I have mulled over this idea in my head for a while, not entirely sure of if it's a good idea or not, but hey, I figured I'd just go for it and see how it goes! Since a lot of people are stuck home due to the corona virus spread and with little to do, I figure now might be a good time for something positive to keep things from getting too depressing! So I figured an improve contest might be the way to go!
1. Three Week Contest!
2. Starting time is Sunday 22th of March at 23:00 GMT+1 in the evening! (A notice will be posted when it officially starts!)
3. End time is Monday, April the 13th at 12:00 (noon) GMT+1.
4. One community voted winner of the contest!
5. One winner decided by judge(s) as well as special challenges entrants can try for!
6. Have fun!
Anyone can sign up at any point up until the contests deadline! (If you're working on something, it would be cool to know though, to properly judge judging workload!) Any tileset goes, any theme goes, any number of authors per submission goes (though I think most would prefer more entries rather than fewer! ;P), and most importantly: Any quest genre goes!
And while you can do whatever you want in your entry, there will be a short list of challenges authors can try and go for, these will provide some additional points to get ahead of the competition in regards to judging, but will not matter for the community voted winner, obviously. Furthermore, these can provide some general ideas on some things to try and do in your quest if you don't have any ideas or just want some extra ones! These challenges will be posted in the near future and will be avalible before development time start, so don't worry if you can't see them right now!
There are only three major rules for this contest:
1. Your quest must adhere to general PZC submission rules as well as code of conduct.
2. Your quest must be new, not an old project you have worked on before. (Using existing assets from the database or old projects are fine though, as long as they are assets and not an entire project).
3. Your entry must run in 2.53 (preferably), or newer. If newer, you're personally expected to provide the appropriate alpha/beta version of ZC that your quest runs on to ensure the proper experience.
Here are the bonus objectives, how much score they each offer, as well as general judge scoring info!
Sign-up is open now, who's on for some speedy quest making?
Edit: Avaro signed up as a second judge, woo!
Edited by Mani Kanina, 21 March 2020 - 02:05 PM.