Photo

Screenshot of the Week 808

Taco Chopper )-( Marchland Malady )-( Anthus Twilight Knight

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Screenshot of the Week 808 (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Cast your vote!

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#1 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 19 February 2024 - 10:36 PM

)-( Marchland Malady )-(
MarchlandMalady.png
What lies beyond the fallen logs?

Anthus
Anthus.png
808s and Moonlight

Taco Chopper
TacoChopper.png
The Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer, commonly known as the 808, is a drum machine manufactured by Roland Corporation between 1980 and 1983. It was one of the first drum machines to allow users to program rhythms instead of using preset patterns.

Twilight Knight
TwilightKnight.png
Fatal

• Anthus and Twilight Knight like this

#2 klop422

klop422

Guess I'm full of monsters and treasure

• Members

Posted 20 February 2024 - 06:31 AM

Voted Anthus. Sometimes, simple is best

• Anthus, Twilight Knight and Taco Chopper like this

#3 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 20 February 2024 - 10:34 AM

)-( I've made some shading tiles that can be layered onto those dungeon walls recently. Thanks to ZQuest Classic 2.55, combos can be made transparent, which makes them usable without sacrificing an entire layer. The results appear to be promising. )-(

)-( There is no shortage of talent this time around. Everyone did very well. )-(

Edited by )-( Marchland Malady )-(, 20 February 2024 - 10:36 AM.

#4 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 20 February 2024 - 02:43 PM

Admittedly I struggled with comprehending Marchland Malady's screen; I think there's a lot going on in terms of NPC action. I'm usually okay with style clash but I feel there's a lot of visual inconsistencies going on. That having been said, I do admire the commitment to custom graphics and hope you continue your endeavor. Paying further attention, the screen layout is surprisingly nice too.

I have a soft spot for the simplicity of Anthus's screen here. The colours come together nicely and the misty night sky make for a pleasant aesthetic.

I enjoy Firebird getting some dungeon action. Taco Chopper's screen has a lot going but maintains its readability. It was a tough choice, but my vote went here.

Twilight Knight's swamp visuals are really unique. The choice of tree and tall grass really complete it. I'll say the shallow water and deep water are a smidge hard to read; probably looks better in action.

#5 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 21 February 2024 - 02:37 PM

Twilight Princess Knight!

• Twilight Knight likes this

#6 Ghost

Ghost

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 21 February 2024 - 03:09 PM

This is a good round, each one a different tileset.

Marchland I like what you have going on with the walls. Cannot fathom what is going on with the NPC's. I see explosions off screen, townspeople, and a giant alien in what looks like a regular dungeon. It's confusing. But honestly kind of refreshing in it's messiness.

Voted for Anthus. Just tranquil and a nice juxtaposition of the red and blues with the orange moon. Not something I've seen in these contests before.

#7 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 21 February 2024 - 05:38 PM

Oh man, this one's a tough one. Lots of really good entries here.

Marchland: It's busy for sure, and I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the alien in the middle of the screen, but I do like the walls here.

Anthus: Digging the background and the colors. I do think Hybrid Link looks a bit out of place with the set, but I love what's going on here.

Taco Chopper: I adore how much gameplay has been fit into the screen. Two different rooms, each feeling complete in their own right, side by side on the screen.

Twilight Knight: Those trees fit better into the set that they have a right to. I dig the palette, I love the tall grass, and I really like the overall composition of the shot. It's detailed, but avoids looking so cluttered that it becomes hard to read at a glance.

It was a really close call between Taco Chopper and Twilight Knight for me, but Taco barely edged out for my vote. I think this is the first time in a while I haven't auto-voted for a Twilight Knight screen, so take that as a big compliment. :P

#8 Anthus

Anthus

Lord of Liquids

• Members

Posted 22 February 2024 - 01:54 AM

I love how Taco Chopper and I both made references to the 808 drum machine lmao. Also yeah, pure hybrid Link is placeholder. I intend to eventually have fully 100% custom graphics.

• Taco Chopper likes this

#9 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 22 February 2024 - 09:32 PM

I love how Taco Chopper and I both made references to the 808 drum machine lmao. Also yeah, pure hybrid Link is placeholder. I intend to eventually have fully 100% custom graphics.

the entire time i made my screenshot i was thinking of my beloved tr8!

SUkiebg.png

• Anthus likes this

#10 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

• Administrators

Posted 04 March 2024 - 05:22 AM

With 38.89% of the vote, the winner of Screenshot of the Week 808 is Taco Chopper!

TacoChopper.png
The Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer, commonly known as the 808, is a drum machine manufactured by Roland Corporation between 1980 and 1983. It was one of the first drum machines to allow users to program rhythms instead of using preset patterns.

Congratulations!

Voting totals:
  • Taco Chopper - 14 (38.89%)
  • Twilight Knight - 13 (36.11%)
  • Anthus - 6 (16.67%)
  • )-( Marchland Malady )-( - 3 (8.33%)

• Twilight Knight likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Taco Chopper, )-( Marchland Malady )-(, Anthus, Twilight Knight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users