Suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 Lemon

Lemon

Legend

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:35 AM

Little bubbles poping on the surface perhaps, fish, some kind of wildlife (like monkeys in the palm trees).

That one light brown color you have on the branches is really annoying to my eyes... dunoo why, just kinda is.

#17 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:40 AM

that's actually the red colors in that CSet, but yeah, it is kinda annoying. maybe I'll make the coral more of an actual brown. fish would look strange if Link swam over them, you know? usually they'd swim away, which would be impossible to do. bubbles is very much doable, but wildlife, for the most part, is hard to do, because it needs to be moving around to be realistic (yes, I am aware this is Zelda)

#18 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 01:59 AM

Siguy, fish under the water would be hard to do, but it WOULD look nice

Umm, that was MY idea, not Siguy's. But you could use combo-cycling to make the fish unwalkable when they are on that part of the water.

Edited by Limzo, 29 April 2006 - 02:01 AM.

#19 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 02:34 AM

no, fish are out of the question. and I was replying to what Siguy said about fish, after what you said

#20 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:20 AM

Oh, right. But you could still do half-burried treasure chests (you don't actually get the treasure, its just for scenery) right?

#21 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 03:30 AM

Would even fish deep underwater, which just barely show up as shadows, be out of the question, Gashin? That's something that might look interesting. Moving away from fish though, what about something like clams? Heck, you could even make them interactive, by putting a rupee on the clam, so that when Link dives there, he gets some money from getting the pearl inside of the clam. icon_razz.gif Of course, I guess this would have to be closer to shore, where you can actually see the bottom (since you said the water's dark because it's trying to give the illusion of being bottomless). Other than these two things, all I can say is that I think logs and leaves and bubbles would look good, same as the others.

#22 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:40 AM

How about part of a wrecked ship sticking out of the water? and some wood floating around it. That would be really cool.

#23 GloveMage of Darkness

GloveMage of Darkness

Initiate

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:24 AM

Hears a idea. make the fish swimming combos and stuff, then place it where link can't get to.
example:
XXXXXXXXXX
XFFFFFFFFFX
XXXXXXXXXX
X=bush,rock,or anything unwalkable.
F=fish tiles.
That way, you can have your fish swim, but link can't swim over it.

Edited by GloveMage of Darkness, 29 April 2006 - 10:27 AM.

#24 Limzo

Limzo

_

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:24 AM

great idea glove. I wonder why I didn't think of that.

#25 Rakki

Rakki

Apprentice

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 06:28 PM

Now, I didn't suggest that because that makes it seem a little unnatural, to me. Although, I guess I could've, since it's Gashin's decision on what to use and what not to use, eh? icon_razz.gif

#26 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:26 PM

no fish, period. not even so much as a half-eated one rotting on an island in the middle of the bay. NO FISH. other than butterflies and NPCs, wildlife dosen't work in Zelda

#27 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:45 PM

Not even birds? Why don't you make a few birds flying around. Whats a bay without seagulls?
And wildlife have been in every zelda game!(except zelda 1) How can you say that wildlife doesn't fit?

Edited by Siguy, 29 April 2006 - 07:46 PM.

#28 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:57 PM

alright, some in Link to the Past. there was none in LA (the dogs and chickens could be killed, so those don't count), none in the oracles, and a few birds in Minish Cap

and to make birds flying around would require the use of WAY too many combos

#29 Siguy

Siguy

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:14 PM

Also fish in ocarina of time and also horses though they were not excactly "Wildlife". Windwaker had seagulls.

#30 link3505

link3505

Ancient

• Members

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:48 PM

I'm talking about the 2D games. the 3D games all have wildlife, because it's relatively simple to add to those. remember, you also have to take into consideration ZC's limitations here, with the suggestions of fish and fowl

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users