Debate

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
97 replies to this topic

#31 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:14 PM

I have my own opinion why the bible tried to say things like this, what not to do.

God wasn't threataning us, he was warning us.

Just as a parent would warn his/her child not to do something.

Gays? Well, they are at a serious risk for HIV in this world. Maybe God was warning us not to put ourselves at risk.

God didn't say HE would put them to death. He said they WOULD be put to death. Maybe he was referring to the fact that it would just happen.

Let's think about this. As a race, humans were young. We didn't know a lot of things, so God had to talk to us like we were children. You know how, say, your parents might say "if you do this, bad things will happen to you"? It's becuase it's the only way you would understand. There's a relation there to what God said.

As a race, I'd say that we're the equivilant of a teenager. We're rebellious, disrespectful, and sure that we could be a lot better without our parents (God).

Any questions?

Edited by Stungun, 26 March 2005 - 02:15 PM.

#32 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 26 March 2005 - 03:42 PM

Funny thing is, that by worshipping this person named 'God'. you are, in proxy, worshipping the writers and cult leaders (all religions start out as cults, even Christianity,) who started all this bull****.

Fun fact: None of the founding father's were Christian.

#33 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE(Jaivaz @ Mar 26 2005, 12:42 PM)
Funny thing is, that by worshipping this person named 'God'. you are, in proxy, worshipping the writers and cult leaders (all religions start out as cults, even Christianity,) who started all this bull****.

Fun fact: None of the founding father's were Christian.

That doesn't make sense. I don't really consider myself "Christian", becuase so much that is wrong is associated with that nowadays. I just believe in God and Jesus.

EDIT: ...you know, I can smell topics that are going to be locked soon. And I can definitly tell that there's a stampede of dancing locks coming. 2K and closing.

Edited by Stungun, 26 March 2005 - 05:06 PM.

#34 Sir_Link

Sir_Link

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:35 PM

Wow, I've hardly ever even posted in these boards! But I love debates and I just had to jump into this one! This response to what people have been saying is going to be long, and may get me in trouble...but it will be worth it!

I know that God didn't write the bibble, poepld did.

In a way, God did write the Bible because he spoke to the people and told them what to write. The Bible is the Word of God, not the word of man. God made sure that all of his laws and commandments got written in the Bible to be passed down from generation to generation...and He would have never allowed anything that was just made up by somebody to be put in the scriptures. If you don't think God would have been able to stop someone from adding his own stuff to the Bible, well then you doubt the powers of the Creator of the universe. God made those laws to protect us, like stungun was saying, and he expects us to follow his laws...even if we think we'll be alright and won't get into trouble if we break them.

It's sad that many people are saying the whole "homosexuality is a sin" thing was just thrown in the Bible by people who were afraid of homosexuals because they were different. People are always trying to find an excuse to use so they can justify their sin and make it look okay. The Bible said that one day, evil would be looked upon as good, and good would be looked upon as evil. Homosexuals are being looked as the good people, while Christians are the evil biggots who don't want the homosexuals to be who they are and be happy. I'm not saying that gays aren't good people, I'm just saying that they are defying God, whether society believes it or not, or whether they believe it or not. And while the world keeps telling them to continue to be who they want to be, Christians seem to be the only ones who stand up and tell them the truth, even though we know the world will hate us for it. Also, there is no birth defect that makes a person gay. Science has been trying to prove the existence of a "Gay Gene", but the more they try, the more evidence they find that shows no such gene exists. People say that gays can't help who they are, but they only say this after they hear it on the news, or some gay person tells it to them. The TRUTH is, gays can help who they are. Ask any scientist.

Remember, Satan is always trying to deceive people into thinking the wrong thing is really the right thing. He is the father of all lies. He even gets people to think they are doing God a service, when they are actually going up against His will. I noticed a link in Jaivaz's signature that says An essay with facts of many of the horrid things done in the name of god. I know Javaiz is trying to use that essay to bring Christians down, but really it's a good example of how Satan has decieved religions into thinking they were doing God a service by killing people who were differen't from them. Even Christians were once put to death in the name of God. Religious leaders who followed God, but did not believe Jesus Christ was the Messiah...persecuted the Christians, tortured them, and put them to death in the "in the name of God." All of them were being decieved into thinking they were doing God a great service. Even Jesus himself was put to death "in the name of God". But little did they know, he was God, and rose from the dead three days afterward!

Now, back to the whole homosexual thing. Satan has been trying to turn the whole world against Christians. People hate Christians because they won't except the way things are becoming. However, the Bible has been warning us about these things for 2,000 years!

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather then the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. (Romans 1:25-27)

It was stated that god wants us to choose our own path, correct? So why is this path (that we are natrually born into) so wrong? Why are going to go to hell if your gay?

God "allows" us to choose our own path and there are MANY paths he does not want us to take, but he also does not want to control people like robots. If people want to choose the wrong path that goes against what God says and face the consequences later, then that's their choice. And once again, people are not born with a defect that makes them gay...scientists say they have never found ANY evidence of this.

