Alisa~

• Members

Posted 29 July 2008 - 05:23 PM

And that is exactly why I am going to go find Dr. Light Right now! ^^;;

#602 bigpontus

bigpontus

• Members

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:27 PM

I've been playing Mega Man quest up to the fourth dungeon (? Dome) and enjoyed it so far. But now I've run into a bit of trouble icon_sigh.gif :

After entering the boss room, where the Triforce was seen, and saving and quitting, I ended up stuck in the corner of a room on the upper floor. Now I'm stuck up there... permanently icon_cry.gif

Because of this, I would like to ask you, Peteo, (I do it here since I can't PM you) for this:

Would you be so kind as to send me a version of the game with cheats enabled along with a level 2 cheat so that I can easily get back to where I was on a new file. PM me for my e-mail.

#603 Old-Skool

Old-Skool

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:42 PM

bigpontus,I know exactly where you are in the game and where you end up, because the same thing happened to me (only I died at the boss.) You're using the wrong version of Zelda Classic. Go down a version or two. This is a much simpler solution than asking a questmaker to make a whole nother version. icon_wink.gif

#604 bigpontus

bigpontus

• Members

Posted 02 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

Well, never mind about my last post now. A friend sent me a copy of his file icon_biggrin.gif so that I can continue playing-- and this time I'll be keeping two backup files just in case icon_wink.gif .

#605 Jish

Jish

Doyen(ne)

• Members

Posted 17 January 2009 - 12:12 AM

My complete youtube playthrough of this quest has just been finished. It took 70 segments, each about 10-11 minutes long, totaling about 12 hours of gameplay. Anyone who was interested in the quest but could never finish it is encouraged to check it out.

http://www.youtube.c...288EE23E03194AE

Petoe, I hope you'll take this as a compliment and not a way to stop people from playing it themselves. In the post-game party thing, your character says that it would be nice to spread the word of the quest and introduce it to people, and I think I've done a pretty good job of that.

Edited by Jish, 17 January 2009 - 12:14 AM.

#606 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 22 January 2009 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE(Jish @ Jan 17 2009, 07:12 AM) View Post

My complete youtube playthrough of this quest has just been finished. It took 70 segments, each about 10-11 minutes long, totaling about 12 hours of gameplay. Anyone who was interested in the quest but could never finish it is encouraged to check it out.

http://www.youtube.c...288EE23E03194AE

Petoe, I hope you'll take this as a compliment and not a way to stop people from playing it themselves. In the post-game party thing, your character says that it would be nice to spread the word of the quest and introduce it to people, and I think I've done a pretty good job of that.

Woah! I appreciate what you have done. icon_thumbsup.gif

MMDWR DC was released so long ago that I don't mind, especially now that I have unfortunately retired from ZC and dropped the MMDWR DC update project.

Thanks alot!

Everyone go check out the videos to see why MMDWR was such a high rated quest, and is still considered the best by some people.

#607 Sir Bogomoloff

Sir Bogomoloff

Initiate

• Members

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:42 PM

Oh this looks like a fun quest with cool graphics but because of those videos there's no need for me to play this MMDWR, Thanks jish guy! icon_smile.gif

#608 Guest_Archaic (Guest)

Guest_Archaic (Guest)
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2010 - 06:35 PM

QUOTE(Peteo @ Dec 17 2007, 11:14 AM) View Post

Ah, now I get it.
Well, I would never recommend anyone to play MMDWR with any other version of ZC than 1.92 b183.

But of course it would be helpful for ZC if someone took the risk and played MMDWR with the newest builds and reported all the bugs and backwards compatibility issues. I plan to play MMDWR with a new build during one of these days and see what happens...

I came across nothing wrong up to level 4, except this HORRIBLE bug where I'm stuck in the corner of the '? Dome' and can't continue playing.

I know it's old and I'm playing on 2.10 (Hey, I'm not experienced with Zelda Classic), but I really want to keep playing this quest. Infact, this is pretty much the only reason I'm even interested in ZC altogether, so is there anything anyone can do to help me, at least so I don't have to start all the way over again?

QUOTE(Archaic @ Mar 8 2010, 05:34 PM) View Post

I came across nothing wrong up to level 4, except this HORRIBLE bug where I'm stuck in the corner of the '? Dome' and can't continue playing.

I know it's old and I'm playing on 2.10 (Hey, I'm not experienced with Zelda Classic), but I really want to keep playing this quest. Infact, this is pretty much the only reason I'm even interested in ZC altogether, so is there anything anyone can do to help me, at least so I don't have to start all the way over again?

I noticed Peteo's been on a couple of times since I tried contact, but he must not have seen my messages or something.. Also I sent screenshots of my problem, is there any way you can help me? I just want to beat the game fair and square, but I've gotten too far to ever want to start over, and I really enjoy the game and want to finish it.

