winter legendary

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#31 Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

Eddard McHorn Van-Schnuder

smash the bye button

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:49 AM

I really don't understand how people in this thread can speak about the weather in apocalyptic matters, while I'm literally enjoying a cold beer in shorts and a t-shirt on my balcony. What is going on?!

We had some snow a few weeks ago, and I was able to make a snowman on my balcony, but the snow was all gone three days later. Since then we've had some rain, and we had some seriously strong winds before we had snow, too. Like, crazy shit storm winds, that wrecked everything on my balcony and threw it all into a corner. A bike one of my neighbors had, was blown over the railing and down to the ground 8 floors below. But now? Now everything is super calm. It's not warm, but it's not cold, and out of every single person on this forum, if anyone should be having shit tons of snow right now, it should be me.

But yeah, global warming is bullshit, right guys? Right?

• Shane likes this

#32 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

I really don't understand how people in this thread can speak about the weather in apocalyptic matters, while I'm literally enjoying a cold beer in shorts and a t-shirt on my balcony. What is going on?!

We had some snow a few weeks ago, and I was able to make a snowman on my balcony, but the snow was all gone three days later. Since then we've had some rain, and we had some seriously strong winds before we had snow, too. Like, crazy shit storm winds, that wrecked everything on my balcony and threw it all into a corner. A bike one of my neighbors had, was blown over the railing and down to the ground 8 floors below. But now? Now everything is super calm. It's not warm, but it's not cold, and out of every single person on this forum, if anyone should be having shit tons of snow right now, it should be me.

But yeah, global warming is bullshit, right guys? Right?

Global warming is an absolute lie, but so is global cooling. I think extremes in all areas of weather is much more truthful. People can ignore the signs, but that doesn't make the situation any better.

Edited by Nolornbon, 05 January 2014 - 11:51 AM.

#33 Rambly

Rambly

Hero of Time

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:10 PM

From my layman perspective, "global warming" isn't necessarily a lie, although depending on how you (mis)interpret it, you might consider it a misnomer; the mean temperature of the planet overall is rising and that's what contributes to more extreme/unusual weather patterns.  It doesn't necessarily mean it will be warmer in your area of the planet at whatever point in time.  I am not a climate scientist (my dinky little brain is too devoid of information to understand exactly how the warming global temperature is supposed to make everything all weird), so perhaps take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

So yeah, it's blowing snow pretty hard here.  School's canceled tomorrow because it's supposed to stay below or next to 0 all day.  Fun fun fun.

• Nathaniel and Moonbread like this

#34 SpikeReynolds

SpikeReynolds

Ironically bald furry

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:55 PM

It won't get above freezing for a month over here in New York. I drove to work in the driving snow (no pun intended) for the first time yesterday morning. My car got stuck four times. Much fun was had by all. Didn't meet any polar bears but penguins are always adorable.

Four times? Ouch. Time to upgrade from a 4-banger :P

From my layman perspective, "global warming" isn't necessarily a lie, although depending on how you (mis)interpret it, you might consider it a misnomer; the mean temperature of the planet overall is rising and that's what contributes to more extreme/unusual weather patterns.  It doesn't necessarily mean it will be warmer in your area of the planet at whatever point in time

Well, personally I think it's bunk, but that's a different debate for a different day. Where I live, it's been consistently getting colder year-round, not to mention the polar ice caps have grown by 533,000 square miles this year.

Edited by Fausch, 05 January 2014 - 07:00 PM.

#35 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:57 PM

Oh not at all. I like my vehicle. Although it only has two horsepower.

#36 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Winter here in Sacramento is pretty crazy. Right now it's 66 degrees. Recently, it has been in the 70's for winter, which has been crazy, but at night it is 20 degrees. We got weird climate shifts over here.

#37 David

David

Fallen leaves... adorn my night.

• Administrators

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:20 PM

The U.S. will soon be under a HUGE arctic freeze. In Indiana already, wind chill readings will go down to -45℉, which is really crazy. Plus we just had a foot of snow in 12 hours. I don't know what's happening this year, but winter is crazy.

#38 JetBox

JetBox

Wizard

• Members

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:34 PM

Ya, it's 1 degree in Greenbay for the NFL Playoff game I'm watching. Pretty intense. 5th coldest NFL game ever, I believe.

#39 nicklegends

nicklegends

Trofessional Pransposer

• Contributors

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:38 PM

It 70 degrees Fahrenheit (21 C) where I live today. Thank God for California.
  • strike likes this

#40 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

I don't know the temperature here. All I know is that I had a bottle of water in my car. And it froze overnight. In other words, Jesus it's cold.

#41 Haylee

Haylee

~ Hope of Energy Nede ~

• Members
  • Pronouns:She / Her

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

I don't know the temperatEdit: Posted twice, I blame the phone.

Edited by Goriya, 06 January 2014 - 12:24 PM.

#42 KingPridenia

KingPridenia

King of Pridenia, Safehaven of the LGBTQ

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:34 AM

Back in my day, we'd walk uphill through four feet of snow snow and some few inches of lava to get to school, and then when school let out, there would be another four feet of snow to walk through and even more hills to walk up! Because nobody knew how to walk down a hill in those days so everyone had to have vertically oriented houses with slides in them to get back down.

Obviously I'm no fortune teller nor am I a meteorologist, and I can only speak of what's going on in the present, but I can say with no uncertain amount of confidence that there is a boatload of wind outside and my house is currently two hundred feet in the air.

Oh look, a little girl and her dog.

You forgot the HCBailly quote of "And we liked it!" :P

But yeah, I'm noticing winters are getting more harsh and cold where the summers are killing me. I can't stand the heat very well and I don't do much better when it's -10C or lower (14F).

#43 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Winters where I live tend to alternate between two states: in the first there is some snow and in the second there is none.  It is sad, considering that, twenty years ago, the lakes here would freeze over enough to skate on them; now only a singular pond freezes over enough to skate on it.  As long as eleven years ago there was still enough snow to keep us from using the drive-way for at least a couple of weeks.

#44 )-( Marchland Malady )-(

)-( Marchland Malady )-(

)M( Still No Tombs In The Sims 4 )M(

• Members

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

The Zamboey Winds are blowing outside my house again. The sustained winds are mild right now, but the gusts are noisy and probably at 20 mph. Tragically, the winds won't reach maximum strength until 6:00 PM and they will be blowing all night long (cue the it-sucks-but-its-true nod.) To add to the probability of my bedroom getting near the freezing point, tonight's temperature will be -2 °F. This can be illustrated by the group of emoticons below:

:sly: :evil: :sly:

:evil: :shiver: :evil:

:sly: :evil: :sly:

The cold of tonight will surround me as I sleep. A most unpleasant experience it will be, you see.

#45 Eddy

Eddy

ringle

• Moderators

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:06 PM

My God, sounds like the weather over in the US is getting worse. I really hope you guys get better weather in the future, sounds like it's really bad over there.

There's also been rumours over here that the cold weather in the US is drifting over to the UK, so that's a little scary for us.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: winter, legendary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users