Photo

Link to the Heavens with the "lost isle zc build"

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 GAG

GAG

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:45 PM

Hi. I was unlucky enough to play deep into the Link to the Heavens quest, with the wrong Zelda Classic build. Since I only got the "lost isle zc build" to work at first (able to run 2.10 now anyway), I carelessly played for hours and hours with Link to the Heavens.

Everyting worked well, untill level 4, the ice dungeon. After blowing my way out of this dungeon in the room to the right of the entrance, I found a chest with a key inside. "Just the right key for the locked door in the entrance-room", I said to myself, but guess what; the friggin key constantly refuse to open the only locked door I can access in this dungeon. This has to be a bug, right?

After getting ZC 2.10 up and ready in Vista, I moved the required savegame (Link to the Heavens) to that folder, but somehow that ZC build wouldn't even consider opening my savegame.

Is there any way to somehow convert a ZC 2.11 Lost Isle Build savegame to a ZC 2.10 compatible version? It would kinda suck to play it all over again, just to pass that friggin locked door at level 4.

#2 Theryan

Theryan

Burrito

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 12:58 PM

No, you can't. Always play quests in the version that they were made in.

#3 jerome

jerome

"Ducks eat for free at Subway"

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:50 PM

About the only thing you can attempt to do is download the newest build and try to open your save file in that. No guarantee that it'll work.

Most of the builds are/seem backwards compatible, but not the other way around. You can run a 2.10 file in v798, but not a v798 in 2.10. Kind of like you can run a Windows 95 program in XP, but not an XP program in Windows 95.

Go for the newest build to get the most bug free version that you can if you are not wanting to start over.

#4 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:57 PM

And if you don't know, you can find the builds at www.shardstorm.com icon_wink.gif

#5 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 10 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

Okay, this is the fifth case I've heard of people get stuck here because they used the Lost Isle build. DON'T USE THE LOST ISLE BUILD FOR ANYTHING BUT LOST ISLE AND ORIGIN!

Anyways, just copy the file "zc.sav" to the newest build, and it should work fine.

#6 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

yes, the Lost Isle build tends to be (mostly) backwards compatible with all pre 2.10 based quests. But using anything 2.10 or higher will tend to screw you over with the Lost Isle build.

#7 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 10 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

Can I play Lost Isle on the newest beta (813?). Or does it have to be the LI build and only the LI build? I don't like having to download too many different versions.

#8 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:20 AM

Lost Isle HASto be played on the Lost Isle build... I thought that was pretty obvious. -.-

#9 AntonJ3000

AntonJ3000

Junior

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:17 AM

QUOTE(Migokalle @ Jun 11 2008, 07:20 AM) View Post

Lost Isle HASto be played on the Lost Isle build... I thought that was pretty obvious. -.-

Whats the special thing about Lost Isle build?
Do it have some modified stuff?

#10 Link1

Link1

Senior

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 07:44 AM

QUOTE(AntonJ3000 @ Jun 11 2008, 10:17 AM) View Post

Whats the special thing about Lost Isle build?
Do it have some modified stuff?

It's build 254(?) with a load of bugs fixed.

#11 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:09 AM

Right, but aren't the very newest betas pretty much backwards compatible without problems? I mean, I know 2.10 won't play LI, but I figured the newest beta might. Right now I play quests on 2.10 but I've been thinking about upgrading to a beta build since it sounds like they're getting quite stable and there's some 2.5 quests and demos I'd like to try.

#12 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 08:19 AM

No, the newest builds have changed something that alters they way FFC's works... so... since Petoe ad DFW started to build it in an earlier build, from, before this was changed, it won't work on the newer ones. And the LI build has some things that the older builds lacks... icon_biggrin.gif

#13 SofaKing

SofaKing

Defender

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:31 AM

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.

#14 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:41 AM

Yeah, one more time to make it perfectly clear:
do not play Lost Isle and Origin with any other version of ZC than the Lost Isle Build!

And do not play any other quests with the Lost Isle Build than Lost Isle and Origin or you might get screwed.

icon_smile.gif

#15 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:46 PM

although...I did test ALL my old quests on the Lost Isle build and they all work perfectly (every one of them) With the exception of Like Likes eating all your shields permenantly until you get the mirror shield, all my older quests work fine on the LI Build. (its been tested by me) Just don't get your shield eaten by a Like Like, regardless of which one you have until you get the mirror shield. Since the Like Like shield rule wasn't implemented in the old quests.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users