• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(Zeldaman23 @ May 2 2011, 08:57 AM) View Post

Yay! No more Osama Bin Laden rest of our life!

Just because he's gone, doesn't mean we won't get any more extremists icon_shrug.gif. If one falls, two more pop up. We all know this by now, right?

#32 ShadowTiger

ShadowTiger

The Doctor Is In

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

I just realized ... It's amazing what Americans can do when the Playstation Network is down. icon_blah.gif ... ... aahahaha, jokepost.

#33 Moonbread

Moonbread

Playing With Psychos

• Members
  • Pronouns:They / Them

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:11 AM

You realize the CIA found him because his PSN account info was leaked, right?

*Prospekt runs.

#34 Koh

Koh

Tamer Koh

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:44 AM

Who knows, maybe he was the hacker all along...*shot*

#35 Taco Chopper

Taco Chopper

protector of the darn forum

• Administrators
  • Pronouns:He / Him

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:46 AM

As one of my Facebook friends just put it a few minutes ago:
After 10 years, nearly 1 million dead and more than a trillion dollars the might of America has managed to kill one human being (aka the bogeyman). Jeez, I hope the sacrifice of all your hard-fought-for democratic values was worth tonight's fleeting celebration.

#36 Bourkification

Bourkification

Magus

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:56 AM

That's was similar to the first thing I thought of Taco when I first heard the news.

All this blood shed to find and kill one man, whose death will probably just piss Al-Qaeda off even more. Just because Bin Laden is dead, doesn't mean this "war on terrorism" is as well. Humans have fought for as long as our history can recollect. It's human nature to fight, and no matter what the US government thinks, they aren't the worlds police (Team America, f*** yeah! (props if you get the reference)), and they won't bring about world peace.

#37 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE(Robin @ May 2 2011, 04:26 AM) View Post

To put it simply, we are talking about a man who simply does not deserve to live.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. But can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” (Gandalf, ftw!)

#38 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:09 AM

QUOTE(Robin @ May 2 2011, 04:26 AM) View Post
This is a man who's probably the closest to a "supervillain" we'll ever get. We're talking about a man who's been doing a lot more than "just 9/11".

Not when compared to others.
QUOTE(Taco Chopper @ May 2 2011, 08:16 AM) View Post
Did you forget Hitler? I think they're both pretty comparable in terms of destruction to not only their so-called enemies, but also their people (that may not have the same beliefs as either of these leaders and hence are persecuted for it) and followers.

Remind me how 3,000 is comparable to between 11 and 17 million.

The US itself killed over 100 thousand people with one bomb, almost all of them regular citizens.

#39 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:30 AM

I thought he died back in 2001! Umm, I guess he faked it. But if he is dead now, we don't have anything to worry about with him anymore.

#40 William

William

Banditos

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:39 AM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ May 2 2011, 11:30 AM) View Post

I thought he died back in 2001! Umm, I guess he faked it. But if he is dead now, we don't have anything to worry about with him anymore.

I never heard anything about him dying (or faking dying) in 2001. Where did you hear that?

#41 Geoffrey

Geoffrey

Chosen One

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE(William @ May 2 2011, 11:39 AM) View Post

I never heard anything about him dying (or faking dying) in 2001. Where did you hear that?

QUOTE(ShadowTiger @ May 1 2011, 10:59 PM) View Post
Anyway, I doubt this is fully reliable, (Mostly due to people running up and saying it as they usually would.) but that's for you to decide. Sources are in the article.

Read the link.

#42 Tree

Tree

Everything must go away

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

Umm, everywhere. There where several rumors of him dying of massive organ failure. Lots of people believed he died but it must have been a way to hide from true death. Wiki had his death in 2001 on it until now. Now it says how he really died.

#43 Hunter P Brown

Hunter P Brown

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

QUOTE(Keiichi123 @ May 2 2011, 11:47 AM) View Post

Umm, everywhere. There where several rumors of him dying of massive organ failure. Lots of people believed he died but it must have been a way to hide from true death. Wiki had his death in 2001 on it until now. Now it says how he really died.

It's because he was on dialysis machines, usually for kidney failure patients. It was just a rumor though, but usually, when someone is on dialysis, they're probably not gonna make it much longer, for like, two years at the most.

#44 Twilight Knight

Twilight Knight

Tell all with glee, Argon's on PureZC

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:21 PM

I'm happy that the criminal is dead, but I honestly believe it doesn't change a damn thing. Al Qaeda won't stop following their beliefs and use violence to achieve them. The only way to end terrorism and any problem in the world is to take away the cause. The cause isn't Bin Laden or nuclear weapons, you know.

#45 Sheik

Sheik

Deified

• Members

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE(Russ @ May 2 2011, 05:30 AM) View Post

I am so psyched right now. I'm eagerly waiting Obama's announcement. I hope he died a horribly painful death, and I hope we get pictures of him.

And you consider yourself a Christian? I'm disgusted. Like, really, there's more christian in me, and I'm agnostic (and according to NoeL almost-atheist).

Guys, the murdering of another human (and yes, that's what the man was, despite what ever he did or was head of) is always a terrible thing. You can not, and I reapeat, not, fight hatred with hatred. It will bear even more hatred.
I've already posted this on facebook and will post it here, too:
Imagine some fundamental islamists just managed to kill Obama. And than their whole "nation" (or denomination or whatever) started partying and whatnot. How would you feel? The murdering of another human is never a good thing. You can't fight hatred with hatred.
Think about it. Seriously.
Also, this:
Really, a little empathy would do the world so much good. It's not my call to judge anyone, but I am certainly disconcerned here, too. And disappointed in the American government. They should've said to their people that it'd be inappropriate to act as though it's christmas because they managed to kill one of their enemies (who is, after all, another human). That's babaric, and my standarts for what I consider civilisation are pretty low by now...

My two cents, of course. But guys, stop the hate. Please. And start with your own selves, before you move to others.

(This world is so going to hell.)

Edit: Robin, I love you, but no. Every human deserves to live. It's called human dignity and we are born with it. Everyone of us. And it's worthy of protection. There's plenty other ways to handle criminals other than (legally) murdering them.
Also, please don't argue with justice. Justice and moral are the biggest whores the world has ever known. In ancient rome, it was considered to be morally bad to eat dogs. However, it was morally totally okay to keep slaves.

Edited by Sheik91, 02 May 2011 - 01:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users