Megaman Zero quest

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:40 PM

I have decided to make a megaman quest just like megaman X,but you play as zero.I have the mavericks ,I'm using animals and a plant that haven't been used before.It will have the maverick select screen and everything ,even side scrolling.Here is a maverick list.

1-sonic porcupine
2-grapple giraffe
3-cutter beetle
4-wander vulture
5-sewer seaslug
6-burning boar
7-nettle narcissus
8-scout scorpion

I'm making it in 2.5,so it will be hard.I might post screenshots once I get to work on it.

Edited by creatorofchaos, 26 February 2009 - 05:48 PM.

#2 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 03:50 PM

What a wonderful quest idea! Finally Mega Man X and finally with my favourite VG character!

So, for the 4th, Burning Boar is very good. But for the 3rd... it's good by itself, but you said you want unused mavericks. Well, there's already a beetle (Gravity Beetle - MMX3), so you could have Cutter Cactuar.

For the last 4:

-Bright Banana
-Sewer Seaslug
-Wander Vulture
-Scout Scorpion

#3 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 04:08 PM

Um,why would I wan't a cactus?I guess they don't all have to be new I just wanted to make it different,and besides cutter beetle is story related. icon_biggrin.gif I like your ideas but why would I wan't a boss to be a banana,it just seems wierd and people would keep making the "PEANUT BUTTER JELLY!!!" reference.But I like the rest.

Edited by creatorofchaos, 29 December 2008 - 04:09 PM.

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:47 PM

I suspected it would sound strange... but it would have been something new. About the beetle, remember, you said that you wanted new ones, not me.

So, now I suggest a 8th... Nettle Narcissus. (Narcissus = Daffodil)

Are you starting with the MMDWR tileset and build up from there? And/Or you rip straight from MMX1-3 (/4-6)?

#5 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 05:58 PM

Just different resources,and the 2nd female megaman boss ever!Good job!

#6 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 29 December 2008 - 07:56 PM

2.10 sidescrolling? Hah, good luck >_>

#7 Aslion

Aslion

End Fascism

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:16 PM

Have fun not being able to jump, having linear bosses, and Maverick Powers you get when you win the fights limited to no end.

Edited by Lithium, 29 December 2008 - 08:18 PM.

#8 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:45 PM

I already got all 8 boss weapons,and I'm fine with no jumping.And the bosses will be non linear because I found a way to make the selection screen.

#9 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:17 AM

2.10? no jumping? no arm cannon? no power-ups? no enemy abilities? no realistic enemy bots? no gravity? wtf?

Will you take a look at this thread before for me?

http://www.purezc.co...showtopic=38913

...am I done asking questions? icon_freak.gif

#10 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 09:51 AM

Again I don't want to use a beta,I am fine with no jumping,the power ups and boss weapons will be your inventory items and zero is going to use his z-saber,the enemies will be ZC enemies used in clever ways.
As for gravity if I have any parts with falling and I probably wont I will just use down conveys.

#11 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:43 PM

Sorry for the double post but are these sonic porcupine sprites good?
IPB Image
I think the colors are OK but I'm not sure if the look is OK.I'm basically going for a brown porcupine with green quills.

#12 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:13 PM

At first I thought it still needed lots of work, but I see that it fits the other tiles in the combo bar. I also see now good Megaman-ish details and now looking even more I see that this is Armored Armadillo's cousin.
The thing I absolutely don't like is the spike area. It rather looks like a scratched shell. If it becomes too hard to work with real thin needles, just go on and use big ones that are unlike the real hedgehog needles, but are the ones like in games.
I'd also like it with blue or white-blue or such needles, but green isn't that bad, either. Sonic means fast and/or wind, isn't it?

Edited by CastChaos, 03 January 2009 - 04:15 PM.

#13 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 03 January 2009 - 04:31 PM

Nevermind the tiles in the combo bar because,one they are in the wrong pallette and two I was making this in "the 4th goddess" file because it had the right colors.Anyway I wanted tiny ones so he could shoot them in the air and it would rain them but that would be hard to dodge.And I guess they don't have to be green I just liked that color.

P.S. he doesn't have an attribute

#14 creatorofchaos

creatorofchaos

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 21 February 2009 - 11:43 AM

Okay guys I have decided to work on this in version 2.5 since the bosses would be hard to do without scripting,and zero looks weird icon_sweat.gif .I need some help spriting though.I need to know if these new sonic porcupine sprites are good for 1,if they're not then you can try and make them better it needs to be in the same colors though.Brownish gold with blue quills,Oh and I need sprites of him clinging to the wall kinda like a wall jump.2,I need some 16x32 zero sprites.Walking in both directions,slashing the saber,climbing in all directions(don't ask),dashing,and jumping.Not to be a burden though.

IPB Image

Edited by creatorofchaos, 21 February 2009 - 11:58 AM.

#15 Gleeok

Gleeok

It's dangerous to dough alone, bake this.

• Members

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:51 AM

QUOTE(creatorofchaos @ Feb 21 2009, 08:43 AM) View Post

Come, be one of us, join us creatorofchaos. join us.

You know I'm only trying to be helpful when I say stuff like use this or that, and not trying to sound like a broken record or anything, but uhh, you should check out the link in my earlier post.

Good luck to you. Sounds like you've got you're hands full.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users