Link to Tortuga help

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#46 chiefbigcalf

chiefbigcalf

Warrior

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

This is crazy, but I finished level 5 and am making good pace in level 6....but.....where the heck is level 4?????

#47 WindRobe

WindRobe

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:05 PM

level 4 is in the rain forest warp to hillbilly place head south and youll be in the rain forest just head west and ull end up doing some maze puzzle with red swtiches to lvl 4

#48 hamsterboy3

hamsterboy3

• Members

Posted 14 April 2024 - 05:37 PM

Is there supposed to be a way to get onto the roof of the left side of Adobe Flats? There's that stupid barrel, but you can't move it out of the way of the ladder because of the furnace next to it being in the way. I tried everything inside and out and in the end had to enable cheats to progress since getting onto the roof is necessary. I even looked at walkability and in the editor to see if I missed a path, but I clearly didn't.

Edit: Ran into a similar issue in the Rain Forest due to a crab not moving out of the way/the ladder not working.

Edit 2: Yeah, the further I go, the more stuff that seems to be bugged... This definitely needs to be updated to work with 2.55.1

Edited by hamsterboy3, 14 April 2024 - 07:30 PM.

#49 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 17 April 2024 - 05:01 AM

Is there supposed to be a way to get onto the roof of the left side of Adobe Flats? There's that stupid barrel, but you can't move it out of the way of the ladder because of the furnace next to it being in the way. I tried everything inside and out and in the end had to enable cheats to progress since getting onto the roof is necessary. I even looked at walkability and in the editor to see if I missed a path, but I clearly didn't.

Edit: Ran into a similar issue in the Rain Forest due to a crab not moving out of the way/the ladder not working.

Edit 2: Yeah, the further I go, the more stuff that seems to be bugged... This definitely needs to be updated to work with 2.55.1

Yes, you can hookshot from the building to the right. Climb the stairs and hook left. I also use 2.55 and it works perfect.This video can be helpful.  / Lukaz

https://www.youtube....h?v=LGGKucPUDmg

Edited by Lukaz, 17 April 2024 - 05:08 AM.

#50 hamsterboy3

hamsterboy3

• Members

Posted 17 April 2024 - 09:12 PM

Yes, you can hookshot from the building to the right. Climb the stairs and hook left. I also use 2.55 and it works perfect.This video can be helpful.  / Lukaz

https://www.youtube....h?v=LGGKucPUDmg

That part of the roof doesn't even look hookshot-able. There's a lot of stuff that just isn't telegraphed enough, especially in the Rain Forest area. I would have literally never gone against the left side of the professor's room to find a secret library. (Hell, I didn't even find his room in the first place until much later.) There also seems to be a key in one of the underground side-view transition areas of the castle, but only on the way back. I checked for collision/walkability, and there didn't seem to be anyway to get it. Also, the guards kept alerting, so I'm not sure how I would have gotten past them.

#51 Lukaz

Lukaz

Master

• Members

Posted 18 April 2024 - 12:18 PM

That part of the roof doesn't even look hookshot-able. There's a lot of stuff that just isn't telegraphed enough, especially in the Rain Forest area. I would have literally never gone against the left side of the professor's room to find a secret library. (Hell, I didn't even find his room in the first place until much later.) There also seems to be a key in one of the underground side-view transition areas of the castle, but only on the way back. I checked for collision/walkability, and there didn't seem to be anyway to get it. Also, the guards kept alerting, so I'm not sure how I would have gotten past them.

I agree with you. Things could be a little more clear. For example does´nt lens show walkthough walls. I´m replaying this quest now many years later and use .2.55 that works good so far. But I think I have reached a game stop. 

I´m in level 9 and have got all items exept the boss key. In the second room from entrance is a Ganon statue that will be moved by using the whistle and should be the way to the boss. But when I walk through that opening I get transported back to the entrance. If you find a solution for that I would like to know / Lukaz 

Edited by Lukaz, 18 April 2024 - 12:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users