Photo

I need a new MIDImaking partner for two easy tracks

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members
  • Location:State Of Love And Trust, The United State Of Amorica.

Posted 30 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Wolfo is almost never around and peteandwally is too busy to continue working with/for me.  peteandwally made one of the three tracks I need for a quest and then started another.  this leaves touch-up work to be done on the partial one and creation of a third, the most basic of them.  I asked peteandwally for the Fruitystudio file (not sure if it's proprietary/specific or just a MIDI that can be opened with trackmaking programs) for the partial one, but in the meantime somebody can start on a whooshing battle theme.  it would ideally sound like speeding through vacuous space and doesn't necessarily need to have any songness to it.  I'm not too picky, as long as it sounds like it's in a cruising spaceshuttle and it loops well.  that one can be done now by anybody who wants in on my current project and the other one can wait until I get a response back from peteandwally regarding the partially complete track, which is one song which falls apart and becomes a final battle theme.  it will need to loop from its end back to a part near the beginning (but after the collapse into cacophony of the song it starts as) or just be long enough that the end isn't ever heard.

thoughts?

Edited by trudatman, 08 February 2014 - 01:00 AM.

#2 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:47 PM

I'm down. So I'm to make a battle theme that sounds like you're inside of a ship in space?

Edit: Got something in progress but its really weird

Edited by Valientlink, 30 January 2014 - 03:30 PM.

#3 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:46 PM

I might cook something up if I get inspired. Don't know if you'll like my style though

#4 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:20 PM

What he said.

#5 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 10:37 PM

YAY!

so, the overworld theme is done and the other two tracks are used in short battles at the end of the game. if the tracks are weird, that's fine; they aren't to be heard for very long. the whooshing one just needs to work and the final battle song will just need some touch up work and extension, I figure. let's focus on the spaceshuttle thing for right now.

you are hired! may I hear what you have so far?

#6 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:13 AM

http://www.filedropper.com/dorb

Really bad imo, the beginning is okay but I just messed around with the 2nd part (scrapping this after)

#7 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 07:42 PM

wow! I dig both parts, but I don't think either is "whooshing," so I don't think it's a fit. something with less music and more zooming. still willing to work on it? the screens this will be used on have windows with stars blinking by at full speed.

#8 Valientlink

Valientlink

~V@LîΣÑTLîÑK~

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:43 PM

PM a screenshot or something. I feel like that'll help quite a bit.

#9 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:26 AM

this should work: grab the newest Sticks And Stones demo from my signature link. use the edit code of 723 to open it in ZQuest. set the start screen to whatever corresponds to O3 (I think) on the main map. if you can make yourself invincible, that may help. there will be two of these screens in the game, one right after the other as it is currently planned. the track should be whooshing, zooming, rocketing through space. it needs to loop seamlessly or be long enough that the end would not be heard.

#10 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Technically there is no whooshing in space because there's no air being pushed out of the way.

#11 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

I knew somebody would reply with that eventually. got a track that is like speeding through a vacuum? what does it sound like in a spaceshuttle?

#12 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

It doesn't sound like anything. Since a vacuum is nothing, there's nothing vibrating to produce sound. You can only hear particles hitting the shuttle, the engine, and other such noises.

Do I have to adhere to GM1 or can I use the extra sounds that come with Microsoft's built-in synthesizer? (that is, GS).

Edited by anikom15, 01 February 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#13 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

I have no idea what your questions mean, but if there are certain MIDI types that don't work with ZC/ZQ 1.90, please avoid them.

"particles hitting the shuttle, the engine, and other such noises." that works with me.

#14 anikom15

anikom15

Dictator

• Banned

Posted 01 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

http://www.mediafire...spacebattle.mid

I made this in like half an hour. If this is what you're looking for, I can expand/polish it.

#15 trudatman

trudatman

one point nine hero

• Members

Posted 01 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

hey, yeah, that works. not what I had in mind, but it works. maybe polish it, but I think it would even work as it is. it wasn't as random as I expected (particles hitting and whatnot), but it's churning and driving and fits a battle sequence pretty well.

here's the mockup of the final battle song: https://app.box.com/...edeme1byj5t0etc

I haven't tested how well it loops back to halfway or wherever, so I'm not sure if it even needs any further work, but peteandwally didn't consider it to be "done," so if anybody wants to take a stab at it, go for it. it does for sure need to start as Hail To The Chief and fart out into a failure of that and into a battle theme that can either loop back or run so long that nobody could really stay on the Gannon battle long enough to hear in its entirety. thoughts?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users