Jump with button script...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:27 AM

I know it can be done, and I think it has but I can't find it. Not in AGN either. So I want a script that let's you jump using the "L" button, leaving the two item buttons still useable. Please. Thanks.

Oh yeah, also. I want the jumping height to be 2 and a half tiles high. Please. Thanks. Again.

Take a look down there, new request.

Edited by LinkMystro, 21 January 2008 - 10:22 PM.

#2 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE(LinkMystro @ Jan 21 2008, 01:27 AM) View Post

I know it can be done, and I think it has but I can't find it. Not in AGN either. So I want a script that let's you jump using the "L" button, leaving the two item buttons still useable. Please. Thanks.

Oh yeah, also. I want the jumping height to be 2 and a half tiles high. Please. Thanks. Again.

Check C-Dawg's "Zodiac" quest. It's unlocked, and has the EXACT script you want. XD Exact button, too. Not sure about the height, might be just 1 tile. But hey, that could be modified, right? icon_wink.gif (Maybe I'll check it out one day and see if I can't change that.)

#3 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 03:54 AM

Alright so I checked it out. Looked at the script. Looked at the script some more. And some more. Then I realized that I had no idea where this jump code was. Well actually I knew that general stuff, but there was all this other stuff in it, that I got so confused icon_frown.gif . I felt like a two year old. Okay maybe 10. I'm not that dumb. Yeah so I still need help. Please. Thanks.

Edited by LinkMystro, 21 January 2008 - 03:55 AM.

#4 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:03 PM

Do you want this for sideview or for top down?

C-'s is for top down, and it's also incorporated into a very large script that deals with a lot of functions.

#5 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:19 PM

I want it for sideview. That's it.

#6 Nimono

Nimono

Ultra Miyoa Extraordinaire!

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE(Joe123 @ Jan 21 2008, 12:03 PM) View Post

Do you want this for sideview or for top down?

C-'s is for top down, and it's also incorporated into a very large script that deals with a lot of functions.

You have it backwards. His is for SIDEVIEW. Okay? All his scripts were made for sideview, not top-down. (Remember, top-down is NORMAL gameplay, not the gravity stuff.)

LinkMystro, you don't need to know where the jumping code is at. The whole SCRIPT handles jumping, and allows for items to extend jumps, allow for extra jumps, etc. So there. icon_wink.gif

#7 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(Matthew @ Jan 21 2008, 05:55 PM) View Post

You have it backwards. His is for SIDEVIEW. Okay? All his scripts were made for sideview, not top-down. (Remember, top-down is NORMAL gameplay, not the gravity stuff.)

LinkMystro, you don't need to know where the jumping code is at. The whole SCRIPT handles jumping, and allows for items to extend jumps, allow for extra jumps, etc. So there. icon_wink.gif

Oops, just a slip up there, I meant sideview.

And wouldn't it be best to crop down the script a bit?

If he doesn't want the extra functionality then it's a bit of a waste of space to have it there even.

#8 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:46 PM

Ok. I exported the script, imported the script, compiled the script, put in the jump script...and it didn't work. I pressed L put nothing. Is there something else I need to do?

Ok, so it works but I want a different script. I don't know if this one is possible but I'll ask anyway. Is there a way to make it so that L activates Roc's feather. It won't bother me if Roc's feather can be equipped as well, I just want it so that L always activate Roc's Feather. Please. Thanks.

Edited by LinkMystro, 21 January 2008 - 10:26 PM.

#9 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 02:58 AM

No.
Sorry.

#10 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

Wait - it's impossible to make the L-Button activate an item!?

#11 Russ

Russ

Caelan, the Encouraging

• Administrators

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:50 AM

QUOTE(LostInHyru1e @ Jan 24 2008, 07:49 AM) View Post

Wait - it's impossible to make the L-Button activate an item!?

No. At least, I don't think so. But it's possible to have it do stuff with scripts, like make Link roll.

Edit: Post 600!!!

Edited by russadwan, 24 January 2008 - 10:51 AM.

#12 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 January 2008 - 10:54 AM

How'd you have it do that, LiH?

ZScript has very little control over built-in items.

What you could do was say:
CODE
if(Link->InputL){Link->InputA;}

Which would make Link slash when you press L, but it wouldn't be all too helpful really, because you can't access non-equipped items at all in terms of functionality.

#13 ElLibertador

ElLibertador

Love and Peace

• Members

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

Well could you make it that when you press L it equips it to your A button? That would be just as good. I already got over it but this would be helpful.

Edited by LinkMystro, 24 January 2008 - 11:16 AM.

#14 Joe123

Joe123

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:25 PM

No, you can't make things equipped or check what is equipped.

Well, actually you can remove all items from Link's inventory apart from the one you want equipped, then add them again.

But it's cumbersome and might be buggy.

And I don't know whether the item would go onto the A or B button.

#15 LostInHyru1e

LostInHyru1e

Can you take me as far as PureZC?

• Members

Posted 24 January 2008 - 04:13 PM

Joe - couldn't you then make a Custom exact replica of the Roc's Feather and check for that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users