That's about all I can think to say on this matter. I'm sure I'll probably get a harsh response or PM from somebody. Oh well!

#35 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 26 March 2005 - 04:53 PM

QUOTE(Sir_Link @ Mar 26 2005, 03:35 PM)
Wow, I've hardly ever even posted in these boards! But I love debates and I just had to jump into this one! This response to what people have been saying is going to be long, and may get me in trouble...but it will be worth it!

Welcome, I guess I never got to say that before when you joined, and if I did I do not care for I have no time to go look up a useless topic as such.

In a way, God did write the Bible because he spoke to the people and told them what to write. The Bible is the Word of God, not the word of man. God made sure that all of his laws and commandments got written in the Bible to be passed down from generation to generation...and He would have never allowed anything that was just made up by somebody to be put in the scriptures. If you don't think God would have been able to stop someone from adding his own stuff to the Bible, well then you doubt the powers of the Creator of the universe. God made those laws to protect us, like stungun was saying, and he expects us to follow his laws...even if we think we'll be alright and won't get into trouble if we break them.

And what? He contacted them while they were raping women whom were 'witches'? Do you even know of all the horrid things in that Fairy Tale Book? People selling others, people giving their wives (and daughters!) to prostitution, forcing a nation to eat dove ****, killing babies, raping women and their daughters, and then all the torture.

It's sad that many people are saying the whole "homosexuality is a sin" thing was just thrown in the Bible by people who were afraid of homosexuals because they were different. People are always trying to find an excuse to use so they can justify their sin and make it look okay. The Bible said that one day, evil would be looked upon as good, and good would be looked upon as evil. Homosexuals are being looked as the good people, while Christians are the evil biggots who don't want the homosexuals to be who they are and be happy. I'm not saying that gays aren't good people, I'm just saying that they are defying God, whether society believes it or not, or whether they believe it or not. And while the world keeps telling them to continue to be who they want to be, Christians seem to be the only ones who stand up and tell them the truth, even though we know the world will hate us for it. Also, there is no birth defect that makes a person gay. Science has been trying to prove the existence of a "Gay Gene", but the more they try, the more evidence they find that shows no such gene exists. People say that gays can't help who they are, but they only say this after they hear it on the news, or some gay person tells it to them. The TRUTH is, gays can help who they are. Ask any scientist.

But what if they enjoy being gay? Personally, I think of myself as bisexual, and I see so much bull**** about homosexauls being evil. I know many homosexuals, and some of them are Christians! Some have even left the said religion because of the guilt and acusitions. And even if they haven't found the"Gay Gene", they haven't found any Genes of 'God', now have they? Didn't think so. And if you really exist, bloated Jehovah, come down before me so that I may pluck the beared you wear and smash thy face!

Remember, Satan is always trying to deceive people into thinking the wrong thing is really the right thing. He is the father of all lies. He even gets people to think they are doing God a service, when they are actually going up against His will. I noticed a link in Jaivaz's signature that says An essay with facts of many of the horrid things done in the name of god. I know Javaiz is trying to use that essay to bring Christians down, but really it's a good example of how Satan has decieved religions into thinking they were doing God a service by killing people who were differen't from them. Even Christians were once put to death in the name of God. Religious leaders who followed God, but did not believe Jesus Christ was the Messiah...persecuted the Christians, tortured them, and put them to death in the "in the name of God." All of them were being decieved into thinking they were doing God a great service. Even Jesus himself was put to death "in the name of God". But little did they know, he was God, and rose from the dead three days afterward!

And what of the bull**** used to bring down my fellow Satanists? And Atheists? And Jews? And Buddhists? And how about those who follow Shintoism? Jesus was kill because he was a radical person who wanted power, and formed a cult to gain the formentioned power. And, wasn't he the 'Son of "God" '? (Brings a new meaning to the phrase, Son of a *****, eh?) And how can Nature bring down a false deity?

Now, back to the whole homosexual thing. Satan has been trying to turn the whole world against Christians. People hate Christians because they won't except the way things are becoming. However, the Bible has been warning us about these things for 2,000 years!

They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather then the Creator - who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. (Romans 1:25-27)

God "allows" us to choose our own path and there are MANY paths he does not want us to take, but he also does not want to control people like robots. If people want to choose the wrong path that goes against what God says and face the consequences later, then that's their choice. And once again, people are not born with a defect that makes them gay...scientists say they have never found ANY evidence of this.

That's about all I can think to say on this matter. I'm sure I'll probably get a harsh response or PM from somebody. Oh well!

Not since I was 3 I could not understand how one could simply, BLINDLY, beLIEve in a deity without even wanting to question in fear of burning... It's like Satan was the great hero  of the bible mythos.. I mean.. "God" was the evil dictator who wanted us ignorant and stupid. Satan wanted knowledge and truth.

.... Can I buy some pot from you?

Replies in bold.

#36 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE(Jaivaz @ Mar 26 2005, 01:53 PM)

Welcome, I guess I never got to say that before when you joined, and if I did I do not care for I have no time to go look up a useless topic as such.

