Photo

"Oversized" Backgrounds/Transparent Overhangs & "Mo

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Linkus

Linkus

• Members

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:44 PM

Pretty much this: While Link moves, the background or overhang show moves around fourth speed in the opposite direction, giving the illusion that the camera is "moving" along with him. (Not Z3 Movement!) However, are FFCs still limited to a 4x4 tile area, or can it be extended by script?

If you need to know, the planned size of these backgrounds and overhangs are around 18x16.

Also, is there any way to have a transparent effect move diagonally and wrap around the screen, instead of having to combo all those tiles?

#2 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:49 AM

Actually, you might be able to do that with DrawTile, and just make it draw a block the size of the screen.

I might have a look into it, but I don't see how it'd scroll round and duplicate itself, without having 3 DrawTiles.
That might be ok though.

And I don't really get what you mean about the transparent thing, but you wouldn't need to combo all the tiles to make it do that.
What you would have to do would be to draw all of your screen on layer 1/2 though.

#3 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Feb 14 2008, 04:49 AM) View Post

And I don't really get what you mean about the transparent thing, but you wouldn't need to combo all the tiles to make it do that.

I think he means like in LttP. Remember how the rain and fog would be transparent, but would move across the screen when he moved?

#4 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

Oh, you could have a transparent drawtile on layer 6 or whatever, that's quite feasable yes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users