Firefox Not Updating Add-Ons.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:00 PM

I *LOVE* some of my Firefox Add-Ons. I have ImageZoom, which lets you right-click on any image, and there's a Zoom In and Zoom Out feature in that right click context menu. I've grown so that I cannot live without them. I also have Tab Mix Plus and NoScript on it, (Which has been updating itself quite frequently before this problem had arisen.) and all of these are extremely practical on a daily basis, and certainly not just for little giggles and pleasures here and there.

The issue is that the latest version of Firefox (Which I generally download as it asks me to.) is unable to "update" itself. Essentially, I install Add-Ons as usual, (REinstall them, in this case, though I already had them...) and Firefox claims that they'll install and finish when Firefox restarts. So I quit Firefox and open it again, but nothing has changed. I go back to the Add-On menu, and see that everything is still in the same state as I'd left it.

So this version of Firefox (I'll tell you which one it is when I get home....) cannot update anything. I wonder why.

#2 Ben

Ben

a very grumpy

• Members

Posted 28 July 2007 - 09:21 PM

Often, the solution to problems with Firefox is to reinstall Firefox itself. I've had a number of minor issues with it that were all solved by a reinstallation. icon_shrug.gif

#3 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:27 PM

It isn't seeming to be working. Not one of my Add-Ons is working nor obvious that they're there in any way, shape, or form. My bookmarks and Shortcut bar (Beneath the URL bar) are still quite intact though. In the Add-Ons section, all of them are identically "This Add-On will be installed the next time Firefox is restarted." That's what it says for ALL of them.

#4 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

It could be possible that the update just took care of some bugs. Or, the destination path for installing updates is either wrong or the browser has been moved...

#5 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 07:14 PM

Former, isn't possible. Latter is possible, though I didn't do anything at all to change it.

I went and uninstalled it AND went into the My Documents and Settings area and deleted a lot of profile information. My Shortcut bar is still intact, thank god, and I've already went ahead and gotten a whole messa extensions, thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users