Being a bit of a jerk man.

So may I ask wehy you think this Javiaz? What makes you beilieve that its all a cult? Whate do yuo feel about the whole situation? Why/or how do you think we are here?

#37 Stungun

Stungun

Warrior of Light

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:40 PM

He says it WAS, which is technically true. While Jesus was alive it could have been considered a cult - A cult is a term for worshipping a living being, I believe.

However, Christianity didn't truly form until after Jesus died, right? So that could say the opposite. It all depends on how you look at it.

#38 Hero_of_Hyrule

Hero_of_Hyrule

Wizard

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:41 PM

I don't want to start a big argument or anything, but I have to speak against how Javaiz responded to Sir Link's post. Javaiz, I'm sure you don't like it when people speak out against your religion, yet you try to bash Christians all the time. Then when someone shares his beliefs, you fire back and insult him and mock his faith. I'm a Christian as well, and I was very offended by how you hurled insults at the Lord and the Bible...but if you really do beleive the Bible is a "fairy tale book", I'm not going to try to change your mind. You're entitled to your beliefs, just as I am to mine.

#39 Jaivaz

Jaivaz

God of Death

• Banned

Posted 26 March 2005 - 08:52 PM

If I offend you, tough. I do not care. I am me, you are you. If I offend someone that person can just, I'm quite a frank person by the way, **** off. And can you all get my name right when you wish to direct anything towards me?

So may I ask wehy you think this Javiaz? What makes you beilieve that its all a cult? Whate do yuo feel about the whole situation? Why/or how do you think we are here?

I simply said I had no time to look for a post that simply said "Hi, welcome to babble babble, ***** *****, etc etc, bull**** bull****." If that is a crime, then sue me.
It was a cult, all religions were cults before being organized.

And if you're offended because I insulted your mighty Jehovah, insult Anton Szandor LaVey. Insult Nietzsche. Insult Ayn Rand. I'm fine with it.

#40 HappyPuppet

HappyPuppet

Deified

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:19 PM

QUOTE(Nate @ Mar 26 2005, 08:08 PM)

Little bit over the line there. Try to keep the names out.

This goes for everyone by the way. I will close this topic if it turns into a flaming war.

#41 Nate

Nate

Magus

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:42 PM

I apologize for calling you a jerk Javiaz, I'm not trying to turn this into an argument, I am just trying to take everybody point of view, which I fond yours the most interesting Javiaz.

#42 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 26 March 2005 - 11:30 PM

As far as debating goes, I'm kinda having fun here. The sides are almost evenly matched. At the last forum this thing happened on, it was two Christians VS 17 atheists. The other guy who sided with me seemed to know a lot about what he was talking about though.

And yes, as Happyman said, let's keep this civl. I want to keep this thing open so we can keep talking.

#43 Archibaldo

Archibaldo

Experienced Forumer

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:05 AM

Its funny how people who care nothing about religion or the Bible will always refer to it when arguing about gays. I'm not saying that any of you fit this stereo type but people in general. But people cheat, steal, and are just plainly evil but when it comes to homosexuality they are all of a sudden Ned Flanders? I mean come on! If you don't live by the Bible you have no right to refer to it.

Perhaps the point about God saying that "gays" are evil and each person is allowed to make their own choices proves that God isn't real. If God were really that all powerful, then he must be the most understanding individual. If he can't accept people about what choices they make, maybe he isn't so powerful after all.

#44 Exate

Exate

Deified

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 01:15 AM

QUOTE(Archibaldo)
Perhaps the point about God saying that "gays" are evil and each person is allowed to make their own choices proves that God isn't real. If God were really that all powerful, then he must be the most understanding individual. If he can't accept people about what choices they make, maybe he isn't so powerful after all.

Exactly.

This is what I think, and don't get on my case for my belief. I believe there is a God who created us, but I think the bible was written by some crazy person, no offense. icon_shrug.gif If the book descended from the sky into a sacred land onto a pedestal, and was engraved with golden writing, I'd think otherwise.

#45 Mad Dog

Mad Dog

Hooya!!!

• Members

Posted 27 March 2005 - 06:59 AM

First off, you're right, we don't fit that stereotype. I for one, live as closely as I can to the Bible. I was a martial artist before I was saved, and the only reason I did not drop my class immediately was because of Psalm 18:32-34. I used to have the world's foulest mouth (I made Eminem look like Barney), but I read James 3:10. I used to be the most perferted kid at my school, but I read all that was written on sexual immorality, and how it was dealt with.

So please, unless it does pertain to someone here, please don't post it.

And if I made that same mistake, you can hit me with my staff.

Also, He gave us free will to make our choices, but He does not have to accept them. I'm not sure where you get the idea that he has to accept us to prove he has the power to create a world within six periods of time (technically they were days, but they might not have been the normal days of 24 hours)

Also, I'm just waiting until I start breaking out the scientific proof (I think I've discussed it here before, but I dunno)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users