Which was harder?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Nightmare

Nightmare

Original ZC Tester

• Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:55 AM

Just wondering, which of the quests was more difficult?

Just wondering if anybody's played both.

-James

#2 Clarity

Clarity

• Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:41 AM

Tried both, sorry don't like any of the quests.
The gameplay is terrible & the way you try to make it insanely hard is a serious turn off.
You should work to make a serious improvement by changing to a better looking tilese like Pure or LTTP.
What appeals to players is eye candy & great gameplay, meaning to say you allow the player to do exploration without having to focus too much attention on hand eye coordination like dodging fireballs.
If you want good quest making, try play Hidden Duality or Link's Birthday, those are popular with players icon_smile.gif

#3 Neppy

Neppy

Grand Overlord Empress

• Members

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:30 AM

They were alright, but too hard. I hate dieing all the time. They would be good for super hardcore quest players. I'm not one of those.

#4 Joe

Joe

Junior

• Members

Posted 30 September 2004 - 07:17 AM

Both of these are insane in the difficulty of the battles that needed to be won. They wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. I did however play and eventually win both (with more than 0 deaths by the way). I thought they were well designed in spite of the incredibly difficult fight sequences required in many areas. I like many types of dances and enjoyed these very much.

James 1 seemed the hardest because it was the first monster with such an extreme nature that I encountered. James 2 was no walk in the park. Only a person who enjoys anothers pain …

Nasty, but thanks for the quests.

Thanks - Joe

#5 soxfan2k4

soxfan2k4

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 29 June 2008 - 07:41 PM

They are both equally frustrating considering I cant locate a sword or level 2 in either one.........

#6 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2008 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE(Nightmare @ Sep 29 2004, 01:55 AM) View Post

Just wondering, which of the quests was more difficult?

Just wondering if anybody's played both.

-James

Me!!,Me!!
I played both of them,,, and almost loose my two lungs by hard breathing! icon_freak.gif
it took me an eternity to beat number one, this intoxicated me to death!
but I survived and ALAS" allowed me to leave and wait for the "James Quest 3"!!!
Salam...

#7 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 30 June 2008 - 08:50 AM

Both were hard, but JQ1 was a bit harder IMO. They are challenge quests. They are supposed to be hard. What you meant to say, Clarity, is "what appeals to ME..." Please don't purport to speak for all ZC players.

And don't knock classic. Some of my favorite quests utilize the classic graphics. The James Quests are among my favorites. And seriously, they're not THAT bad. He included the sword and ring upgrades. Go play AQF and get back to me.

Edited by FerentzRocks, 30 June 2008 - 04:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users