Plumber's Fury 2.5!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:35 AM

well, im back from a long break of zc, but i just happened to open it up tonight and ideas came rushing to my peanut brain (lol peanut icon_lol.gif icon_eek.gif )

The project is called Plumbers Fury 2.5, and its basically a huge crisis in the mushroom kingdom. im using the mario tileset (found here icon_thumbsup.gif ) and so far ive got a couple screens and a cutscene where toad tells you that princess peach's castle is under attack by an unknown villan. Toad then gives mario the hammer for protection.

...but thats all i got so far icon_sweat.gif icon_heh.gif

Screenies icon_biggrin.gif
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

So... what do you guys think?
Any Ideas?

#2 Schwa

Schwa

Enjoy the Moment more. This strengthens Imagination.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:58 AM

Looks interesting... Is the Hammer the actual "Hammer" or is it the Sword with changed graphics?

And are you actually starting with that much magic and Rupees, err sorry, Coins? Might be better to give Mario only 3 Magic Containers, 'cause it matches his Heart Containers.

I can't say much about the screenshots since it's basically all dialouge. icon_confused.gif Once you get done with some action shots, I'll be able to judge better.

It'd be nice to see a Mario-based Quest besides Exate's Super Nintendo Crisis that's actually good. icon_smile.gif I hope you get this finished.

#3 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 03:35 AM

heh... yea the pics are mostly black but i've got stuff planned icon_wink.gif

once i get to the castle or the first dungeon. (its gonna be before the castle, and before you get to find out who the fiend that attacks the castle is.) im gonna add some more pics.

Schwa, you're always behid every topic i make icon_razz.gif

I feel stalked but in a good way lol icon_lol.gif

EDIT: Yes, it is the normal hammer. Im gonna crank down the attack power on it a bit thouigh. wouldnt want mario to have a banhammer that early in the game icon_lol.gif

Edited by Octorockoncrack, 01 July 2008 - 03:39 AM.

#4 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:18 AM

Crank down power? ...Ohhhhhhh. This is for 2.5b. I thought it was for 2.10. icon_lol.gif

What can I say? I support my friends. icon_smile.gif That means also that I might say things they don't want to hear when I critique them, but it's all beneficial in the long run.

Since you're using 2.5b, don't forget you can give Mario the Stomp Boots/Roc's Feather, allowing him to damage enemies by jumping on them. Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a Mario game, would it? :o

#5 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

Mario returns to Zeldaclassic! The moment I have been waiting for. It's like super nintendo mario crsis all over again. Great stuff keep up the good work. icon_smile.gif

#6 Octorockoncrack

Octorockoncrack

Crystal Warrior

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE(Schwa @ Jul 1 2008, 05:18 AM) View Post

Since you're using 2.5b, don't forget you can give Mario the Stomp Boots/Roc's Feather, allowing him to damage enemies by jumping on them. Otherwise it wouldn't be much of a Mario game, would it? :o

OMFG you can do that? sweet! icon_biggrin.gif

i know there is a way to make those "?" blocks work in 2.5, anyone know how to do that? once i learn that i can make an ultimate sidescrolling-normal view game icon_superevil.gif

i will also have to add that to my paper mario quest! *jots down notes*

#7 Master Maniac

Master Maniac

Earth, Wind, Fire, and Water.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:19 PM

will it be sidescrolling? im a sucker for sidescrolling quests...

but sounds fun! hope it really is icon_razz.gif

#8 asdf5000

asdf5000

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:33 AM

Heh sounds pretty good. I'm glad there will be another Mario for ZC! icon_biggrin.gif But even if it's not a side-scroller (I'm also a sucker for em. icon_razz.gif ) you should still have some side-scrolling areas. (Sorry if your already planning that)

#9 Schwa

Schwa

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:23 PM

I think ?-Blocks need scripting to get to work. Joe could script them for you, or I could, but I only will once you get more of your game done. So I know you'll use them.

Also, your reaction in your last post was priceless. icon_biggrin.gif

#10 Surreal Canine

Surreal Canine

Master of Disaster

• Members

Posted 02 July 2008 - 03:20 PM

I'm behind you 100%. I think Mario deserves more than derogatory "quests" made by psychos like Valerie. And I'm also a big fan of sidescroll. Let's make platforming great again!

And if you think you'll like this, you may also like this. And if you like that, please don't flame this kid. That's my job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users