Photo

Moving saves from a different computer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 studkid

studkid

• Members

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:14 PM

Hello, I've recently got a windows laptop and I started to move things from my other computer (which is a mac) it my laptop.  I got to ZC and got a bit stuck.  I was able to get my save files off of the mac and too my laptop, but when I try to load up a save (specifically a custom quest) it tells me that the .qst file was not found.  I tried to change the directory of my custom quests with Zelda Classic Manager which seems to have changed it, but it didn't for that save file.  Is there any way I can change the directory of the quest file so that zc can read it when I open up my current save file?

#2 Cukeman

Cukeman

"Tra la la, look for Sahasrahla. ... ... ..."

• Banned

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:25 PM

The correct location for the "zc.sav" file on mac is in the "ZC Resources" folder which you can access by right-clicking "Zelda Classic.app" and clicking on "Show Package Contents". I would recommend making an alias (shortcut) for the "ZC Resources" folder by right-clicking on it and clicking "Make Alias".

You don't need to change the directory or move any of the files or folders around, in fact it's probably going to screw things up if you do.

EDIT: If you put that alias in the folder with "Zelda Classic.app" you won't have trouble finding it again. Also, the "ZC Resources folder" where things like ZC screenshots are saved.

EDIT2: Oops, you are moving to Windows from Mac, not the other way around. Sorry.

Edited by Cukeman, 23 July 2016 - 04:28 PM.

#3 studkid

studkid

• Members

Posted 23 July 2016 - 04:55 PM

Cukeman, yeah, I found the save files alright.  I put them into my ZC on my laptop and it shows all of the saves.  My problem is trying to load a custom quest save because it's looking for the directory the file was on my mac and can't find it.  I want to know if there is a way to tell ZC that the directory changed and give it the new directory because I don't think I can make a file in the place it is looking because it doesn't tell me that it's looking in any drive.  I tried to make a new save with the quest loaded to see if it would help too, but it didn't fix my old save.

#4 grayswandir

grayswandir

semi-genius

• Members

Posted 23 July 2016 - 08:16 PM

Not sure about macs, but the file "ag.cfg" has a couple of file paths that you can edit.

#5 Timelord

Timelord

The Timelord

• Banned

Posted 24 July 2016 - 01:55 AM

If you are using a ZC version prior to 2.50.2, then you're out of luck. The path system on Mac/Linux differs to Windows, and the method for loading quests, and the path stored with the save file, wasn't made universal until 2.50.2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users