Photo

Newfound Tileset

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

Hello! This tileset is a remake of Generation Tileset, EZBGZ, and NewFrist together. I am blending this for the simplicity of the tiles, and yet they all have elegance and beauty when mixed together. Thus, this tileset was created. Newfound tileset isn't all fancy and has every little detail tile, but it gets the job done. I don't have all the LoZ trees in here, I don't have every grass thingy. Just something you can get to work with right away. The tileset will be using zelda classic 2.5, with most 2.5 stuff ready in the tileset. This includes subscreens, new enemies, and items. Oh, and this tileset is organized. Messy palettes and combo pages are a **** to deal with, so I know not to make this unorganized. Anyway, here are some screen shots. Enjoy, and look forward to a playable demo using the variety of the tileset. Now, as you can see in some of the shots, some tiles don't blend well with the palette, but other tiles blend well. Not everything has to be used in a palette, so don't mind too much to some of the tiles appearances.

1st screen palette-2nd screen palette

Normal-Unique
IPB ImageIPB Image
Different-Crystal
IPB ImageIPB Image
Crisp-Frost
IPB ImageIPB Image
Humid-Dormancy
IPB ImageIPB Image
Autumn
IPB Image

Well, there you have it. I will update as much as I can to the tileset on this official thread, here are some useful links.

First ever Generation Tileset Thread
Generation Tileset CZC (download)

Edited by Furion, 12 January 2010 - 06:16 PM.

#2 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:26 PM

Right.
So, while I am not completly sure with every tile in the tileset, I must say that it is a good thing, like I told you before. Again, I must say that these are some awesome palettes. I am especially in love with the Crystal palette's cold yet pure and bright appearance.
Now, since you have those palettes for the basic needs, I would like to see some more exotic palettes that are pushed more into the direction "GB". One with pruple grass, another with orange grass... in that palstel-ish fashion of course.
They all share a certain sense of "dreamy-ness".
The only weaknesses I can see are some of the tiles which just won't work for me together with the other ones.

#3 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Jan 12 2010, 12:26 PM) View Post

Now, since you have those palettes for the basic needs, I would like to see some more exotic palettes that are pushed more into the direction "GB". One with pruple grass, another with orange grass... in that palstel-ish fashion of course.
They all share a certain sense of "dreamy-ness".
The only weaknesses I can see are some of the tiles which just won't work for me together with the other ones.

Awesome idea, I never thought about actually doing something more dreamy. But um, as for the tile blending, I will go back and tweak the palette so that all the tiles may blend.

#4 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 02:46 PM

The tiles and palettes works just fine.
Some of the tiles and some of the other tiles, do not.
That's what I was trying to say.

#5 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2010 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE(Sheik @ Jan 12 2010, 12:46 PM) View Post

Some of the tiles and some of the other tiles, do not.

Like what tiles? That one rock in the upper right corner?

#6 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 05:43 PM

I like the Crystal and Autumn palettes a lot. They just have this sort of creaminess that I don't see a lot.

#7 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

Some of the palettes are really nice, and some of them just don't look so good really.
Unique, Frost and Humid don't seem so pleasing to my eyes. I like Crystal and Dormancy a lot though.

#8 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

IPB Image

Improved frost palette. Now it looks like a wintery scene, the way I intended it to be.

Edited by Furion, 12 January 2010 - 06:26 PM.

#9 AgentLym

AgentLym

• Zelda and Pokémon Master •

• Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:42 PM

Why not add a palette that is a 'true' winter scene? With pretty much all white, except for the very faded colors for the trees and grass and things? I know it'd be probably a bit boring, but if you want a white-out screen, you're going to need something like it.

Also, your humid palette strikes me more as a dry swampish style... maybe more blue?

But, anyhow, maybe include plenty of different Link tiles so we all don't use the same ones? And maybe include scripts already done and ready to go, since you are making this 2.5 friendly. So, all the tiles and combos the scripts use will be all synced with the code by default. That would be awesome! You don't have to include all of them, though, just like the NPC, Signpost, Bottomless Cliffs, Roc's Cape, Ledges, Ladders, and Epona scripts; those'd be plenty.

Great work, though!

Oh, and include lava tiles.

Edited by AgentLym, 12 January 2010 - 06:43 PM.

#10 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(AgentLym @ Jan 12 2010, 04:42 PM) View Post

Why not add a palette that is a 'true' winter scene? With pretty much all white, except for the very faded colors for the trees and grass and things? I know it'd be probably a bit boring, but if you want a white-out screen, you're going to need something like it.

Also, your humid palette strikes me more as a dry swampish style... maybe more blue?

Great work, though!

A true scene would look like Dormancy. And humid is supposed to be a swampy marsh.

Thanks

#11 lucas92

lucas92

Defender

• Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:08 PM

I would love to see some dungeon shots. icon_wink.gif

#12 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 12 January 2010 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE(lucas92 @ Jan 12 2010, 07:08 PM) View Post

I would love to see some dungeon shots. icon_wink.gif

So would I!
Those trees are totally awesome

#13 Marco

Marco

• Banned

Posted 13 January 2010 - 07:22 PM

Anyone have a suggestion on what tree I should use to replace the snow covered one? I mean, I don't see it looking great with the rest of the tileset, so...any suggestions?

#14 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:42 PM

I'd add the Lynna-trees. The ones OoA used. The OoS tree that'll loose leaves in winter may work, too.
Oh, and maybe your palettes will make the LA-trees look better?

Edit: About what tiles don't work well together in my opinion I will tell you when you send me the file to overlook it, okay?

Edited by Sheik, 14 January 2010 - 03:52 PM.

#15 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

The palms seem a bit more detailed than the other trees. I'd try to find something that fits the style a bit more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users