Photo

possible?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ferreira

ferreira

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:26 PM

would it be possible to make a 2D oot in ZC?

#2 Fuzzy

Fuzzy

Wizard

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

I personally don't believe so, due to overhead switches, BIG rooms, and the Big/Small Link difference, but it did come up often in this.

#3 ferreira

ferreira

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:37 PM

ye, tehres a couple things that would be really hard for OoT, like the elevation in the water temple i have no clue how i would do that lol:P, and i wanted to make a remake of MM but making all the "mask getting" quests would be a pain in the ass, cause i dont remember any of it so i would have to play the game all over again:P, i might try and do TP, but first i need to figure out if there something thats impossible to do in 2D for that one.

Edited by ferreira, 15 October 2007 - 02:37 PM.

#4 Titanium Justice

Titanium Justice

Justice is served!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:46 PM

you could make a quest thats Oncarina Of Time themed icon_smile.gif
and if its themed of a masterpiece game like oot itself then i would say that it would have to
look good and play good orelse its no good.

#5 ferreira

ferreira

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:51 PM

that sounds like a good idea, ill just make my own zelda game, but in the same setting as oot, but i need to come up with a good story line, any ideas guys?

#6 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 03:06 PM

WRONG! It's very possible. It would be pointless though, cause the real version will always be better, so I don't see why you would want to play this instead. Also, water temple isn't hard at all... just a little time consuming, like the rest of ZC is in general.
There WOULD be stuff you'd haveto leave out, and/or edit heavily from the original and maybe even replace some stuff... but still, it's possible.

#7 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:31 AM

Hmm. I thought a 2D OoT might actually be a challenge. Fighting those bosses without all those fancy techniques... I actually was bored one day and I drew up a rough draft of a plan for remaking OoT. Came out pretty good, if you ask me ._.

#8 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:09 AM

It is possible. It won't as great as OoT though. ZC has limitations, however, it is possible to remake that whole game. However, most people here rather make their own creative ideas, rather then make remake a game so that it closely resembles the game as it will take a long long long time to do so. But, if someone would spend all of the time to do that, I would play it. lol

#9 ziplobob2

ziplobob2

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:19 PM

I have a solution to big/little Link problem, 2 different quests. You just have to find another Link sprite.
Also is the "lens of truth" even in zelda classic? You might have to have a team of people to make custom bosses though...

#10 linkootsp

linkootsp

Junior

• Members

Posted 27 October 2007 - 06:49 PM

it is possible with the exception of epona and such.

#11 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:40 AM

There are lens of truth in ZC. Where've you been since 1.90?

Yes, there are things you may have to take out, but a lot of stuff can be recreated without scripting, just with ye ol' ZC tricks and illusions.

To me, recreating OoT is too much of a hassle. It's much more fun to create your own quest. (Except for OoS icon_razz.gif)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users