By the way, I tried downloading Lost Isle around the same time I first downloaded MMDWR:DC, but I was using the wrong build, in my boredom searching for something to replace Megaman (I don't remember playing a more fun Zelda for me, being a huge MM/MMX series fan) I tried out LI, and it looks really good. It's amazing what you can do with cutscenes.

Wandered around without a sword for awhile until I was killed by a bat. xD
Then I wanted to play more MMDWR. icon_frown.gif

Also, sorry to be a bother, I'm somewhat losing my mind like never before over a game file loss. icon_rolleyes.gif

Edit: Sorry for the information mess up, I'm not used to these forum controls. icon_freak.gif

Edited by Archaic, 08 March 2010 - 06:37 PM.

#609 cousinoer5

cousinoer5

Ohana#0055

• Members

Posted 09 March 2010 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE(Archaic @ Mar 8 2010, 06:35 PM) View Post

I noticed Peteo's been on a couple of times since I tried contact, but he must not have seen my messages or something.. Also I sent screenshots of my problem, is there any way you can help me? I just want to beat the game fair and square, but I've gotten too far to ever want to start over, and I really enjoy the game and want to finish it.

By the way, I tried downloading Lost Isle around the same time I first downloaded MMDWR:DC, but I was using the wrong build, in my boredom searching for something to replace Megaman (I don't remember playing a more fun Zelda for me, being a huge MM/MMX series fan) I tried out LI, and it looks really good. It's amazing what you can do with cutscenes.

Wandered around without a sword for awhile until I was killed by a bat. xD
Then I wanted to play more MMDWR. icon_frown.gif

Also, sorry to be a bother, I'm somewhat losing my mind like never before over a game file loss. icon_rolleyes.gif

Edit: Sorry for the information mess up, I'm not used to these forum controls. icon_freak.gif

The bad news is, these evil continue bugs usually mean that save file is done for icon_frown.gif . I played this quest in 2.10 also, and ran into my fair share of those bugs. What I did was after each dungeon, I would save and quit, and copy the save file. That way, if I did get a continue bug in the next dungeon, I would only have to start from the last place I backed up my save at (I only learned this technique after I had a continue bug mess up my only save file).

Another good strategy is: Before you save your game, hit Continue first to see where you would start. If you start in a normal location, you should be good, then you can save. If not, hopefully you saved successfully not too long ago.

It may seem overwhelming to have to start over again, but if you do, you'll probably be able to get back to where you were a lot quicker since you know exactly what to do up to that point icon_wink.gif . I had a continue bug happen to me when I was in the 6th dungeon. It was kind of heart breaking, but I just took a break from it for a while, then came back and completed the quest from the beginning.

So my suggestion is, play Lost Isle to take your mind off of it, then once your ready to give this quest another shot, back up your save often, and check where you'll continue when you want to save. (Or you could get ZC 1.92 b183)

#610 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 11 March 2010 - 01:00 PM

Hello, Archaic!

I did receive your PM and I did read it, but I was in a hurry and completely forgot to reply back. Very sorry!

Anyways, I'm happy that you have enjoyed MMDWR DC and I would love to help. But... you are playing the quest with a wrong version of Zelda Classic and that makes things so complicated. Even if I made a quick fix for you to help you out of this mess, you would probably end up stuck again later in the game. Yeah, it's frustrating that there are so many different versions of Zelda Classic, I know. >_<

Unfortunately all I can say to you is what cousinoer5 said: Play Lost Isle to take your mind off of this mess, and when you're ready to give this quest another shot again, play it with a correct version of ZC and make backups of your saves every now and then just in case.

- Pete

#611 Kio Terra

Kio Terra

• Members

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:38 AM

I need help...I'm at the factory and I died fighting the gigantic fish bot(2nd) and now I'm stuck in a wall. icon_mad.gif I don't want to start over so please help icon_biggrin.gif

#612 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 28 October 2010 - 08:50 AM

So every time you start the quest, you start inside a wall?

#613 Kio Terra

Kio Terra

• Members

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:59 PM

sadly yes icon_frown.gif

#614 Mister Snooze

Mister Snooze

Paladin

• Members

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:28 PM

Started this quest years ago and must have gotten sidetracked by another because I didn't even get to the first level. Though I would start again if anyone wants to join me. It looks like fun.

#615 Peteo

Peteo

Back in Business!

• Members

Posted 19 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

It's a tough, but rewarding quest if you manage to beat it. Be sure to report your progress. icon_smile.gif

Just be aware that there seems to be lurking a nasty continue bug around the 6th level of the game, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to keep a backup copy of your save file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users