Hidden Mysteries Demo

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 02:27 PM

****, that's one of those strange bugs in ZC, ZC actually took you to Map 5 instead of 1, I think it had to do with continueing in houses.

So, people, I think you can solve this temporarily by saving after you exited a house.

Qiot Isle is just a later area, you can't do much, except for going into houses.

Edit: You really can't go back? Just walk a little further towards the guy, he should take you back, you exit the house and well, you can't do anything after then unless it works, I send you the level 3 cheatcode.

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 24 May 2008 - 02:29 PM.

#17 ms_zelda_lady

ms_zelda_lady

Warrior

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 03:50 PM

Don't send me the cheat code. I restarted my game and I am currently trying to get thru Twin Leaf Cellar. I've gotten 2 keys, the arrow and I'm trying to get thu that darn path to hopefully that large chest I saw earlier in the level.
Btw I wasn't in a house when I saved that first game. I was outside of the house where you buy the boomerang. If I would have had a ladder I would have been able to walk over the hole in the bridge where the beach is.

Edited by ms_zelda_lady, 24 May 2008 - 03:51 PM.

#18 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 24 May 2008 - 04:21 PM

Ok, thanks for the effort ms_zelda_lady.
If you have the arrow..., you need the bow. Try to slash every object on your way.
And yes, I know that, but the bug may be caused because ZC registered the continue point in the house Dmap, since the continue screen of the Dmap is plainly 00, you will be taken to the screen. (which is the old man's house) Or else this is one of those weird bugs that occur in ZC.
You also don't need a ladder to go over the bridge, it will be repaired later on, but you won't get to it in this demo.

#19 Son

Son

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 07:21 AM

This is a decent demo, but it had a lot of bugs. There where many trees you could get stuck on, near the sign that say fishing is allowed you can get stuck in the water and die. The bombchus killed you almost instantly with 3 hearts. Also, i didn't like walking on to a screen with solid combos one tile in front of me. Try using others scripts such as, the real npc script and the sign post script, this could make your quest much better and it's much more easy then setting up a warp next to a sign. I like the way you used the minish cap caves icon_smile.gif .

#20 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 25 May 2008 - 09:06 AM

I have fixed the serious bug ms_zelda_lady found, at least, I tried.
Anyone who downloads the file now, won't have problems, hopefully.

@Son: Transition bugs? I think I'll check everything in Large mode with the betas then. The water drowning: Yeah, why did I actually checked that rule. I will change that. I already checked out those scripts as well. They are pretty neat, I think I'll implement those sometime. Thanks.

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 25 May 2008 - 09:11 AM.

#21 Akkabus

Akkabus

Illustrious

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 01:09 AM

excellent demo, twilight_knight. here are some bugs i found:

sign doesn't work properly:
http://b.imagehost.o...19/zelda001.gif

second item is missing:
http://b.imagehost.o...35/zelda002.gif

you can drown if you move one screen right:
http://b.imagehost.o...30/zelda003.gif

undercombo:
http://b.imagehost.o...23/zelda004.gif

enemies can get stuck:
http://b.imagehost.o...45/zelda005.gif

annoying panel, impossible to avoid:
http://b.imagehost.o...52/zelda006.gif

after killing bomb-chus and exiting the screen, you end up here:
http://b.imagehost.o...99/zelda007.gif

for some reason, this room is a continue point:
http://b.imagehost.o...12/zelda008.gif

also,

- i thought there were too many bomb-chus at the very beginning of the quest.

- there's no heart container after beating the snail boss?

- rozala beach has no enemies

- maybe you can put a shortcut to the boss at level 1. if you die, you have a long way to walk.

most of these bugs are harmless and they didn't stop me from enjoying the demo. i think it's going to turn out to be a great quest. good luck with it!

#22 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 05:11 AM

Thank you very much for the bugs Akkabus! I have fixed the drowable water thing already. The missing item is a fairy stationary, I think I haven't set the sprite. That sign should work..., I'll check what's wrong. Undercombo should be a secret combo, I probably forgot to set it. The enemies getting stuck is a beta bug, I already reported it, but Developers were to lazy to even give comments on it. The panel will be placed elsewhere. The thing with bombchu room was a continue error, the same for that screen which leads to B2, I'll fix it somehow.

The suggestions:
-The bombchu's... I think I'll replace some and make it a little harder on the southern(not accesable) part.
-Boss should have a Heart. icon_sweat.gif I totally forgot, thanks for mentioning.
-Rozala Beach is indeed withouth enemies, because it's not finished yet.
-I think I'll make a shortcut for it yes.

So thanks for all these bugs Akkabus, I will fix all and reupload the demo. icon_smile.gif

#23 DarkFlameSheep

DarkFlameSheep

Vanice in DFS' heart

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 07:08 AM

I think overworld is really beautiful, but I can't return village. icon_cry.gif
IPB Image

#24 vravelo

vravelo

I was killed a lot""---, try me now..!

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 08:23 AM

mmm...!
I'm no to sure if those moving things are rats or bombchuts.. they looks like RATS " me,
one of those thing just killed me for nothing, when I push continue, got stocked on that tree
and can't do nothing, , only option was reseting the system... better way till this is fixed

#25 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:56 PM

Vravelo, could you tell me which tree or even better show a screenshot? I can fix it then. icon_smile.gif
Btw, those are bombchu's, they are standard within the DoR 2.0 tileset.

QUOTE(Nameless @ May 26 2008, 02:08 PM) View Post

I think overworld is really beautiful, but I can't return village. icon_cry.gif
IPB Image

Thank you very much for sending that Nameless! For now..., go to any screen in Rozala Field and save there and then play the quest again, see where you appear then. Other people, don't save in Bloomsville untill I upload a bugfixed version.

EDIT: So, I think I've fixed most bugs. The annoying continue bug is gone now to, as long as you save after you have visited Eastern Plains or Bloomsville at least once.

Edited by Twilight_Knight, 26 May 2008 - 02:35 PM.

#26 CastChaos

CastChaos

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 May 2008 - 05:02 PM

Seems like I'm not the star of betatesting then. Nevermind, at least the players are helpful.

I saw that the boatman won't take you back from Qiot Isle, but I thought you didn't even wanted that, since Qiot Isle wasn't supposed to be in the demo. My mistake. Anyway: "Entrance/Exit" warps make you continue from where they took you, and side warps set continue points, too. It's funky in 2.10, too, so no wonder it requires extra work in 2.5.

Also, remember: if the "continue here" checkbox isn't checked, you DON'T continue from the screen that is written in the "continue" form.

#27 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 04:01 AM

Yes, the continue box is checked in TwinLeaf Cellar on the right screen too, but Link always continues after stairs, even if I set the "Don't continue here" screen flag. =\
So the old guy really don't take you back? It should work... I'll fix it somehow.

In a few days I upload the demo again, with hopefully everything fixed and prepared. Just take the current demo as "test".

#28 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 28 May 2008 - 08:14 AM

Yo Twilight_Knight, L has confirmed the enemy spawn bug if you hadn't noticed icon_smile.gif the issue is not that the enemy spawn code completely ignores solid combo's, it's just that it gives up on checking for solid combo's if there is not enough spots in the patterns it uses for placing enemies.

#29 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 05:20 AM

Ah, look! There happened something good, finally.
Thanks for mentioning it franpa, even though it's not really on-topic. icon_wink.gif

#30 ZebraStallion

ZebraStallion

Follower of Destiny

• Members

Posted 29 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

Arg! I accidentally deleted my file without being able to see the boss. Can you make a video of the boss fight? Everyone is talking about how great it was... icon_cry.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users