on a part of the Origin quest that is only playable on the Lost Island build. As far as I know, there are no Z Console versions for that build. As one of the best Quests so far for Zelda Classic, the lost island build is certainly in need of a ZConsole version native to it. Thanks very much in advance for your help. Cheers.

#2 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:01 PM

First off, this sort of topic is better suited for a PM. Second, I don't think Mott ever visits PureZC. Try over at AGN

Finally, ZConsole is a horrible program. If you need to cheat to play a quest like that, then you shouldn't be playing it to begin with. Sorry if that sounds rude, but I seriously hate that program

#3 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:30 AM

there are many games that are fun to play even while cheating, it all depends on how good the story is and how interesting the puzzles are. removing death from a puzzle doesnt necceraly reduce the "fun factor" of solving the puzzle, all it does is remove the "pain factor"

#4 trecord

trecord

• Members

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:31 PM

Wow! It only took an hour and 59 minutes to pick up a flame post about cheating! That's gotta be some forum record, woundn't you say?

Seriously though, Relic, some levels are too difficult for all but the most dedicated gamer. After dying 500 times trying to reach the same puzzle, or having to span the entire map just to pick up some more bombs because stores are not located throughout, the need exists. It doesn't diminish the gameplay value - on the contrary, it opens the game up to more players. Especially when the cheat is limited to overcoming the obstacles a given game player has attempted and cannot surmount.

#5 Plissken

Plissken

What's with these homies dissing our girls?

• Members

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE(trecord @ Oct 24 2007, 05:31 PM) View Post

Wow! It only took an hour and 59 minutes to pick up a flame post about cheating! That's gotta be some forum record, woundn't you say?

Go to gamefaqs, and ask how to use a cheat code. I've seen it been under a minute.

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:36 AM

With quests such as Lost Isle, you do realize that cheating can probably mess it up, right? You can get things out of order, or do something way before you're supposed to be able to do it. Truth be told, cheating ruins the experience of playing a game to its fullest. I should know- I owned a game genie when I was a kid. I used it all the time on my NES.

trecord, maybe you should look up the definition of a flame icon_sweat.gif

#7 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:43 AM

Well I don't really mind if people want to cheat or not, but if there ever is a ZConsole for the LI Build and you want to cheat in Lost Isle, I wouldn't recommend it because as Moonwhisper said, cheating might mess the game up since the game is so complex in its design. Origin however is a very simple quest so cheating in that game wouldn't probably be as dangerous.

#8 elise

elise

RIP Elise, 7/20/2011 - 49 Years Young.

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 07:51 AM

Please don't make such a debate of the good or wrong for a cheatconsole , if there is one you don't have to use it if you don't want and for those who want to use it to move on they can .
I see it more like the zc launch programme you can use it if you want and you can do without it if you want , but it's there if you need it . icon_wink.gif

#9 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:14 AM

Agreed, elise.

If at any rate, I doubt they'll make a cheat console for a single version that only has 2 quests on it, but if they do, well, good for you.

#10 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 09:20 AM

I agree wholeheartedly with the freedom to cheat. There is nobody here who has the right to command another person not to cheat, or to declare as a fact that cheating ruins the game.

The fact is, even the argument that cheating can disrupt a quest's mechanisms for functionality isn't even a good one, as with the barebones, most basic cheat of all, (A simple health renewal cheat.) that can NOT break the quest. Even if you use it after Link is spinning, that doesn't break the engine. You can't even walk over spikes with the health cheat on, as half of the spikes (The particular ones in Lost Isle.) are unwalkable, so you can't cross them anyway! (Well done, Peteo and DFW, BTW. Well done indeed.) All it is is a chance to experience the full quest without

I'm sure that neither DFW nor Peteo would like to see a potential love note for the quest denied just because they can't get past a particular screen or event. It's one thing to not be able to find a bombable wall in a dungeon, or to know where to go next. It's another thing to not even be able to reach those areas to investigate them because you keep dying so much.

They're two different types of challenges. If you're more mentally capable than combatically (New word!) capable, you'll prefer to deal with the puzzles more than the combat. The way it is now, people are *forced* to deal with the annoyances of constant combat wherever they go. It's distracting and annoying. LI isn't solely based on combat, people! You should be able to bypass these challenges to get to the real meat and bones of the quests!

It's like being forced to fight off hobos just so you can turn the pages of a really good book.

QUOTE(Peteo)
Well I don't really mind if people want to cheat or not,
What, seriously? icon_biggrin.gif icon_razz.gif Out with it man! Set us up the Bomb/L1 cheat for Lost Isle! icon_blah.gif I don't feel like going through that final boss again, and ESPECIALLY Not what happens immediately afterward. Lord I hated that thing. You have so little time! ;_;

#11 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 10:25 AM

Initially, I considered cheating to be a taboo... though that thought was actually quite hypocritical of me since I cheated through half of Dreams of Yesterday at the same time I thought that.

These days, I really don't mind if people are cheating. However... if I find out you are cheating in one of my quests beyond simple health boosts and you are asking for help, don't expect me to give you any support. I tend to arrange things to where certain things just have to be done in order. To break that order with a cheating device does nothing but confuse me when one is asking for support and I am not patient enough to try sorting through what the hell you did.

... That would be the case if I were actively working on a quest, anyway. I suppose all I can really say is that I better not receive help requests for The One Sword where a person has the whistle and warped off the playable map. icon_blah.gif

On another related note, wasn't ZC reinforced a tad against memory modification programs at some point early in the rather large stream of alphas? I'm not sure a ZConsole would be possible if that is the case.

#12 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:34 PM

This topic should be renamed 'views on cheating' and moved to gaming discussion icon_blah.gif

However, I agree completely with relic. Cheating in games is stupid. Unless it's the sims, age of empires or similar games. In which case it's also stupid, but it can be amusing if you're bored.

#13 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:36 PM

Well. I thought I should have a say in this.

First of all, ZConsole is pretty much dead. I don't even know if Mottzilla is alive anymore (NOT in a literal sense), and if you want to get ahold of someone on the forums, just send them a Private Message (PM) icon_wink.gif
Anyhow. Long story short: ZConsole is dead, has been dead for quite a while, and I don't know the whereabouts of Mottzilla.

And guys, why complain about the fact that trecord posted a topic that should have rather been in a PM? I mean... c'mon. Seriously, if you want to get your point across, it's a lot easier to do so in a better way than complaining about it.

#14 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

I don't even know if Mottzilla is alive anymore (NOT in a literal sense)

He's a Mod at AGN, and ZConsole's still available at both ZC.com and the site linked in his AGN signature.

Edited by Link1, 25 October 2007 - 02:52 PM.

#15 Skipper

Skipper

Magus

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE(Link1 @ Oct 25 2007, 02:51 PM) View Post

He's a Mod at AGN, and ZConsole's still available at both ZC.com and the site linked in his AGN signature.

...Oh.

But it's dead, anyway. Dead, in a haven't been updated for QUITE a while sort of way, not a ZConsole will forever be gone sort of way.
Technically, there hasn't been a new version for quite a while, nor updates on how it's going. So don't expect a new version anytime soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users