Photo

Accr89 Poll #6 May 27, 2008

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Level designing is the key to success in making a zeldaclassic game.

What was your favorite level in lost isle? Remember pick your best choice for greatest design.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 09:55 PM

I picked level 4 because i believe in my eyes that it took the most work to complete.

Either Level 4 or 2 so picked level 4 just because I personally like where you had to shut down the factory to get to different locations then turn the power bcak to continue.

Old classic Moments, Good Times!!! icon_smile.gif icon_cool.gif icon_smile.gif icon_smile.gif icon_cool.gif icon_smile.gif

#2 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:19 PM

I voted for level 4. Just the fact that it was unlike any other Zelda level made me vote for it. Although level five (volcanic caves and end temple) was actually my favorite, but it's not on the list.

#3 Nathaniel

Nathaniel

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

Level 5 was much smaller than those other 4 levels in comparison, but there were many other levels in the game as well, although they weren't numbered:

The Optional 6 Triforce Dungeons
The Dream Dungeon
The Ice Palace
The Cultist Cave
The Catacombs
The Oderra Hideout
The Master Dome

Lots of awesome levels there.

As for levels 1-4, my favorite is definitely 4 for its high creativity and challenging puzzles. You really have to think when it comes to unlocking a few of those gates. Also, the custom boss battles in that level were especially well done.

For the other levels, I would say my favorite was the Catacombs. So many levels of descension, and so many special clues to take note of as you progress through them. You could really sense the darkness and creepyness of it too. Graphically it is hard to find anything like it (just like many other parts of the quest).

#4 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:44 AM

I had to pick Level 4. I love mech style, it's layout and gameplay was great with some serious extras, the power changing and the gate opening were epic, and... there's story to it! Previously, I thought Peteo hated Mega Man X6...

But I know Peteo likes Level 2 better. But players have a tendency to love dungeons that have the highest Level number... not because the number, mind you.

#5 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 11:22 AM

I'm glad to see some interesting comments. I probably should have put the ones that Nathaniel stated above, but I was only focusing on the main dungeons in the game. I'm sorry I haven't been making these polls in awhile. I probably should start making them again real soon like every week, so next tuesday I'll have another interseting poll to talk about. Until then enjoy life and hang in there.

Edited by Accr89, 28 May 2008 - 11:28 AM.

#6 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:36 PM

Out of the optional levels, I'd go with the catacombs. It's so dark and creepy. Although the dream was also amazing. And funny!

#7 Shoelace

Shoelace

The Shaman of Sexy!

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 28 May 2008 - 01:52 PM

I have to go with Level 2. It could have been more polished in certain areas, but the design was great. I thought it was a masterpiece, definitely my favorite place in the game.

#8 DarkFlameWolf

DarkFlameWolf

Murana Wolford

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:27 PM

I personally like the Mech Factory (who said it was bio? It made robots, not creatures! lol) myself with the sky garden (fortress wtf? its a garden ya nit!) being a very close second. I'll admit the garden is confusing as frick and that secret pathway underneath the catwalk probably stumped many people (even though I told Peteo a hundred times to make it more obvious, he didn't), it is still an awesom level.
As for the optional levels, the Catacombs is definitely an awesome one, the dream dungeon is a fun one to play through, however the ice palace is probably the lowest one on my list since its....well...boring. The boss is awesome however.
The six triforce dungeons are a breath of fresh air, especially since each one has a special gimmick to solve/complete.

#9 jman2050

jman2050

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 01:29 PM

Level 2, followed closely by Level 4

#10 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

Sorry DarkFlameWolf I just haven't played the game in awhile thats all.
So I just made up the best names possible to match the levels that were created on Lost Isle.

Oh and I got the main factory mixed up with the laboratory part of the fourth level my bad! icon_redface.gif

I hope you all have enjoyed my 7th poll. My 8th poll will be something a tad bit different. icon_wink.gif

Edited by Accr89, 29 May 2008 - 02:03 PM.

#11 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 03:33 AM

QUOTE(CastChaos @ May 28 2008, 11:44 AM) View Post

But I know Peteo likes Level 2 better.

Well yeah. Level 4 was the hardest level to make and it's the level I'm most proud of because I still don't know how I was able to build something so complex and still make it work. icon_blink.gif

But Level 2 is still my favorite level because IMO it is the best looking area in the game and I just love the atmosphere. It's not a perfect level because those under catwalk-parts can be a bit annoying, but other than that I think it is a great level and it is the favorite of all the levels I have done in Lost Isle or in MMDWR. icon_smile.gif

#12 Accr89

Accr89

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:43 AM

Wow it is a tie between level 2 and level 4. Would you look at that!!!! icon_cool.gif

#13 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:21 AM

Yeah, it's a tie, awesome. icon_smile.gif
I'm glad to see people like those 2 the most since level 3 is bit more like a "traditional" level and not so special as these 2 that are leading.

The poll would have been much better if all the bonus levels were included, but oh well, too late to change that now. icon_razz.gif

#14 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:33 AM

I voted for Lv4.
Who did design Plague Knight and figther?

#15 Sephiroth

Sephiroth

The Legendary Sephiroth

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:13 AM

I voted 4. Hands down excellent level with perfect execution for it. icon_smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users