Looking for Spriters

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Zemious

Zemious

Magicite: Bahamut

• Members

Posted 12 December 2008 - 07:44 PM

Whether you know or not, I've started on a rom hack and am in need of a few dedicated good spritrers.
I am a spriter by heart but I don't want to over do my self because this hack I'm working on is a total conversion hack of FF6.
You can read about it here:
http://www.spriters-...ad.php?tid=3120

This isn't just some project I'll start and not finish, I've already got Cecil and Kain working and in the game. I sprited those two already put them in and heres a video to show Cecils "Dark" ability in FF6.

The sprite sheets I need done are for these characters:
.....FF2
.........-Minwu
.........-Ricard
.........-Firion

.....FF4
.........-Edge
.........-Rydia

..... FF5
.........-Galuf (Theif)
.........-Cara (Time Wizard)
.........-Bartz (Berserker)
.........-Lenna (Mimic)

Here is how the sprite sheet should be looking:
IPB Image IPB Image

Edited by Zemious, 12 December 2008 - 07:57 PM.

#2 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 13 December 2008 - 05:48 PM

Is anyone willing to help?
You will be in the credits after this is finished.

#3 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

I don't know if you got my my last message, but I'm willing to do some. I've already started on Edge, and I should be done pretty soon. What I've done, though, is took a sprite sheet of Locke and edited it that I got off of The Spriter's Resrource, so it's not in the set-up you want. I can try, though. I'll post it up once I finish it up.

#4 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 01:31 PM

Oh thank God someone is willing to help!
I love you Blaman!

#5 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:14 PM

I've been longing to do some graphic larger than 16x16 for awhile. Fast results, or any at all, can't be guaranteed, but I'll give it a go.

#6 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 16 December 2008 - 05:36 PM

Oh thank you guys so much.

#7 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 01:37 PM

Heh, an oldbie has returned for spriting! Doubt any of you remember me, but hey.

Anyways, Zemious, I'll go ahead and lend you a hand with the sprites, having extensive experience in the matter. I think I'll do Firion for now, but a question: do you want the NES version updated to FF6 standards or the "Dawn of Souls" / "Origins" version of him?

#8 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 17 December 2008 - 08:03 PM

I'd personally like the Dawn of Souls versions.
It'll look better than the NES version, and it'll be easier than spriting from scratch.

Here is what the sprite sheet should look like:
http://www.myimg.us/....17.08/6780.png

Ignore the previous sheet layout because the program I was using worked well but it didn't provide all the sprites that the game used.
I.e, Chocobo riding sprites, which play a part in the Figiro escape scene.

-----

Welcome back old friend, I'm also a veteran spriter but I'm currently working on this project and don't want to overwhelm my self and burn out.

-----

I won't pressure any of you guys but hows the work going on the ones you accepted, Blaman and Lemon?

#9 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:03 PM

Right now, I've got all of the walking sprites, and I've started on some of the battle poses. I didn't take the in-battle graphics and put them into the sheet. I'm going to edit the sprites to be just like in FF6, unless you don't want me to do that, and would rather me just take FF4's battle graphics and put them in.

#10 SwordOfSeals

SwordOfSeals

Peace now, food later

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 12:50 PM

Your new sprite layout is missing the animations for walking, laughing, finger waddling, etc. Just a heads up.

I'll right right on to making Firion, then.

#11 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 18 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE(blaman @ Dec 18 2008, 12:03 PM) View Post

Right now, I've got all of the walking sprites, and I've started on some of the battle poses. I didn't take the in-battle graphics and put them into the sheet. I'm going to edit the sprites to be just like in FF6, unless you don't want me to do that, and would rather me just take FF4's battle graphics and put them in.

The overworld sprites do not matter because they wouldn't fit with FF6's.
I'd rather you use the battle sprites and add onto them.

------

Good to hear SwordofSeals. icon_smile.gif
I can't wait to see everyone's progress!

------
Edit
------
I'm no longer using bartz, I'm going with FF3's Onion Kid sprite.
This will help me with the plot towards the end.

I'm going to make a new Cloud of Darkness sprite later on.
Anyone who wishes to sprite that, may but if no one else does I will.

Edited by Zemious, 18 December 2008 - 04:09 PM.

#12 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 12:53 PM

Hows the progress coming guys?
I've also got another spriter that may be helping us from over at Deviant Art. icon_smile.gif

That'll make 4 spriters working, but I don't know if some of you have decided to stop or are working diligently on it. :s

#13 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:21 PM

Here's a progress shot:
IPB Image

I based it off of his overworld walking graphic, though it wouldn't be difficult for me to change it to fit his battle graphic more so. Or, if you want, I can try to base it off of his DS version. (I didn't read your post until just now, so I haven't been able to make any changes.) I'm not too keen, though, on his near death/ailment sprite. (But I'll be swapping that out as per to your request.)

#14 Zemious

Zemious

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 01:42 PM

Oh Blaman!
I applaud you for your work!
What you're doing right now looks splendid. It looks custom which is damn fantastic!
I wasn't asking you to do it *completly* custom because of all the more work involved. I was meaning you take the in-game battle sprites and add on to them but what you've done is just amazing!

Keep it up!

Edited by Zemious, 20 December 2008 - 01:45 PM.

#15 SpacemanDan

SpacemanDan

• Members

Posted 20 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

Thank you very much! icon_biggrin.gif I take it you want me to keep it the way it is then? I really don't mind doing the extra spriting work.

Edited by blaman, 20 December 2008 - 02:19 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users