Favourite Zelda Dungeons

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:03 AM

What are your favourite Zelda dungeons? Also, what are your favourite dungeon songs?

My favourite dungeons are those that either have interesting puzzles, an interesting atmosphere, great music or a combination of all.

OoT Spirit Temple: I like everything about this dungeon. The theme, the atmosphere, the puzzles. It's also really interesting how you have to enter it as young Link and adult Link. For some reason, my favourite parts is the section with the mirrors but the dungeon is great in it's entirety.

OoT Shadow Temple: A very unsettling dungeon which is why I like it so much. This dungeon feels more linear than the others in OoT, but it's still a very fun place to go through. Also, that boss.

TP Lakebed Temple: My favourite water dungeon, mainly because of it's location and the atmosphere.

TP Arbiter's Grounds: I like this one for the same reasons I like the Shadow Temple, but this dungeon is even better. There are some very interesting rooms, the puzzles are great and the layout of this dungeon is really nice in general. When you get the dungeon item, which is rather late compared to other dungeons, things get really weird. The spinner is one of the more unique items in the Zelda series. I like the background story of this dungeon too.

ST Tower of Spirits: I loved everything about this tower really. There are so many puzzles too and it feels like it never ends.

SS Sky Keep: The gimmick of this dungeon is something really creative and it's really fun trying to solve it. You have to move around the rooms to get where you want and each room is a throwback to another dungeon in this game. I liked that alot! Too bad that there was no boss in this dungeon. That would have made it even better.

I like many of the dungeons of the Oracle games too but it's hard for me to pick a favourite. I generally preferred the dungeons of Oracle of Ages, with the exception of the water dungeons.

Favourite dungeon songs are:

10: LA Eagle Tower

9: WW Tower of the Gods

8: MC Temple of Droplets

7: ALBW Ice Ruins

6: ALBW Sand Palace

5: OoA Skull Dungeon

4: MC Palace of Winds

3: MM both versions of Stone Tower Temple

2: ST Tower of Spirits

1: SS Earth Temple

(These can change anytime)

#2 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 12 June 2015 - 11:23 AM

Oh god, there's numerous amounts of dungeons I love.

I guess some in mind would be the following: Wind Temple (WW), Spirit Temple (OoT), Stone Tower Temple (MM), Tower of Spirits (ST), Palace of Winds (MC), Ice Ruins (ALBW). There are loads more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

The dungeons mentioned all have great atmoshpere and all have really awesome music. Probably the best out of those mentioned would be the Wind Temple for making really clever uses of the wind mechnaic and needing to use a combination of earlier items along with the Iron Boots. The boss is really epic and the overall difficulty is very well balanced. Makar makes some pretty cool puzzles, though those Wallmasters can go down to hell.

• Avaro likes this

#3 Hergiswi

Hergiswi

i'll become what you became to me

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:16 PM

I've never played any of the 3D Zelda games, but my favorite dungeon thus far is easily Sword & Shield Maze from Oracle of Seasons. Everything about it is contrasting: sword vs. shield, hot vs. cold, strategy vs. action. Even the music goes between traditional tonality and 20th century harmonies. It creates a really sublime effect for me, especially right at the end of the dungeon when it all solidifies and becomes a cohesive idea.

• Avaro likes this

#4 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:47 PM

Stone Tower Temple immediately makes the list. Such an awesome design.

I'd also rank the dark world forest temple from A Link to the Past pretty high. The way the outdoor pitfalls correlate to the dungeon as a whole always struck me as a really creative use of pre-existing mechanics. 

#5 TheRock

TheRock

Go glitches

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:58 PM

What I like about dungeons is unique puzzles and the dungeon being open to do things in any order. Well here's me list.

1. SS Sky Keep. Having a lot of themes into one dungeon is amazing, and being able to do things in pretty much any order helps to.

2. MM Stone Tower Temple

3. OoS Level 8. Not quite sure what its called I just love how open you are to do it in any order.

4. ST Sand temple. This place had some of the best puzzles I have ever seen.

5. TP City In The Sky.

6. ALBW The water dungeon. I really like how open this dungeon is.

Edited by bmc10011, 12 June 2015 - 01:05 PM.

#6 Moosh

Moosh

Tiny Little Questmaker

• ZC Developers

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:47 PM

The Water Temple from OoT. Not even joke.

• Avaro likes this

#7 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:50 PM

Top dungeons of all games in a list is something I could just never do, honestly. I could give you a list of my favorite dungeon from each game... so I'll do that instead. Except for Zelda II, I don't think I'm a fan of any of them, at least not one over the other. They all just kinda run together in my head as one boring blur. Also Four Swords because it didn't really have dungeons, and no those zones you travel to don't count. Anyways...

