Sonic Boom

TV Series Video Game Wii U 3DS Cartoon Network

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#61 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 12 November 2014 - 12:55 PM

A mild complaint that I have is that the episodes are in a 10 minutes format, rather than a 21 minute format. If it were this way, I'm sure we would've had an episode explaining who Sticks was.

I think the two games are supposed to be prequels to the series. Sticks might be explained in those games. :shrug:

I also watched the first episode and I admittedly kinda liked it. I was thinking "this is so silly" sometimes, but I didn't think it was terrible. But admittedly, I dunno if I'd be able to watch this if Dr. Eggman and his voice wasn't there. The other characters haven't been bad by any means and I did laugh at some of the stuff they did, but Eggman and his evil ham really holds it together for me. :P

• The Satellite likes this

#62 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:34 PM

I really want to like this game. Everything about it is making me want to like it, but it's clearly not finished. Sonic Team really should have learned their lesson by now when it comes to rushing to ship. It's a good concept. It has a lot going for it. Many elements are really awesome. But the end result is not even close.

So apparently this is about the TV show that I just found out about like 2 minutes ago.
I was only aware of Rise of Lyric and Shattered Crystal.

Edited by Fabbrizio, 12 November 2014 - 01:42 PM.

#63 Kite

Kite

• Members

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

This topic is actually about both the games and the show so that was fine. ;)

And yeah. I've heard similar things about the Wii U game so far. I watched the first episode of an LP and there were some pretty terrible lag spikes just within the first 30 minutes. :(

#64 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

This topic is actually about both the games and the show so that was fine. ;)

And yeah. I've heard similar things about the Wii U game so far. I watched the first episode of an LP and there were some pretty terrible lag spikes just within the first 30 minutes. :(

I wasn't aware of any lag, there are just some glaring design flaws that betray a complete lack of playtesting. Egoraptor hit the nail on the head: playing the game feels like YOU'RE the play-tester.

Edited by Fabbrizio, 12 November 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#65 HavoX

HavoX

Has more posts in Doomworld than in PureZC

• Members

Posted 13 November 2014 - 02:12 PM

Seems like the Wii U version is lacking in the QA department...

#66 Nicholas Steel

Nicholas Steel

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 14 November 2014 - 02:31 AM

I like that that article links to a Twitch stream which is offline. This is why I like Youtube/other services, videos are SAVED unlike live streams and are saved at varying qualities to allow low speed internet users to view the content. You can apparently save your streams on Twitch but I think that costs $? So no one does that on Twitch.

#67 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:19 AM

Incorrect, Twitch doesn't require money to save your videos, you can save them as "highlights" at any time.

#68 Fabbrizio

Fabbrizio

Legend

• Members

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:52 PM

I just tried watching the first episode. I really want to like this premise and the new style, but everything is just so ham-handed. I can't do it.

#69 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 08 June 2015 - 10:51 AM

I hope it's fine to revive this after quite a long time, but hey! *Eddy uses Revive*

So, I finally got the chance to watch the Sonic Boom TV series. I saw 2 epsiodes of it so far, and I gotta admit, it's actually pretty neat. Sadly the episodes are only like 10-15 mins long and I would've preferred it to be more full length (like half an hour or so). The 2 episodes I saw seem pretty interesting, especially that one episode where Sonic and Eggman work together. That really did pull a twist on things lol. But yeah, so far, I'm really liking the show and I am definitely gonna be watching more of this.

I also have the game, but haven't really played it yet. I might try it soon enough but at the moment, I'm more caught up on other things... like the show :P

#70 theinsanenexas

theinsanenexas

POSITIVE VIBES

• Members

Posted 08 June 2015 - 12:42 PM

*Luke used revive on his endless hate for the sonic boom games*

#71 The Satellite

The Satellite

May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce.

• Members

Posted 09 June 2015 - 12:37 PM

Incoming terrible decision.

#72 Ventus

Ventus

Legend

• Members

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:00 PM

*watched Video TS Linked* 

*Vomits*

Why don't they let Sonic just Die... God so many shitty games. 

#73 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

Dat comment section.

Well, the game kinda looks cool and the gimmick seems... interesting, but obviously looks are only one thing. People might kill me, but it looks like the game has a little bit of promise, however I dunno how it's gonna turn out. I hope they won't fuck up on this one though lol

• Shane likes this

#74 Avaro

Avaro

o_o

• Members

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

That beginning of the trailer was stupid xD I'm not sure about the game though. Not too fond of the Sonic Boom games. They shouldn't do anything more with the Sonic Boom series. I prefer basically every other Sonic game that was created. But it's too early to judge, that game may be good.

#75 Shane

Shane

💙

• Moderators

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:11 PM

While I am not a fan of Sonic games (nor the atmosphere of this game), I've got a few things to comment on. Since I'm unfamiliar with recent Sonic games, I think it's fair to say these will be unbiased and neutral opinions, so here we go...

• I really think the concept of fire and ice is neat. It could make some interesting ideas.
  • It looks fun and diverse thanks to the well pacing and character selection.
  • I think the graphical style has always been fun to look at. Still not a big fan of some of the character designs themselves though.
  • Really though? An arrow pointing at where to hit?

I don't think the Sonic series should just die, I still see potential within the series. I think with a game that is considered their worst, they might try their hardest to redeem themselves, which makes more sense. Then again, we have had other kinds games where they got average-at-best/worse sequels (*cough cough* Final Fantasy XIII *cough cough*). But hey, the big red button thing is no longer controlling the game development, I think, so... there might be some hope?

• Eddy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: TV Series, Video Game, Wii U, 3DS, Cartoon Network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users