Zelda 1: Level 4, Snake

A Link to the Past: Ice Palace

Link's Awakening: Eagle's Tower

Ocarina of Time: Forest Temple

Majora's Mask: Great Bay Temple

Oracle of Seasons: Dancing Dragon Dungeon

Oracle of Ages: Mermaid's Cave

The Wind Waker: Earth Temple

Four Swords Adventures: Tower of Flames

The Minish Cap: Cave of Flames

Twilight Princess: City in the Sky

Phantom Hourglass: Goron Temple

Spirit Tracks: Snow Temple

Skyward Sword: Lanayru Mining Facility/Sandship

A Link Between Worlds: Dark Palace

• Avaro and Logos like this

#8 Aevin

Aevin

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

The Hero's Memory serves as a pretty great short list of my personal favorites. ;)

Here's a quick rundown of my favorites from most of the games. I won't list the music separately, since a huge part of the reason I love these dungeons in the first place is the music. Just assume these are most of my favorite Zelda songs, too.

• LoZ: Level 6: I. Love. Wizzrobes.
  • LttP: Turtle Rock: I loved the sense of darkness and isolation, and the Mirror Shield as the item.
  • Link's Awakening: Face Shrine: I loved the melancholy music and sense of ancient ruins.
  • Oracle of Seasons: Sword and Shield Maze: The fire and ice mechanic here was really cool.
  • Oracle of Ages: Jabu Jabu's Belly: I guess I'm the only one who likes water dungeons? I found this puzzling in a good way.
  • OoT: Spirit Temple: The music ... I'm not sure what else did it for me, but I love it.
  • Majora's Mask: Stone Tower Temple: The inversion trick and the prominence of sky.
  • Wind Waker: Wind Temple: I love the wind element and the creepy feel of the dungeon.
  • Minish Cap: Palace of Winds: Sky, wind, awesome music ...
  • Twilight Princess: Snowpeak Ruins: One of the only dungeons in this game that felt colorful to me.
  • Phantom Hourglass: Ghost Ship: I love ghosts, and especially liked the concept of the sisters.
  • Spirit Tracks: Ocean Temple: The whip as a dungeon item was cool, and the location of the temple itself.

• Eddy, Avaro and Logos like this

#9 Golden Guardian

Golden Guardian

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:19 PM

Thinking through it for awhile, I couldn't think of any dungeons I liked specifically for any good reasons. But... Hyrule Castle on your first visit in Link to the Past. It's just so unlike any other first dungeon. It has everything that makes up a dungeon: Dungeon item, boss, map, compass, etc. but it feels so much like it's just integrated in the story, not apart from it like most dungeons do. I'm not sure if I'm making any sense, but I just like that for not being your average dungeon.

#10 coolgamer012345

coolgamer012345

🔸

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

ZeldaDungeon.com

also I kinda like the dungeons from Skyward Sword, and Ocarina of Time, and Link to the Past, my favorite probably being the first darkworld temple in Link to the Past.

#11 SyrianBallaS

SyrianBallaS

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:01 PM

From What I Can Remember

1. Everything FSA
  2. Jabu Jabu's Belly (MQ)
  3. Turtle's Rock (Zelda 3)
  4. Everything MM
  5. Can't remember everything else have to replay

I know there's more, I just can't remember

Edited by SyrianBallaS, 12 June 2015 - 04:02 PM.

• Deedee likes this

#12 Logos

Logos

Gnome Child

• Members

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:25 PM

Pretty much any sky dungeon I will enjoy. Especially the Palace of Winds from Minish Cap.
  • Moosh and SkyLizardGirl like this

#13 SkyLizardGirl

SkyLizardGirl

Unbeknownst to danger we call upon your help

• Banned

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:30 PM

City in the Sky - Twilight Princess for one.

I also like any dungeon that is underwater based, however i can't stand inner body dungeons which are gross.

Eagles tower - Links Awakening.

Level-7  Nes.

Etcz.  Not much, to list i likes them alls, but my favorite dungeons are mostly my own from my own games.  One i designed myself i really likes is

Lounging Lizard - Level-7   +   Sunfish Temple Level -13  

- both i designed completely myself in Mystical Harps.

Edited by SkyLizardGirl, 12 June 2015 - 04:37 PM.

• Logos likes this

#14 Shane

Shane

🩶

• Moderators

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:48 PM

Ancient Cistern is pretty much my favorite. Everything about it is perfect.
  • SkyLizardGirl likes this

#15 Deedee

Deedee

Bug Frog Dragon Girl

• Moderators
  • Pronouns:She / Her, They / Them

Posted 12 June 2015 - 04:55 PM

From What I Can Remember

1. Everything FSA
  2. Jabu Jabu's Belly (MQ)
  3. Turtle's Rock (Zelda 3)
  4. Everything MM
  5. Can't remember everything else have to replay

I know there's more, I just can't remember

You rated FSA as first. You win all my yes.

Seriously, FSA is just underrated. If Nintendo were to ever remake this game, I would buy it. It was fun enough playing single player, and I heard multiplayer was simply amazing. The music, the tone... Everything.

Try Wind Waker. It's obvious that you have never played it because you left the 5th place blank instead of a Wind Waker dungeon.

• SyrianBallaS and Logos like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users